Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:29 am

Kapnos Airport Shuttle

The Best Entertainment in Paphos, Cyprus Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm 
Major

Hi, I have been looking at rented apartments in chlorakas or peyia and have received lots of response for certain places,however, as a single woman, I need to know what areas I would feel safe in, ie what complexes have year round people staying or are they close to a sports bar lol. Seriously, I wouldnt want to feel totally alone, so wondering if anyone can give me ideas on apartment complexes, as I am sure the majority of ones that I have looked at are in complexes, its just I dont know without actually being in paphos.
Many thanks
Sharon
Toon Fan!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:22 pm 
Forum Admin

Hi Sharon
welcome to Paphos people
:greetings

Being a toon fan , you wont be short of mates in Pegia ,
It also depends on what 6 months you are going to be here ?
lots of the complex buildings are going to have less people in the winter months.
Pegia is more of an all year round place in general, with plenty of sports bars etc.

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:32 pm 
Major

Hi
Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Am looking at March to September. Do you know of any names of complexes that i would feel safe, needs big south facing balcony with shared pool and wi fi access. I think it may be better for me to come out and actually have a look round before I decide. This 6 months is a taster to see if I want to move out to Paphos.
Regards

Sharon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 pm 
Forum Admin

from march to sept the area should have people about anyway , but its not
like the UK here , you can walk around in saftey here , we dont have muggings and things like that,
children are safe to go out here , we do have crime , but not anything like the UK ..
Most of the apartment blocks are built south facing you also have a good chance of finding someone on here
who has a rental for you ..

its not like Walker :smilielol

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:16 pm 
Major

whats walker? der! thick blonde here

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 am 
Web-Site Admin

Peyia is a thriving hotbed of toon fans so I'm sure you'll fit right in!

As to finding somewhere to stay, i would recommend waiting until you're out here and checking out places in person - there's absolutely loads of rentals available so you'll be spoiled for choice, and can usually negotiate a good deal on the rent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:37 am 

I have a beautiful appartment that is very safe fully furnished with 3 bedrooms, modern kitchen ,fridge and washing machine,4 air- conditioners, 2 bathrooms, lounge and dining, opening to 2covered balconies with beautiful views as it’s on the 3 rd level. Has undercover car space under the apartment. Apartment is 112 SQM
It also has a shared large swimming pool with beautiful garden surroundings and a play area for the kids.
Only 5 minutes to the beach and 8 minutes to the tourist beach called CORAL BAY.
It is only 5 minutes from main tourist place Kato Paphos with restaurants and nightlife.
Apartment sits on top of the mountain which is very quite atmosphere but if you feel a bit lonely it would only take 5 minutes to be entertained.
Walking distance to the Buses for Tourist locations.
I am looking at about 500 Euro
If you want to see the apartment please contact my brother- in- law Andrew in Cyprus on 99566301 he would only be to happy to help you.

or contact athena by email on [email protected] or call me in Australia
0061 408 45 1162 or 0061 2 9645 6767
Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:43 am 
Top of the pops

Sharon don't rent ANYTHING till you get here. Put yourself in a nice central hotel and then have a good look round - you may want to be closer to town than Peyia, do you want ground floor or upstairs, house or apartment, isolated or in the thick of it, you may like the idea of somewhere near a beach. You'll have more chance of negotiating a good price when you're here too, as someone else said, it's a buyers' market just now. Bide your time and have fun looking.

Lesley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:55 pm 

Hi Sharon
Im coming out alone with a baby for the full month of March to find a family rental from May onwards. The cheapest rental I found was E300 + bills so Im thinking I will go in a hotel as Ive found a month for E250 obviously basic but thats all I need. If u decide to go down the hotel route for a few weeks let me know and we can maybe stay in the same one for company etc. Although I dont do football but if I had to choose its Blackburn Rovers all the way lol :clap

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body