Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Medicine Prices
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:10 am 

Where can I find the list of MEDICINE PRICES in Cyprus? Is there a list of it?

Post subject: Re: Medicine Prices
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:02 pm 
Top of the pops

Tamara wrote:

https://www.moh.gov.cy/moh/phs/phs.nsf/ ... icelist_en

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:29 pm 
Rock Star

SFD wrote:
Tamara wrote:

Thank you for that SFD.
Am I correct in thinking that items on the list/s are the ones on sale at Pharmacies, but
NOT the ones that can be obtained from the Health Service, which is a much smaller list.
For example I take Zestoretic 20, at €10.76 for x28, I buy from our local pharmacy.
I was told these are not available from the hospitals.
Any clarification would be most appreciated.
Amos.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:43 pm 
Top of the pops

exodus wrote:
SFD wrote:
Tamara wrote:

Thank you for that SFD.
Am I correct in thinking that items on the list/s are the ones on sale at Pharmacies, but
NOT the ones that can be obtained from the Health Service, which is a much smaller list.
For example I take Zestoretic 20, at €10.76 for x28, I buy from our local pharmacy.
I was told these are not available from the hospitals.
Any clarification would be most appreciated.
Amos.

As that is a government website, you could send them an email query or ask at your hospital.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:11 pm 
Rock Star

Thanks SFD.
Well I did ask at the Limassol hospital and was told Zestoretic was NOT on the list they
can dispense, hence I have been buying it privately from the local pharmacy.
There are 2 lists, one they can dispense from, and a larger one pharmacies can dispense from.
They overlap.
I was told the hospital list is kept small to save money.
Amos.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:24 pm 

Thank you for the price lists. Now I have another question: Is the pharmacy (any) obliged to keep this prices or can they decide by themselves how much to charge? I am asking this because I think I have been cheated at least 4 times by a certain pharmacy in Paphos where I am a good customer. So how do they do this? On the package, there is an official label with the price (and a code etc). The girl working there sticks another sticker where she writes how many times to take the pill. Then she charges me let's say 12,05 Euro. At home, I removed the sticker and found out that the official price was 8,15 Euro. I checked the price of the medicine on the price list 2018 and voila: The official price is indeed 8,15. This means that the pharmacist charged me almost 4 Euro more.
This happened to me now 4 times with different pills/ointments within a few months. Last week I bought an ointment in another pharmacy and paid 7 Euro. My husband's reaction was: "What? Our pharmacy charged me 12 Euro 2 months ago!"

So what legally am I supposed to do? Write to the Ministry of health? Publish it in the Forums, Facebook and newspapers? Am I permitted to mention the name and the address of this cheating pharmacy?
I wonder if other forum members have had similar experiences like the one I describe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:43 pm 

Tamara

Have you asked the pharmacy what they are doing? Maybe first thing to do before 'going public'

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:52 pm 

M.A.D wrote:
Tamara

Have you asked the pharmacy what they are doing? Maybe first thing to do before 'going public'

No, I did not yet. I am now shopping in another pharmacy, just 50m away. I just believe that the pharmacy I told about is cheating me and most probably is cheating other customers as well.
I just wonder if that what they are doing is really legal?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:14 am 

Presuming that your ‘new’ pharmacy is selling you the medicine at the price marked on the box, try asking them if what the other pharmacy was doing was legal……

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:43 am 

M.A.D wrote:
Presuming that your ‘new’ pharmacy is selling you the medicine at the price marked on the box, try asking them if what the other pharmacy was doing was legal……

Of course, I will. I am almost sure that the official price list is an obligation for the pharmacies, so I have the suspicion that the pharmacy I was telling about is really cheating the customers as very few people have the knowledge of the existence of the price list issued by the Ministry of Health.

I ask my questions in this forum as I want to know if any of the members here have had a similar experience with any pharmacy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:55 am 

My pharmacy is the opposite. Recently the price of one of my wife’s tablets was reduced by 33% and although the pharmacy still had stock at the old higher price, she sold them at the lower price. The pharmacy also has a ‘loyalty scheme’ where every time you purchase something, you accrue points that convert into credit whenever you want

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body