The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOS tv system
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pm 
Junior

Cytanet have told us that they are having a lot of people querying about loss of the tv and said it is to do with the provider.
We are with SOS and cannot get anything on the to, is anyone else having problems?

Post subject: Re: SOS tv system
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:00 pm 

Our system also down. Having had a look on fb it looks like all the systems are down.
Only a matter of time I guess, but still a pain in the butt!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:00 pm 

Sensible Satellies (Simon) is also down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 pm 
Rock Star

Ours has stuttered a little bit, but is other wise okay (from Holitec).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:55 pm 
Top of the pops

Our system is down also.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:43 am 

Police said on Friday they would continue investigations into illegal television streaming network Dreambox after they arrested three men earlier in the week.
The group had established a significant technical network of servers to broadcast more than 1,000 cable channels – including Nova, Sky Cinema and Sky Sports – to more than half a million subscribers in Europe.
“We will target the providers rather than the users,” a police spokesman told the Cyprus Mail, adding that they are now collecting over 800 testimonies and investigating nine more individuals
Two of the accused are from Limassol and one from Larnaca. Among the charges they face are conspiracy to commit a felony, violation of European law on intellectual property, the unlawful creation of personal data without the approval of the data protection agency and felonies against the law on prevention and combatting of illicit operations.

Their arrests were the result of nine police raids carried out on Tuesday in three districts in Cyprus, and Greece, Bulgaria and the Netherlands in broader collaboration with Europol’s mobile unit.
The illegal network was discovered by Nova Greece and later verified by CYTA as a piracy network existing in all four countries.
State broadcaster CyBC said on Thursday that the whole police operation is the result of an investigation that began last February. The delay occurred because the main server in Bulgaria used masking software to show it was coming from the Netherlands.

Among Dreambox’s clients were cafes and clubs, which used the service to show live football at a cost substantially lower than purchasing legal subscriptions.
CYTA said on Friday it will enhance its efforts against piracy to secure the interests of its intellectual property and its clients by collaborating with all parties in charge at home and abroad.

Any complaints or information regarding possible piracy networks can be given through CYTA’s call service or the email address [email protected].
Dreambox uses set-top boxes to receive online streaming services through internet connections instead of mainstream antennas or fibre-optic cables.
The providers illegally transmit pay-per-view services using sophisticated technology. In many cases, a providers or users may use Virtual Private Networks or VPNs to conceal their identities and locations while circumventing any geo-restrictions. It is illegal under the law on intellectual property crime in Europe.

Source:- http://cyprus-mail.com/2018/01/12/polic ... g-service/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 pm 

UPDATE

Police arrest another man in connection with illegal streaming network

Police arrested a 42-year-old man on Friday night in Larnaca in connection with the illegal television streaming network Dreambox.
The suspect was arrested after a number of items relevant to the case were located during a police search on Friday in nine establishments – two in Nicosia, two in Larnaca and five in Limassol.
The man, who is the fourth suspect to be arrested in connection with the same case, is to appear in court within the next few days to be remanded.
Read more

http://cyprus-mail.com/2018/01/13/police-arrest-another-man-connection-illegal-streaming-network/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:10 pm 
Junior

We are also with SOS, but cannot get in contact with them. What happens now ? Are there any other reliable suppliers of the same service ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 pm 
Idol

Look on the other 'Paphos' Forum - loads of information there under the 'Technology' Section including people who have been in touch with SOS Computers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:31 pm 
Junior

Other "Paphos Forum "-never heard of it ,please give details. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm 
Idol

Irvinite wrote:

Don't think I'm allowed to advertise on here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:04 pm 

Old Twister wrote:
Irvinite wrote:

Don't think I'm allowed to advertise Paphos Life on here!

You are not, you did :grin: and I see 'bragging rights' are being claimed Austin7 :banana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:27 pm 
Forum Admin

Old Twister wrote:
Irvinite wrote:

Don't think I'm allowed to advertise on here!

Bye :greetings

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 pm 

Old Twister wrote:
Goodbye

Enjoy :bearhug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:11 am 
Rock Star

Old Twister wrote:
Goodbye

Can't agree with that one. The person that runs it is an arrogant control freak and somewhat reminiscent of someone that used to run another now defunct forum!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:01 pm 
Master

Irvinite wrote:
We are also with SOS, but cannot get in contact with them. What happens now ? Are there any other reliable suppliers of the same service ?

I spoke to Brian at SOS on Saturday morning and he said the supplier is trying to find a new server and to give it a couple of days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:29 pm 

Effsie wrote:
Old Twister wrote:
Goodbye

Can't agree with that one. The person that runs it is an arrogant control freak and somewhat reminiscent of someone that used to run another now defunct forum!

:lol: :bearhug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:41 pm 
Forum Admin

My box at home is working fine , if anyone wants details
please feel free to PM me :greetings

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 pm 
Rock Star

Had a message on my box this morning to say that they are transferring to a new server tomorrow to allow for the increased subscribers, but they don't envisage any problems with reception. Still working mostly okay, just some occasional freezing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:39 pm 

I 'BELIEVE' a couple of systems that went down are now partly or fully operational again.

I DO NOT know if this is fact or fiction, it could be a complete fairy story. :lol:

I was told last night that due to 1 supplier being ‘caught’ and closed down in Europe, 2 other suppliers carried out their own ‘pre-emptive’ strike and closed their supply down, moved their location and would be restarting with 48 hours max

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:12 pm 
Rock Star

Sounds about right to me, if you are running an illegal operation and the heat is on, to close down and hide for a bit then reopen else where.
Don't forget this isn't about stopping you watching UK tv in Cyprus, it's about internation copywrite ! Just depends which laws they choose to enforce at present.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body