Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 pm 

Hi All,
After all the problems from Paphos Planning Department, due to some disgusting, backhand, efforts to put us out of business, causing us to lose the best months of the year for custom, 3 months, we will be back this week. Our biggest problem has been, we do not have a lanlord with a brother on the council!!!!!
Thats it! No more moaning, we have lost 40 seats under cover, but have rearranged the inside, so we have now 30 seats indoors, comfortably. A lot of our customers have been in to have a look and they are so pleased at what we have done. This episode has cost us the last of our (pension savings), but we feel that we have the right recipe for "breakfast and lunches success". Our disabled toilets will be completed on Monday, unfortunately, we have had to put a wall up, between the kitchen and the dining area. Sue and i have nothing to hide, unlike some cooks.
We have already taken bookings for xmas day and we will be serving Sunday lunches next week.
Sue and I would like to thank, all our customers, who have called in and wished us well, but we really want to thank, ANNIE, who is a lovely lady, who has voluntarily, worked with Sue, to help us get Rumbletums back, up and running.
We will continue to serve "the best breakfast in Cyprus", at the prices we charged before. YOU, THE CUSTOMER, will not be paying for our problems!
I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you all soon.
For the exact opening day, or :P Sunday lunch bookings, please call, 99025875 or 99026683
Thanks and bless you all,
Eddie & Sue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:42 am 
Top of the pops

Hi Eddie

Glad your back :congrats may just pop in & have a nosey......see you soon....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:05 am 
Major

Good luck you both deserve it. :congrats

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 pm 
Rock Star

Don't agree with you about you being "the best breakfast in Cyprus", I think that "Tramps" is much better, just my opinion.

Alan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:57 pm 
Forum Admin

emgeeb wrote:
Don't agree with you about you being "the best breakfast in Cyprus", I think that "Tramps" is much better, just my opinion.

Alan

Eddie
I dont mind you letting people know you are open again , but telling lies on my forum is a bit much !!
everyone knows , Rosey at Tommy Tuckers , makes the best breakfast in paphos... ;)

P.S
I can send you an advertisers price list , like everyone else, if you like ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:48 pm 
Top of the pops

Sorry to differ but we think that the breakfast at The Welcome Inn is the best we have come across in 6 years .Won't go anywhere else now.
We would be happy to test drive any others "on the house" to be proved wrong!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 am 
Idol

Glad you're back Eddie, you were the forerunner for great, full English breakfasts (Tramps is absolutely no comparison on quality!!). Wishing you all the best :clap :clap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 pm 
Rock Star

Stuart Diners Breakfast will lose the meager efforts at Rumbletums.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:12 pm 
Major

[quote="Charnwood Forest"]Stuart Diners Breakfast will lose the meager efforts at Rumbletums.[/quote
Sorry charmwood forest could you repeat that in English?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:40 pm 

Stuarts diner the best one yet in Paphos. Also the best priced.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:53 pm 
Forum Admin

lizzybuns wrote:
Stuarts diner the best one yet in Paphos. Also the best priced.

yeh but ... ! stuart is really ugly .. :greetings
:smilielol

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 pm 
Master

Having been to Rumbletums prior refurbisment I was not impressed.
Stuart has a reputation for providing good food with generous portions,however he has not lasted long at the variuos places he has worked.I really do hope that in his own place he does well and will sample his menu at some stage.
Till then,the best of luck to you Stuart.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 pm 

I would like to advertise on this site, but as the costs are enormous!!!! We make a fortune out of our customers, I dont think, But this website wants us to do this! Therefore, the selected few, can con the public into believing that their supply, is the best.
Sorry Neil
Not a Penny from me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:33 am 
Top of the pops

Good to see you last Sunday Eddie..& your breaky still as yummy as ever..& place lookin good now... :congrats

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am 
Top of the pops

Eddie K wrote:
I would like to advertise on this site, but as the costs are enormous!!!! We make a fortune out of our customers, I dont think, But this website wants us to do this! Therefore, the selected few, can con the public into believing that their supply, is the best.
Sorry Neil
Not a Penny from me

At the end of the day the only real way to be a success is "word of mouth" on an Island as small as this one.

