Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome Inn
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:35 am 
Top of the pops

Went there for a breakfast the other day and was impressed - only 3.95 for bacon, sausage, eggs, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, toast and unlimited tea or coffee - now booked for a Sunday lunch as main course only 3.95 with starters and desserts at only 2 euro each. Very good VFM and if the breakfast is anything to go by good quality food and happy service by the waitresses.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

Post subject: Re: Welcome Inn
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:36 am 

Candy wrote:
Went there for a breakfast the other day and was impressed - only 3.95 for bacon, sausage, eggs, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, toast and unlimited tea or coffee - now booked for a Sunday lunch as main course only 3.95 with starters and desserts at only 2 euro each. Very good VFM and if the breakfast is anything to go by good quality food and happy service by the waitresses.

is this near harbour please

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:29 am 

The Welcome Inn is off Tomb of the kings road. There is a set of traffic lights mid-way and if you are coming from the direction of the harbour you turn right at the traffic lights and it is up that road on the left.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 pm 

sounds good to me, going to give it a go for sunday lunch. :|

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:17 pm 
Idol

Out and About, you'll have to book. I believe they were turning people away last Sunday if they hadn't booked.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:53 pm 
Master

Welcome Inn -fully booked for Sunday - just tried!!

John

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:57 pm 
Top of the pops

I will give my opinion after tomorrow :)

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:19 pm 

thanks Trish.. looking forward to hearing your comments tomorrow.. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:49 pm 
Top of the pops

You get what you pay for and if the amount of frozen bags that were being moved around the freezer is anything to go by it is not fresh.

Couldn't fault the staff, who really tried to help especially when someone was smoking in the doorway and it was literally blowing in my direction and didn't charge for the starter cause I couldn't eat soup with a layer of oil on the top of it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:34 pm 
Junior

Hi Trish, First of all I am sorry you were disappointed with the starter. Secondly, just to clarify that the vegetables we use are fresh and not frozen. We had over 120 bookings today with no other complaints and already nearly fully booked for next week. As a token you are welcome to come in this week anytime and have a free breakfast that you raved about a few days ago. If you make yourself known to Elaine and the girls I am sure they will look after you. Again my apologies for the starter.

The Welcome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:05 pm 

Thanks Trish, I will stick with break-fast, looks like welcome inn could be over booking for sunday lunch... :!:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 pm 
Star

According to what I have heard they definitely use frozen veg!!!!
Yvonne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:55 pm 
Idol

Thoroughly enjoyed the chilli jacket potato and salad I had there today :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:21 pm 
Star

I dont know about Sunday Lunch, but I have had a few breakfast's there, very tasty, and cooked to how I like. (I am the awquard one who does not have eggs or black pudding and has the bacon and sausage well done!) and it has always been done to perfection, for me.
I have also had the cauliflower Cheese Grill and that was very yummy too!
I will eventually get down there to try their Sunday Lunch then I will give you my opinion on that too.
My friend had the Chilli Spud and that looked delicious, and according to her, it was very nice indeed.
If you are not satisfied with any food, be it here or anywhere, if you just have a word with them discreetly there and then I am sure it can be sorted, just my opinion anyway. :D

Wendy. :greetings

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:23 pm 
Top of the pops

Wendy, told you why I don't say anything - seen too many TV programmes where meals have been spat on etc when someone has complained so don't take the chance. :shock:

Thank you for the offer Peyia1, was in there today for your scrummy breakfast but did not make myself known due to the above :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 pm 
Star

LOL....Trish, what you like........ :bounce

Wendy. x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:44 pm 
Junior

Hi Trish, the offer was made out of common courtesy. We did sse you in with your friends and i can assure you what you say happens in some places would most certainly never happen at the welcome. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast and your friends enjoyed their lunch as they said on their way out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:29 pm 
Junior

Sunday lunch was great value for money.
Changed place lot busier than when Ian and carol had it. Elaine do you have wifi connected back in yet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:23 pm 
Junior

Hi, as I put on general forum yes the wifi is back up and running. Glad you enjoyed our Sunday Lunch.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:47 pm 
Junior

Coming out in two weeks time is the welcome inn still good value for food and drink or are there better value restruants nearby recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Scott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:15 pm 
Major

Bet this is on the tip of some people's Tongue so I will say it for them tommy tuckers is very good.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:50 pm 
Rock Star

We are hopefully going to the Welcome in this week after reading many good things about them.

