Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cost of hysterectomy
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:43 am 
Junior

Currently receiving treatment at Iasis for hormone imbalance but may, further down the line, need a hysterectomy. Does anyone know average cost, (incl hospital stay) ? If its too costly, does anyone know if I can just ask the doctor to refer me to the General ? (I have medical card).

Any info & advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: cost of hysterectomy
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:47 pm 
Major

Had a hysterectomy at Paphos General Hospital back in Jan 2012, used white card. Went to outpatients in Oct 2011 and was advised by consultant that it was my only option. Went in on the Thursday before Friday operation and discharged on following Wednesday morning. Really friendly doctors and staff on Ward who spoke English well and treatment very good, similar to NHS hospitals in Uk. Went back for outpatient appointment about 4 weeks after discharge for check-up. No problems and since then have had no complications, touch wood!!!!

Only thing I can't recommend is the food in the hospital. I really enjoyed the breakfast which consisted of a piece of village bread with honey and a piece of cheese (edam style) with a cup of tea. Other meals consisted of usually chicken stock with either pasta/rice soup, then boiled chicken/fish with rice and greek natural yoghurt. Most husbands/visitors were bringing food in. One Cypriot lady on my ward had her husband bring in a McDonalds. Gosh was I envious.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body