Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: procedure to see a GP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:54 am 
Graduate

Does one have to register with a specific GP?
Are all GESY GPs only in hosptals or are there now GP surgeries?
Thank you for this further clarification.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:16 am 
Regular

You have to register with a GP first to get into GESY. Most private clinics/Hospitals are now registered in GESY. Go to the one you prefer and request to be registered with a GP.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:15 am 
Rock Star

cameraman wrote:
You have to register with a GP first to get into GESY. Most private clinics/Hospitals are now registered in GESY. Go to the one you prefer and request to be registered with a GP.

It is the other way round. The first thing you have to do is register with Gesy. You then print off your application and send it off to Nicosia along with supporting copy documents.

When your application is accepted, the final stage is to choose a GP and arrange to go and see them. They will then press a couple of buttons on their PC to accept you as a aptient and then you are sorted.

All the GPs I have dealt with have said just to phone them with any problems, rather than go in.

To choose a GP there is a list of names and locations in the Personal Doctor Management section of your Gesy dashboard when you log in.

You can go and see a GP earlier to ask if they will accept you on their list, but the registration comes first if you want to go ahead.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:47 am 

Are you still in Gibraltar? (Profile Location: GIBRALTAR) It will make a difference to the advice members will give and which Doctors in which areas they would recommend

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:59 pm 
Master

If anybody is having trouble initially getting registered on GESY from their home computer it could be that you are not putting your FULL name into the system. I discovered this when I helped a neighbour who has three Christian names. He was only inputting his first and surname. When we did his full names he was was accepted immediately. You must input your name exactly as it is spelt, or even if its mis-spelt on your old Immigration papers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:40 pm 
Rock Star

clive of payia wrote:
If anybody is having trouble initially getting registered on GESY from their home computer it could be that you are not putting your FULL name into the system. I discovered this when I helped a neighbour who has three Christian names. He was only inputting his first and surname. When we did his full names he was was accepted immediately. You must input your name exactly as it is spelt, or even if its mis-spelt on your old Immigration papers.

:goodpost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:14 pm 
Master

I registered with GESY using their on-line registration system but it was an easy and straightforward application. Once approved I contacted the Personal Doctor and went to her office to complete the paperwork.

However, the easiest method is to go along to a Personal Doctor who is registered with GESY. Some people like to see a doctor close to where they live, for the convenience. I preferred to register with a Personal Doctor who has her office in a private clinic so if I need lab tests or x-rays etc they can be done at the same place at the same time. Each Personal Doctor has a limit of 2500 patients on the list and some lists are full. Best to wait until you are on the island and then ask for recommendations and seek further information.

You can only be registered with one Personal Doctor. If that doctor is away (holiday/training) then you see another doctor appointed by your Personal Doctor. If you wish to change Personal Doctor it is possible to do so - may have to wait a few months for the process.

If you click in the Filter by Category section in this link you will find more detailed information about GESY:
https://www.gesy.org.cy/sites/Sites?d=D ... trationfaq

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:44 pm 
Top of the pops

Dr Molly and Christina in Peyia does all of the form filling for you and also processes all of your GESY forms for you

She is our GESY gp

So we have never form filled anything

Much easier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:47 am 
Graduate

Yes, I am still in Gibraltar.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:52 pm 

RN13 wrote:
Yes, I am still in Gibraltar.

Since you are enquiring about GESY, presume you are moving to Cyprus once the 'virus situation' allows.
As stated in previous post, it will make a difference to the advice members will give and which Doctors in which areas they would recommend

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body