Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 1:25 pm 
Top of the pops

What a sad state of affairs ....that now farmers are being forced to put fences up some with barbed wire on top ...to fence in their olive, Orange, lemon groves, their bananas, their fields, their poly tunnels growing their vegetables

This has never been seen before

But talking to a local farmer ...who has had his poly tunnels in his field slashed 3 times this last week and he said it is happening to him and other farmers now all of the time and his fruits and vegetables stolen ....there is now a growing anger in our local Cypriot farming community that is rightly now being voiced

The farmers know who the thieves are ....the new African immigrants ....the police have been informed and the police know who the thieves are ....

But neither the farmers or the police are allowed to say or do anything because they will be charged with Racism !

What a truly sad situation ...for the ever changing face of Cyprus

A Cyprus where you could leave everything out and nothing was ever taken

A Cyprus where the fruit groves, bananas, fields and poly tunnels where never thought of to be touched and stolen from

Let’s hope that common sense comes to the fore soon and stops the rot that is now happening in Cyprus and this ridiculous racism slant just because some ones skin is dark that they are not allowed to be stopped thieving under the guise of racism ...a thief is a thief ...whatever their color

And no I am not a racist...my family is multi cultural...but I am deeply concerned about all of these young men arriving here with no knowledge of who they truly are and what they are now doing to ruin this country!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:02 pm 
Rock Star

Sadly it does seem that in the last 2 or 3 years anything which isnt nailed down or behind a security fence will grow legs and run away ! I guess this is a cost of cultural diversity !
On a perhaps related note every time i goto Tower electrical i pass is it the new york hotel ? There is always a police car outside ! Is it really there 24/7 ? That is some cost to the tax payer ! Makes me feel i would not like to walk or cycle in that area .

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 10:57 pm 
Top of the pops

For me as an immigrant ...who arrived here legally with my own money through the correct channels

This is not about cultural diversity ...this is about people arriving here as they do all over Europe and the uk illegally ....bringing with them negativity

Not all illegal immigrants are thieves far from it......but watch this space ...as the numbers grow

We are already feeling and seeing the negative affects of unknown illegal immigrants hitting the villages of Cyprus!

The local Cypriot farming community most wonder what on earth is happening to their once safe fields and country!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:03 am 
Top of the pops

These illegals are also stealing from supermarkets every single minute of the day...shoving bottles inside their clothes and allsorts and why THE SHOPS don't employ proper security guards etc is beyond me!

Papantoniou rarely have a guard -possibly seen on once at the harbour store.

Lidl security is either invisible or a joke - theft has always been rife in there though due to the lay out.

ERA/Next security is more visible but still not effective..and if you pick up a 4pack of socks make sure there are definitely 4 pairs in there not 3 ...

WE are the ones paying for the stolen stuff because the shops put the prices up to cover their losses...!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:12 am 
Rock Star

I went to Regina gdns for the first time in ages . It has now big fences and security controlled gates ! Such a shame how things are going.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body