Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Racism in Education
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 pm 

Racism is effecting the education badly. Though a number of people think that it does not exist as much but it still exist even among the leading nations of the world. In US the racism is still a problem in the public school system and in higher education sectors too.

Post subject: Re: Racism in Education
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:46 pm 
Top of the pops

Rax, This raises several issues.

1, Your definition of racism.
2, Others definition of racism.
3, Why should education systems be responsible for teaching about such issues.
4, Shouldnt individuals in society be given the freedom to chose.
5, Government imposed behaviour imposed on people.
6, Positive discrimation.

Where there are differences in people for whatever reason shouldnt they be celebrated.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 am 
Junior

You don't have to travel to the US to find that, enough of that in Western EU where many of us come from.

Racism is a basic human survival instinct, from the times we used to live in tribes.
Can't get rid of that so easily, as it is in our survival genes.
Especially not with all the positive discrimination in the western (white) world.
You get so sick of it, that they actually create racists with it (or maybe that is just the purpose of all this propaganda, keep it nicely divided).

Besides the fact that you can miss out new experiences (good or bad, but at least interesting) by holding on to racist thoughts, I think people should have the right to have these thoughts. It is up to the individual to choose to let those go or not.
And the least thing that is wanted is surpressed anti-racism politics, like we are living in now.

And if everybody would be really honest, we all hold initial judgements based on al the first things we see in somebody, one of which the breed is one ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:38 am 
Top of the pops

Well measured post Carla. Racism (in my opinion) just one issue that the governments use to try to control populations.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:16 am 

carla wrote:
You don't have to travel to the US to find that, enough of that in Western EU where many of us come from.

Racism is a basic human survival instinct, from the times we used to live in tribes.
Can't get rid of that so easily, as it is in our survival genes.
Especially not with all the positive discrimination in the western (white) world.
You get so sick of it, that they actually create racists with it (or maybe that is just the purpose of all this propaganda, keep it nicely divided).

Besides the fact that you can miss out new experiences (good or bad, but at least interesting) by holding on to racist thoughts, I think people should have the right to have these thoughts. It is up to the individual to choose to let those go or not.
And the least thing that is wanted is surpressed anti-racism politics, like we are living in now.

And if everybody would be really honest, we all hold initial judgements based on al the first things we see in somebody, one of which the breed is one ;)

Nice and complete post. I think I am to young to debate on such topics as to compare with you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:24 am 
Top of the pops

Never too young to debate, its a great thing. However I hope you completed the race filter on the forum when you joined... :shock: :lol:

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 am 
Junior

Hey Rax,

well, as far as I can judge on these issues, if you are not totally offended by my writing, than I am sure you have enough intelligence to debate, no matter what age you are ;)

age does not matter anyway, if you do the same thing for 80 years, in the same circles, in the same environment, by no means you have to be more intelligent per se than a 30 year old who has travelled and has taken some risks.

don't let anybody every tell you you are too young (unless you are <18 or so, and even than reconsider twice yourself ;) )

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body