Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vitamin D levels
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:17 pm 
Top of the pops

I have been taking vitamin D3 1000 iu since 2016 ...as per gp,s instructions back then alongside vitamin K2 daily

Listening to Dr Molly our GP...12 months ago at the start of the pandemic she advised Vitamin D 3 at 2000 iu per day

In October Dr Molly emailed us all and advised that maybe we should all up our vitamin D3 to 4000 iu per day for winter months

Must be honest we only upped to 3000 iu per day thinking that that would be enough

Out of interest ...I had my vitamin D levels checked today

Even with so much vitamin D3 ...my vitamin D Levels are not over or good but are just sufficient ...just enough at 32.1 ng/ml

So now I will up our vitamin D3 from tomorrow to 4000 iu a day as I would like a higher vitamin D level

We do take vitamin K2 also each day

For all those taking vitamin D3 interesting results for staying well and healthy

Post subject: Re: Vitamin D levels
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:01 pm 
Regular

I top up my Vit-D daily. By sunbathing out on the balcony. Also, by going for walks, in the sunshine. :sunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:46 pm 
Top of the pops

cameraman wrote:
I top up my Vit-D daily. By sunbathing out on the balcony. Also, by going for walks, in the sunshine. :sunny

Great way of getting vitamin D camera man...wonder where your vitamin D levels are at?

Many studies have now shown that people who live in very hot countries, like Cyprus, Italy, Spain etc etc have very low vitamin D levels...mainly because in the extreme heat of the summer we sit in the shade to keep out of the sunshine and also use high sun factor Creams

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:04 am 
Idol

migmogs wrote:
cameraman wrote:

Great way of getting vitamin D camera man...wonder where your vitamin D levels are at?

Many studies have now shown that people who live in very hot countries, like Cyprus, Italy, Spain etc etc have very low vitamin D levels...mainly because in the extreme heat of the summer we sit in the shade to keep out of the sunshine and also use high sun factor Creams

I didn't take vitamin D3 until a year ago then when I was researching I realised I should, so now taking 4,000iu's every day. That was from an online doctor who probably some would consider a conspiracy theorist. I never heard that level of advice coming from the BBC or MSM.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:34 am 
Regular

We certainly got the advice from the UK Government and as someone who is deemed extremely clinically vulnerable I received a free 3 month supply last month. They also explain that vit D is not suitable for everyone and persons with certain conditions should take medical advice on the correct dosage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:51 am 
Top of the pops

I shall be checking with Dr Molly my GP tomorrow my test results and be asking her advice on dosage just to be sure.

She is a great advocate for using Vitamin D to keep your immune system healthy in the fight against covid

And of course Dr John Campbell has been shouting about Vitamin D levels being important ...since last February ...and has been backing that up with some great scientific papers and results, as he has been saying for many months...it is cheap and is effective

Even after this pandemic ends ...after all that I have learned ...I will now continue with keeping a healthy vitamin D level ....for my over all optimum health

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:35 am 
Top of the pops

I strongly advise people to have their Vit D levels checked - a daily dose of sun, and a diet including egg yolks and oily fish just isn't sufficient.

Mine were virtually non existent at a recent FBC so I'm currently on 50000iu once a week for 8 weeks then been advised to take 1000iu daily!

:sunny :sunny :sunny :sunny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:14 am 
Top of the pops

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
I strongly advise people to have their Vit D levels checked - a daily dose of sun, and a diet including egg yolks and oily fish just isn't sufficient.

Mine were virtually non existent at a recent FBC so I'm currently on 50000iu once a week for 8 weeks then been advised to take 1000iu daily!

:sunny :sunny :sunny :sunny

Amazing numbers considering how we live in the sunshine DD
And just shows as you say to get our levels checked. Well done on your drs for working to get your levels back up
Hope that you and your little one are doing well. Your little one most be growing quickly now :grin:

The uk and other northern hemisphere people are all thought now to be deficient in vitamin D especially in winter months

And of course Muslim women dressed in head to foot coverings and darker skinned people are all at risk also of vitamin D deficiency

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:29 pm 
Top of the pops

Yes thank you we're all fine, time has flown and she's just over 6mths old now!

I've been very lucky in that my drs have been very on the ball both during and after my pregnancy.

:grin:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:45 pm 
Top of the pops

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
Yes thank you we're all fine, time has flown and she's just over 6mths old now!

I've been very lucky in that my drs have been very on the ball both during and after my pregnancy.

:grin:

So good to hear that you have been well taken care of DD because I know that you have health issues

And wow yes time has flown ...baby PP is growing fast and will soon be typing on here :grin:

Take care and stay warm, well and healthy xxx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:30 am 
Top of the pops

Many thanks, it was my neurologist at the CING who noticed the low Vitamin D!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:15 am 
Top of the pops

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
Many thanks, it was my neurologist at the CING who noticed the low Vitamin D!

Sorry to hear that you have needed to see a neurologist DD ...but so glad that drs here tend to be so thorough, good on your Neurologist for spotting your low vitamin D levels

Would you recommend the CING ?

And so glad that your vitamin D levels now will be got back to good levels

Hope that you are feeling much better

Take care

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Yes the Drs there are excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:26 pm 
Rock Star

Had a telephone consultation with my GP, symptoms were extreme fatigue and cramps and aching joints and other slight problems, had blood tests to rule out the usual, was stunned to find that I have low Vitamin D, I am 66 and thought it was older people who have it, surprised to learn anyone can suffer with low vitamin D.

I have been given a booster jab. (Once a year)

This what my GP told me, there can be side effects to the oral type of Vitamin D, so a Once-yearly intramuscular Cholecalciferol injection is a more effective therapy for vitamin D deficiency.

So you do not have to take oral medication, tablets taken incorrectly can cause side effect one being it can cause calcium build up and weight gain and the older person could have other side effects which he did not elaborate on.

So please ask your GP about the benefits of the booster jab v Oral medication

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:44 am 
Regular

That is really interesting low voltage! Thanks for the information and I hope that the jab works well for you

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:16 am 
Top of the pops

I investigated the injection instead of taking the tablets and for me the tablets were the best option so best to weigh up all the pros and then make an informed decision.

:sunny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:14 am 
Idol

lowvoltage wrote:
So you do not have to take oral medication, tablets taken incorrectly can cause side effect one being it can cause calcium build up and weight gain and the older person

That's exactly why I posted earlier that you are supposed to take vitamin K2 alongside vitamin D3.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:46 pm 
Rock Star

Old Twister wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:
So you do not have to take oral medication, tablets taken incorrectly can cause side effect one being it can cause calcium build up and weight gain and the older person

That's exactly why I posted earlier that you are supposed to take vitamin K2 alongside vitamin D3.

Hear what you say OT but taking oral medication without your GPs advice can be dangerous, when I had my bloods done the only vitamin deficiency was Vitamin D, he did not say which one. he advised to take the jab, as I said in my post oral vitamins bought over the counter can cause problems.

As for vitamin K2 it is rare for the body to be short of that especially if you eat the following.

dairy products, especially hard cheeses, liver and other organ meats, beef, pork, egg yolks, chicken, fatty fish, such as salmon.

Research on the internet can be fraught with danger, you can read anything into your problems hence why I went to see my GP.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body