The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:30 pm

Kapnos Airport Shuttle

The Best Entertainment in Paphos, Cyprus Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Peyia village goings on
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:10 pm 
Major

Hi, can you please give me some advice or websites on peyia village (maps seem like they have never been invented for a street map) restaurant names, bars, internet cafe, shops, takeaways, and is there a bar that would have formula 1 on? We are coming for 3 weeks and is there a taxi service in Peyia?

Thank you.

Sharon

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:14 pm 
Forum Admin

They bulit that fast , they could not keep up with the street names.. :wink:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:20 pm 
Top of the pops

Peyia has one main street with a few streets off it housing all the Tavernas,shops,take aways,internet access establishments and it also has a taxi service.I am sure one of the cafes/bars will be showing the sports you want to watch.I would however suggest you look into hiring a car to see some of the island and to get to the beach areas around.There are some good deals to be had if you shop around as taxis are very expensive.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:22 am 
Graduate

Don't know of any websites and maps are always out of date because of the amount of building that has taken place.
On the main road near the church you have The Mill Pub which offers food during the day, Vrissi cafe bar with food all day, Alex bar and The Jail Pub. All have free wi-fi if you have a laptop. Just down the road you have the Meditterranean restaurant. Just off the main road you have JJ's Bar and Sophies restaurant, and also The Grande which also has an internet cafe. There is a supermarket, bakers, chemist. There is a taxi service, usually 5.00 euros anywhere in Peyia and coral bay. You are just a few minutes from Coral Bay strip with more bars and restaurants and there is also a fairly regular bus service. The Mill, Vrissi and JJ's will usually have all the sport on tv.
Hope this helps. If you like a quiz, we run a quiz at The Mill on a friday night which is usually a good laugh.

Janette

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 am 
Major

Thank to you all for the information, I think I will hire a car for a few days, but have done everything there is to do in cyprus, but will be nice to get out to some of the beaches.

Sharon

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:07 pm 
Rock Star

Sharon

Our beautiful village has almost everything, but I have not seen any amphibious car-hire places.

Sorry!

Alan

:greetings

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:55 am 
Forum Admin

cliniquehappyx wrote:
Thank to you all for the information, I think I will hire a car for a few days, but have done everything there is to do in cyprus, but will be nice to get out to some of the beaches.

Sharon

You can forget coral bay beach then , I hear it has been washed away !!

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body