Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:13 pm 

A friend has told me a nurse is offering a 24 hour call out service in peyia from june. Sounds a good idea.
just checked her site out & seems to be happening.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:08 pm 
Major

Not as good as the Peyia Medical Centre with 24/7 Ambulance cover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Been into Peyia Medical Centre today appeared impressive :o)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:37 pm 

From what I can make out she's not going to be there for emergencies but more for anyone who can't get to the medic center or it's shut & they need non emergency help. I think it's geared mainly for people on holiday but she does say anyone who needs it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:33 pm 
Major

The medical centre will be covered 24/7 by ambulance crew, this person came over and visited Sunshine carers, Peyia Medical centre picked all the information she could get and has now decided to come back and offer what is already in place.

Why would anyone call a nurse out and then be told you need to go to hospital, when they could register at Medical centre and call whenever they need help, I just see someone jumping on the band wagon.

I have checked out the web site, offering ear syringing which is a last resort, and First Aid training in 2 hours when BLS ETC TAKES A FULL DAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:08 pm 
Top of the pops

As long as this lady is medically trained and registered to work in this capacity then I think the negative comments smack of "sour grapes" and the bad habits picked up over here of not liking any competition.
I will not probably be going to the new medical centre as we do not have the money to "go private" and depend on the excellent Doctors and nurses at the General Hospitals.We have no complaints at the treatment we have had once you get through the general mayhem of registering to see the Doctor! (Each man/woman for him/herself".Queueing? What is Queueing? lol )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:28 pm 

I must say I have to agree with you Beverley. Paramed63s comment "Why would anyone call a nurse out and then be told you need to go to hospital, when they could register at Medical centre and call whenever they need help." leaves me a bit stunned. If I felt unwell and either called a nurse out or visited one I would like to think they would be qualified enough to know that something was more serious than I originally thought and would act swiftly to get me the help I need.

Removed after request by person whom it was sent to

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body