Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:26 am 
Major

I can't believe what I've just read. ..see below

I know this isn't a selling advert and hope for the interest of public safety you do not delete please 

Phoenix emergency ambulances have workers working for them who have not been paid for nearly three months. The equipment in their ambulance which is owned by the blue cross not by them does not work properly the suspension on the ambulance is shot so you will be bounced around on your journey to the hospital. If you have a subscription please be aware that the one and only registered paramedic on their books refused to attend an emergency which a loan travelling tourist died being delivered to the blue cross hospital had he not refused the ambulance could have got her at the imperial hotel a whole 15 minutes early and could have possibly not resulted in her Demise. The nurse who is employed is not certified in cyprus so any drugs or medical treatment she gives you is illegal the male and female paramedic working are actually only EMTs and are not paramedic trained even though their lapels say they are. This company is a total joke I came here to work for them from the UK and after finding out all their floors have decided that my reputation I have gained in work in the UK would be seriously at risk if I continued to work for them here so with this information I have contacted the health department in Nicosia to which they will be investigating. If you are offered work please do not take it you will not be paid in time of at all. You will be working with them and they will sign you off as qualified although if anything happens you will not be insured or authorised to carry out any medical treatment unless you are registered with and have a certificate to practice in CY if you are registered please make alternative arrangements you health is seriously at risk by using This company at a time when your health requires medical assistance please don't risk putting yourself at further risk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:03 pm 
Master

they are linked or are mentionnd as having links to Peyia Medical Centre and have adverts in the sunshine radio directory and have had air time on their shows too

how true is this?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:13 pm 

toonarmy9752 wrote:
they are linked or are mentionnd as having links to Peyia Medical Centre and have adverts in the sunshine radio directory and have had air time on their shows too

how true is this?

And the link is:- Sandy Beech

Sandy Beech is / was the major shareholder in Peyia Medical Centre – and Brand / Content Director & presenter on Sunshine Radio.

Phoenix are the Peyia Medical Centre Ambulance Service http://www.peyiamedical.com/ambulance/

The 1st post appears a bit 'iffy' to me. Maybe a disgruntled ex employee just trying to stir it?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:23 pm 

Perhaps it would have been better to have also supplied the link to where the article was physically posted so we could have had a bit more of an insight.

I too believe it sounds more like an unhappy ex-employee or possibly even a competitor.... but without a link, it's impossible to tell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:49 pm 
Star

In defence of the op , I also saw it on Facebook , I can not find it now though .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:22 pm 
Major

The link would have given the post name and I didn't think it was fair. There was nothing else to add apart from what I copied so no further insight could have been gained from adding a link. Sounds like an unhappy member of staff who is probably disgruntled. ..but slightly worrying if true. I had the best experience with phoenix last year so I'm surprised

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:08 pm 
Major

Here we go again,

The post and persons face book page was removed by ? neither Bob or I have any idea why this person decided to do this, she was treated politely and told what we needed and what we could offer.

Seems she is blaming her sister-in-law in UK for hacking her FB,

We never brought this person over from UK, she turned up looking for work, after being to Sunshine Carers, she is not qualified to work with us, although plenty of certificates in a very thick folder, however most mean nothing.

We sent her out as a third member for 2 days with our most experienced crew, each hospital they went on call she was asking them straight away for work including St Michaels where told she was not a qualified nurse.

We could have used her as an Ambulance Care Assistant for non emergency calls, such as transfers, however due to personal reasons which we are aware of she will now return to UK.

The only true piece is the Ambulances we have belong to Blue X, St Georges and Iasis, 4 in total we pay for the upkeep, tax, insurance etc.

The latest addition has a tail lift for stretcher trolley, which eases the manual handling aspect of loading/unloading patients.

Most of you will know the reason why so I am not going into that particular disaster again.

Anyone that wants to come down and check our certificates, vehicles, insurance documents are more than welcome

My personal number 99 375284 or [email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:49 pm 

Well done John & Bob :clap :clapping

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:01 pm 
Top of the pops

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
we applaud all of the brilliant work that you do Phoenix Ambulance Service
you saved my life
enough said :shock: :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:34 am 
Star

I never believed it! You do a fantastic job. Very sad people about!
Blossom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:24 am 
Master

am glad this has been cleared up from the horses mouth

well done to you guys for taking and showing the initiative to filling a gap in the health sector.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 am 
Major

Thank you for the support,

Some of our members have contacted us after reading this upset and concerned, this type of scaremongering is not acceptable in any form.

People should check out facts on any subject prior to cutting and pasting a post from elsewhere, especially as the spelling and grammer leaves a lot to be desired.

I am on here and there are plenty of ways to contact Bob or myself for any information, we can clear up any misconceptions regarding our service.

I/We at Phoenix Ambulance expect a full unreserved apology from the person that started this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:40 am 
Forum Admin

PARAMED63 wrote:
Thank you for the support,

Some of our members have contacted us after reading this upset and concerned, this type of scaremongering is not acceptable in any form.

People should check out facts on any subject prior to cutting and pasting a post from elsewhere, especially as the spelling and grammer leaves a lot to be desired.

I am on here and there are plenty of ways to contact Bob or myself for any information, we can clear up any misconceptions regarding our service.

I/We at Phoenix Ambulance expect a full unreserved apology from the person that started this thread.

I am glad to here you have put everyone right John ,
We all know that there are many,many people more than happy with your services ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:25 pm 
Major

After some investigation by Bob and myself we uncovered the following

Hotel called Paphos 24 med centre, they sent a nurse, who then called Blue X, who then called us.

We have no idea of time of initial call, however it would most certainly have been longer than 15 minutes till we were informed, we do know for a fact that our crew responded and on scene in under 10 minutes from when they were eventually tasked to attend, and it is on our PRF, patient report form

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body