Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brits in a danger!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:42 pm 
Top of the pops

Quote:
Gonorrhoea is at risk of becoming an untreatable disease, England’s chief medical officer has said.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/dec/27/gonorrhoea-could-become-untreatable-chief-medic-sally-davies

Post subject: Re: Brits in a danger!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:17 pm 
Top of the pops

Why only 'Brits' in danger? Just because a British doctor has alerted everyone to the danger, does not mean that only Brits are at risk. The same risk applies to anyone, wherever they live in the World.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:21 pm 
Star

In the spirit of the thread :roll: very little research shows the STDs ( sexually transmitted diseases ) in the U.S. and Europe....and there are far more stats out there should you want them, unlike that ONLY talks down any news from the UK and U.S. it forgets just how bad things are back in mother Russia.... :roll:

You want to diss my country at every opportunity fine! But don't expect those who love their own country to show yours in what appears a far worse plight in four of the categories....trouble is you don't get TOLD any of this do you?

We tell our youngsters ( note the age group) what's going on so to avoid spread and danger to life, ......so pointing a figure at 25yr old Brits that indulge in their normal pastime is perfectly sane....and warning of a superbug is exactly what a sensible govt would/should do.....instead of trying to deny one section of society doesn't even exist.... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:01 pm 
Top of the pops

Lyn, I think you're becoming supremely paranoid. Don't know where you got the "diss my country" from :shock:

I didn't get the impression that Sergio was dissing anyone; but instead simply alerting the forum to a medical news story. I have never previously known Sergio to diss the UK as you put it; and as we all know, English isn't Sergio's first language, so how he puts things across isn't always what he means.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:51 pm 
Top of the pops

Yakflyer wrote:
Why only 'Brits' in danger? Just because a British doctor has alerted everyone to the danger, does not mean that only Brits are at risk. The same risk applies to anyone, wherever they live in the World.

That what my impression after reading the article, in part where shown scary statistic of treating the disease by inappropriate drugs in UK.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:22 pm 
Top of the pops

This is old news really. Many deseases that are treated with anti biotics are becoming resistant to that treatment.
People have learnt nothing over the years about "safe sex" have they? Thousands of illegitemate children born every day and sexually transmitted deseases rampant again .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:43 am 
Top of the pops

beverley wrote:
This is old news really. Many diseases that are treated with antibiotics are becoming resistant to that treatment.
People have learn nothing over the years about "safe sex" have they? Thousands of illegitimate children born every day and sexually transmitted diseases rampant again .

Sorry. We can't change our instincts....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:26 am 

beverley wrote:
This is old news really. Many deseases that are treated with anti biotics are becoming resistant to that treatment.
People have learnt nothing over the years about "safe sex" have they? Thousands of illegitemate children born every day and sexually transmitted deseases rampant again .

I blame Jeremy Kyle :lol:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:57 am 
Top of the pops

Yes all those children are Jermey Kyles, a Jerry Springer love child.... :crylaughin

I think as the article came from the Guardian and refers to UK warnings is the reason the headline came about. But again it is a stark warning about the overuse of antibiotics at every opportunity. Cyprus is one of the highest countries for antibiotic use in both medical and agriculture.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:00 pm 
Rock Star

Tanny for once I am pleased I dont go with the flow as I am against the use of antibiotics other than when it is very necessary .

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body