Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:41 pm 

Hi All,

I am new to this Forum and apologise in advance if I have chosen the wrong section to post my enquiry.

Ive read on Trip Advisor recently to check out the Car rental firms prior to booking regarding add-on costs, not the car booked and sometimes the condition of the car itself.

I am in Paphos (Chlorakas area) for 2 weeks this easter for the first time and looking to book 2 smallish cars for my family of 7. We are not over-fussy about type but would prefer to book reliable cars via an established, quality local firm all the same.

Q. Can anyone recommend us whom to approach and perhaps contact details please.

Tks in anticipation of replies.

Regards Chillman.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:45 pm 
Rock Star

http://easyrentacarltd.com

Honest and reliable but a little bit 'Cypriot' in that they don't always reply to e mails ;-)
Best to phone them

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:50 pm 
Star

I just got car hire quotes for a Nissan Note for 13 days in March.

Company A quoted 182 euro
Company B quoted 130 euro.

You need up shop around to get the best deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:24 pm 
Regular

A friend of mine came out here on holiday in September last year and hired 2 cars through Astra Cars at Paphos airport. They have a website for further details.
My friend said it was hassle free and he'd use them again. He advised to be sure to check round the cars and note what may be on the bodywork before you sign for them before you hire a car from anywhere.
Hope you have a good holiday
:sunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:17 pm 
Major

I think George & Koulla's is booked @ Easter {info taken from another poster - possibly on CL forum}
Try Economy car hire we've never had a problem with them. Try to hire from a firm that has a desk in the airport Enjoy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:45 pm 
Star

Try my "Company B" if you can't get a quote less than 130 euro for 13 days

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:43 am 
Junior

I can highly recommend easyrentacar - George was amazing for our trip over and the rates were good too. Slightly worrying to a Brit that no deposit was required but all went fine and just went and paid the day after we arrived. :grin:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:56 am 
Top of the pops

houdinibun wrote:
I can highly recommend easyrentacar - George was amazing for our trip over and the rates were good too. Slightly worrying to a Brit that no deposit was required but all went fine and just went and paid the day after we arrived. :grin:

Not surprised.
They consider British to be trustworthy (and in most instances, they are correct). :-)
Happy travelling !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:46 am 
Junior

[quote="Chillman"]Hi All,

I am new to this Forum and apologise in advance if I have chosen the wrong section to post my enquiry.

Ive read on Trip Advisor recently to check out the Car rental firms prior to booking regarding add-on costs, not the car booked and sometimes the condition of the car itself.

I am in Paphos (Chlorakas area) for 2 weeks this easter for the first time and looking to book 2 smallish cars for my family of 7. We are not over-fussy about type but would prefer to book reliable cars via an established, quality local firm all the same.

Q. Can anyone recommend us whom to approach and perhaps contact details please.

Tks in anticipation of replies.

Regards Chillm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 pm 
Rock Star

When I hired my car in Cyprus on numerous visits I always used this site:

https://www.economycarhire.com

The costs quoted include full insurance and an extra driver at no further cost.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:22 pm 

Out of season and school holidays, SIXT every time. When you do a price comparison of the airport based providers, Sixt will not come out as the cheapest. But what you do not know (until its too late or you have fully read the small print) is that a lot of the providers at the top of the list have an "on-airport" fee of around 20euros. Sixt doesn't. So, when you add the 20 back into the ones that charge it you will see Sixt become cheapest. 20 euro might not sound a lot and isn't, but when the car you hire for a week is only 60ish euros then 20 euro is a big increase. In season Sixt like to charge so I would definitely shop around. Other reason I use Sixt, they have a desk in the terminal. This means you are not met by someone and transported by shuttle to the mass car hire car parks. I travel hand luggage and as soon as I am off the plane, I am first at the desk and I am away in 15 minutes.

Best price I can remember was a Golf for 70euro for a week. Usually, it's 9-11 euro per day for a small car with aircon.

One last thing, Sixt cars are usually new-ish. In the peak season, after shopping around and getting some competitive prices, I have ended up driving nothing more than a death trap from some companies

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:53 pm 
Junior

I agree with Tags. In the past I have used Sixt to rent a car at Larnaca airport to travel to Paphos area and even allowing for the one-way charge this was still cheaper than paying for a taxi.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body