Trev..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:07 pm 
Major

How very diplomatic of you trev I have never been but I am sure you will enjoy the welcome inn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:14 pm 
Top of the pops

Thoroughly enjoyed their lasagne last week and they now have it right with my salad (I don't do green) so loads and loads of tomatoes and onions on mine - way to go :grin: . We even had a free glass of sparkling wine as we were celebrating a friends birthday - very nice touch indeed to be made feel as though we are special.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:20 pm 
Top of the pops

Well got to admit the Welcome must be the most expensive place for a frappe - friend had a large one (a fraction larger than the normal size elsewhere) and was charged 4 euro - for a bit of extra water. Come on get real as you could loose some regular customers over this. Even some of the more expensive places in Paphos don't even charge that plus they give a glass of water with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:44 pm 
Top of the pops

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!...............that cant be right,. he gave me mine FREE last wk coz I went & forgot to pay, got in the car went back & said whoops forgot to pay for my frappe, so he said being as I had been so honest to go back & pay wouldnt have the money off me...Forgot all about it till now..

Had another FREE one today aswell at a beach bar ...my friend asked for the bill- 2 frappes- & I said oh we dont have to pay do we & the guy said No these are my treat to you..its been a pleasure , & they should have been E3 each..always worth "joking".In fact so far Im collecting Freebies this week.... :crylaughin :crylaughin :crylaughin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:39 pm 
Top of the pops

Got to admit I have received an apology and apparently it was a mistake and will be rectified when we next go in. Will let Cindy know. :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 am 
Top of the pops

Candy wrote:
Got to admit I have received an apology and apparently it was a mistake and will be rectified when we next go in. Will let Cindy know.

I should think so aswell...prob charged Cindy for the freebie he gave me last week!!!! :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:52 am 
Top of the pops

So how much is a Frappe then Trish?

Treat others as you want to be treated

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:58 am 
Top of the pops

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee....................... :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:05 am 
Top of the pops

fairyshirls wrote:
Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee....................... :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

Hahahaha Cheeky............... :) :sunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:05 pm 
Top of the pops

Normally 2 euro Molly.

Got to admit friends are saying that the prawn salad is brilliant and certainly looks good, but I don't do prawns or green :smilielol

It is not fine dining, but there again a lot of places in Paphos aren't but certainly isn't a rip-off like others that is why we were so surprised at that cost, even though it was queried - 3.95 for a nice prawn salad and then 4 euro for a frappe :shock:

Still recommend their breakfast at only 3.95 with as much tea or coffee as you can drink. :clap

Hint Peyia1, decaffinated would go down a treat as not many places do decaffinated coffee or frappe - would make my friend's day next time we are in to have a large decaffinated frappe. :celebrate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:54 pm 
Top of the pops

Just goes to show how things can get out of hand and do damage to a biz. Glad it all got sorted . Marj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:15 pm 
Top of the pops

:goodpost Marj.....:) :sunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 pm 
Junior

Will see what I can do Trish.

Peyia1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 pm 
Top of the pops

Called into the Welcome Inn this morning on the way back from car hunting and ordered 2 all day breakfasts.We didn't realise that they were not yet open but despite this they served us anyway.I can honestly say that in 6 years here (on and off but now permanent) it is the best one we have had and certainly amazing value for money.The eggs were cooked as I like them (no snotty tops) and the biggest cup (bucket) of tea I have ever had. Will certainly go back again and sample other fare and certainly would recommend to others.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:39 pm 
Master

If I lived nearer the Welcome Inn I would be there all the time!
amazing value served with a smile and have now tried a few meals, each one was first rate.
Sunday lunch was delicious, all veg was fresh and roast potatoes lovely.
Breakfast is super and each ingredient good quality, no cheap items.
Fish and chips (also 3.50) with peas or mushy peas excellent, batter very nice.
chicken curry & rice/and/or chips good and lots of it.
Even their coffee is good & I am a bit of a fuss-pot.

This is a place which will always do well because it offers value with quality, they have got it nailed!
:welcome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:38 am 
Idol

Anais :goodpost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:30 am 
Rock Star

We went there on Friday.....excellent value.

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:39 am 
Idol

Hi

Had a pint of Keo on my mind last week so on Saturday my daughter and I went to the Welcome Inn, we had 2 toasted sandwiches with a side salad, a plate of chips, a pint of Keo and coke all for 8 euros, it was lovely :pint

Jill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:09 pm 
Star

Had a ladies meet up for a friend who was leaving the other day and after we had all eaten they came and gave her a cake with a Sparkler on top then a cocktail with Sparkler too! A while ago we were all sat there again having lunch celebrating a birthday of one of our ladies, and they came and gave us all a glass of fizz to celebrate :cheers

I just think that little touches like that make all the difference when a few of us are out dining, so just to say a thankyou to staff at The :welcome :congrats

Wendy. :sunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:12 pm 
Top of the pops

:goodpost Wendy :agree

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body