Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:27 pm

Kapnos Airport Shuttle

The Best Entertainment in Paphos, Cyprus Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:59 pm 

hi everyone, can anyone tell me how much roughly i can expect to pay a month for utility bills .. It may be a strange question as i would think everyone's is a bit different, but just so i know roughly what to expect ... Thanks everyone for your help on my posts.

Regards
Charlie Newlands

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:39 pm 
Top of the pops

How long is a piece of string?
Depends on the size property you have,how many of you living in it and what electrical cooling/heating you use.
Water is relatively cheap.around 60 euros a year for basic use in a small apartment but much more if you have a villa with pool.
Refuse tax depending on area can be around 70 to 130 a year (like our rates in UK).
Electricity the biggest expense.We had a 2 bed apartment with heating through reverse air con units and are pretty frugal and 2 months was 200 euros last winter.
We also had a portable gas heater and hob so gas at 14 euros a bottle is the norm.Was going through a bottle every 4 weeks in winter for the fire.
Hope this gives you some idea of cost.
If you have a family with all the extra washing etc then your bills will be higher than ours.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:54 am 

beverley wrote:
How long is a piece of string?
Depends on the size property you have,how many of you living in it and what electrical cooling/heating you use.
Water is relatively cheap.around 60 euros a year for basic use in a small apartment but much more if you have a villa with pool.
Refuse tax depending on area can be around 70 to 130 a year (like our rates in UK).
Electricity the biggest expense.We had a 2 bed apartment with heating through reverse air con units and are pretty frugal and 2 months was 200 euros last winter.
We also had a portable gas heater and hob so gas at 14 euros a bottle is the norm.Was going through a bottle every 4 weeks in winter for the fire.
Hope this gives you some idea of cost.
If you have a family with all the extra washing etc then your bills will be higher than ours.

Thanks Beverley for the info. My wife and i are going to try and get a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment either in Katos Paphos or Tomb of the Kings area ... Those prices are alot less than i thought, anyway thanks again.

Regards
Charlie Newlands

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:55 am 
Top of the pops

hi charlie
you will need to get somewhere with some form of heating for winter
prob need to buy rugs to put down if the apartment doesn't have any
and you will need winter weight quilts to keep you warm at night times
most folks also invest in a heated underblanket for the bed.......mainly because the beds and bedding can feel damp.....and it dries the bed out every night.....as well as making a lovely warm bed to climb into
we brought ours over from the uk :grin:
all the best
maggie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:41 am 
Top of the pops

EVILUTION wrote:
hi everyone, can anyone tell me how much roughly i can expect to pay a month for utility bills .. It may be a strange question as i would think everyone's is a bit different, but just so i know roughly what to expect ... Thanks everyone for your help on my posts.

Regards
Charlie Newlands

Dont rent, unless the place has central heating.........cos the winters here inside the houses are flipping cold !!

Treat others as you want to be treated

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:20 pm 

Molly wrote:
EVILUTION wrote:

Regards
Charlie Newlands

Dont rent, unless the place has central heating.........cos the winters here inside the houses are flipping cold !!

Thanks for the warning Molly, I had thought that Cyprus (Paphos) would still be a lot warmer than the UK in the winter.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:39 pm 
Top of the pops

Cyprus is a lot warmer in the winter than the U.K. Charlie, but believe me the houses are flipping freezing.

In fact you have to go outside to get warm sometimes and once that cold gets into your bones, it takes a long time to thaw out. .............:) :sunny

Treat others as you want to be treated

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:09 pm 
Rock Star

Molly is so right....it even gets cold in Pegeia.

Alan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:32 pm 

emgeeb wrote:
Molly is so right....it even gets cold in Pegeia.

Alan

Thanks Alan, having not been across in the winter what kind of temp/weather would i expect.

Regards
Charlie Newlands

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:07 pm 
Rock Star

Inside, no more than 20C.

Alan

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body