If you give your customers what they want, then unless you are very unlucky you will make a go of it. The more people see you advertising the more they think you are desperate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 am 
Rock Star

Beverly

Your statement that "the more people seeing you advertise will think you're desperate" is total rubbish.

Alan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:25 pm 
Forum Admin

I also have to disagree with you Bev .
Take Ocean basket for instance, they advertise everywhere and they are rammed full every night ..

Word of mouth is the best advertising you can get , but if people have not used your product in the first place , how can they talk about it ??

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:47 pm 
Top of the pops

Beverley I think you're wrong. Yes, word of mouth is best - but you have to get the word in the mouth first and advertising is how you do it!

Lesley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:37 pm 
Top of the pops

I concede the point.What I meant was that non stop advertising can sometimes have a negative result but obviously you have to advertise in the beginning to attract customers.
I know of several businesses here that do not need to advertise as they are well established and word of mouth keeps them that way.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:21 pm 
Forum Admin

beverley wrote:
I concede the point.What I meant was that non stop advertising can sometimes have a negative result but obviously you have to advertise in the beginning to attract customers.
I know of several businesses here that do not need to advertise as they are well established and word of mouth keeps them that way.

Yes , I agree , We have customers who come in and say "so and so told us to come here"
and your comment about not needing to advertise if you are a well established business could also be right , but then how long do you think it takes to become well established ?
I would say at least a couple of years before you have any real credability ...
A good example of excellent marketing is red bull , the amount of time and money that they have spent on the brand is huge and its paid off for them ..
But some people think they can just kit out a shop , open the doors and everyone will run in ,
these people should stay well away from business ..
:doh

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:48 pm 
Major

After living in Paphos for 5 years or more I have noticed that a large number of businesses who have advertised on Rock fm are no longer trading,this is not to say that this is the case every time,but just to name a few ....Keralam restaurant ,wines of the world,Clarksons removals,The window dresser,Weather shield(the one with the 20 year guarantee!),dell soll restaurant,lion travel,fishermans wharf,etc

The trick probably is yes to let people know that you are out there but ....to actually live up to the " hype" IMO the one that really p....s me off is the chillys one " everything under one roof" "a day out for all the family" we sponsor everything that moves, question is is chillys a small time Brit shop or a hypermarket! The new one is order your Christmas hamper WHAT! Chillys must spend a fortune on advertising.The thing is on the odd occasion that I do pop in this shop I am usually the only customer in there hmmm....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 am 
Rock Star

Cecilia

You say "you do go in the shop".

Therefore advertising DOES work. :!:

Q E D

Alan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:33 pm 
Master

Advertising is nessasery to get a message across but over advertising I think has a negative effect.
There are a number of ads on rock fm that have been the same for months and everytime they are played I think oh no not again.
That for me says I'm staying away.
Perhaps play them for a couple of weeks then give it a rest for a while then rekindle the interest a couple of weeks later.
Just a thought :cheers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 pm 
Master

cecilia1954 wrote:
After living in Paphos for 5 years or more I have noticed that a large number of businesses who have advertised on Rock fm are no longer trading,this is not to say that this is the case every time,but just to name a few ....Keralam restaurant ,wines of the world,Clarksons removals,The window dresser,Weather shield(the one with the 20 year guarantee!),dell soll restaurant,lion travel,fishermans wharf,etc

The trick probably is yes to let people know that you are out there but ....to actually live up to the " hype" IMO the one that really p....s me off is the chillys one " everything under one roof" "a day out for all the family" we sponsor everything that moves, question is is chillys a small time Brit shop or a hypermarket! The new one is order your Christmas hamper WHAT! Chillys must spend a fortune on advertising.The thing is on the odd occasion that I do pop in this shop I am usually the only customer in there hmmm....

I think why only a few people - is - they have put their prices up compared with other UK Discount Stores -I check them all out.

John

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 pm 
Master

So sorry I have gone off thread, as I saw that Chillys were mentioned - Sorry.

John

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body