Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:38 pm 

Not naming any names, but my family and I went to a place in Coral Bay the other night.......it was packed with tourists wearing coloured hotel bands (says something about hotel food), and we thought 'ah! This could be good!' Far from it!!!! The service was diabolical, the food cold, and when they reheated it, it went in the microwave and came back on the same plate....ummm hot cucumber and lettuce. They then over charged us by nearly a tenner, and pleaded ignorance.......it was an experience and we won't be recommending them. You will work out which one it was when it doesn't appear on this Good Food Guide! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:44 pm 
Top of the pops

When it comes down to basics...

Why should we NOT name NAMES?

If what is posted is 100%

Then, in my opinion, I think it should be
passed on to other people that there are
some places/hotels/restaurants in Paphos/ area
that should be "uncovered"............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:11 am 

This is a whole new topic of converstaion....the reason we should not name names is because there is an element of 'people' in Cyprus, like anywhere I suppose, who would just like to see small businesses fail. Very similar to the gossip culture, but much more malicious!!! Us educated people who believe they are reading the truth, will be easily misled, and you will get the '.......don't go there, I heard it was ****, my friends head fell off after**** or did you hear....'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:14 am 

ohh it reminds me of when my daughter told me 7 different mixes of sperm had been found in the milkshake of a well known burger place.......turns out the same rumour spread across Britain like rabbits! True.......or is it?....Yes the story is true...but the sperm bit was simply a rumour....yuk!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:59 am 
I second Tilly & Sherie's comments regarding naming names, because if the information isn't 100% accurate, not that I'm saying you're telling porkies Sherie :oops: , we could be held liable & prosecuted for false or malicious claims :!:

Pete :Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:33 am 
Forum Admin

Sherie can you PM me the name, I love gossip :lol:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:34 pm 
Master

I would have thought that one of the main benefits of a site like this is to warn others regarding, poor shoddy workmanship / service.

If you visit the following website you will see how effective this can be, causing this case to be raised in the house of representatives, knowledge is indeed power, effective if used in the right way.

http://lyingbuilder.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:58 pm 
I know what you're saying Axel but its slightly different from someone getting a bad meal to what you have read on that website :!:

Maybe the place Sherie went too did make a mistake but it was a one off, then we decide to mention them, things could steam roll out of hand & the place closes, people lose their jobs, the owner goes bankrupt, how would you feel, all because of one mistake :!:

If Sherie wants to PM me the details, I'll keep it on file & if we get other members complaining about the place in mention, we'll publish the name of the place but until then, we're unable to due to legal reasons :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:50 am 
Top of the pops

If one is allowed to praise great places, then not praising bad places must be done too !

There is no reason to make liable comments, just state facts and an opinion ! IMO anyway :shock:

My Paphos restaurant site is all about naming, shaming as well as praising so let your hair down ! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:47 am 
Regular

BigDutch wrote:
If one is allowed to praise great places, then not praising bad places must be done too !

There is no reason to make liable comments, just state facts and an opinion ! IMO anyway :shock:

My Paphos restaurant site is all about naming, shaming as well as praising so let your hair down ! :D

Hi BD

I wanted to put a 'bad' review on your site about a venue, but I thought I better not --- Until I read your posting here.

So ALL done! And I feel BETTER for doing it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:19 am 
Top of the pops

Thank Stuart - keep them coming - whilst i don't like to read bad reviews (i mean who opens a business to do so badly) we are all different and obviously have different expectations, the more people that make reviews should give a clearer overall view of each place ! In the same way i take an all 10's review with a pinch of salt (the place was really like heaven - in Paphos ?!?) i also don't take one bad review as a true reflection of a place, could be either a bad day/night or other unknown reasons, now when the bad reviews out weight the good then of course this has to suggest the place sucks ! this is why we need as many reviews for as many places as possible to weed out the shockers !

I know some people don't "have the time" to place reviews on the site but i can only urge them to spend a few minutes helping out fellow local diners :) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:56 am 
Geoff,

I'm in total agreement & your site is setup for that specfic reason, it's a great website for people to express their views either one way or the other :!:

Have you passed on your business logo & link too our Advertising Administrator at: [email protected] so we can put it up on our website, thus giving other member, who may not know about your website, a chance to look it over & maybe express their own opinions about any venues they may have visited :?:

It would also be good of you if you could do the same for us :wink:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body