Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:27 pm 
Rock Star

I came back from uk couple of weeks ago . Flying into Stansted was fine, but flying out again ! Very busy terminal and the number of people going through security was large aand very efficiently delt with , they deserve a gold star for that , but after !!! Hi pressure marketing in your face ! The walkway is designed ikea/jumbo style , the first 20 or 30 shops all sold perfume with people getting in the way with testers, the GBH of the nose was awful , i like a woman with a nice subtle perfume but this attack of a hundred scents simultaneously really unpleasant and seemed to just go on and on . Once i had run the gauntlet i hid in Hambleys and bought the wife a really cute cuddly puss cat. The main seating area surrounded by food shops was not large enough for the number of passengers using the terminal. It was hot stuffy and very busy , there was was nowhere to relax , when the gate no came up i took the 10min walk there only to find we were delayed ( not the airports fault ) but the vending machine was phone/card payment only . My recent experience of airports is small, Paphos, Tallinn and Helsinki, this experience has made me realise how good Paphos is ! Also for the minority who dont have a smart phone or credit card, revolt , paypal etc dont bother going to the uk, its a different world.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:02 pm 
Rock Star

Mouse wrote:
Hi pressure marketing in your face ! The walkway is designed ikea/jumbo style , the first 20 or 30 shops all sold perfume with people getting in the way with testers, the GBH of the nose was awful

I guess you haven't been through Larnaca airport since they redid the duty free are. It seems huge compared to the number of people that use the airport, but it is impressive and yes, they also have the ladies with the perfume testers.

Personally I am not a fan of Paphos airport as there is very little there, plus no lounge (to be fair they have very few business class flights), so I much prefer the drive to Larnaca.

Not been to Stansted for 16 years. These days it's Heathrow Terminal 2 for me!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:09 pm 
Rock Star

Effsie no i have not been through larnica in about 12 years. Because you speak of Lounges and bussiness class and Heathrow terminal 2 i supose you dont fly bargain basement Ryan air . True there is not a great deal in Paphos but you can buy coffee with CASH and find some where fairly quiet and relaxing to sit , for me thats all i need in departures.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:33 am 
Rock Star

Mouse wrote:
Because you speak of Lounges and bussiness class and Heathrow terminal 2 i supose you dont fly bargain basement Ryan air

I always travel with suitcases, so, if I book at the right time, a business class seat can be about the same as flying with a budget airline. Last time I tried to fly with EasyJet it would have been about €100 dearer than a business class seat with Lufthansa/Austrian/Swiss. BA is way too expensive though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:33 am 
Rock Star

When i do fly, it is to Tallinn , Estonia . The trip used to be car or taxi Chloraka to Larnica, air baltic to Helsinki, taxi to helsinki port, ferry to Tallinn port ! Long and expensive ! So when ryan air started Paphos to Tallinn direct it was great ! Although i must admit i am not a great fan of Ryan air , well apart from price .

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body