Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Repeat prescriptions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 am 

I am trying to find the definitive answer on repeat prescription charges. My wife and I are both in receipt of state pensions and hope to move into rented accommodation in Paphos in the New Year. We both have several repeat prescriptions each month. We were in Paphos recently and popped into one of the private medical clinics and spoke to a doctor. She said that under the state scheme you only paid 10 euros a month irrespective of the number of repeat prescriptions you needed. I've not seen that on any of the forums. Can anyone who is in a similar position to us tell me what actually happens please.

Post subject: Re: Repeat prescriptions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 am 
Top of the pops

I haven't heard of that one, but I go to the General, see a GP and get my prescription, then go to the hospital pharmacy and get the prescription filled. He usually prescribes two months at a time for me, and the cost is €2 to see the doctor and that also pays for medication. I believe the charge goes to zero when you hit a certain age, but not sure what that age is, although I'm sure someone will be along to help. :morning

Retirement - harder work than working - But much more fun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:10 pm 

Jean wrote:
I haven't heard of that one, but I go to the General, see a GP and get my prescription, then go to the hospital pharmacy and get the prescription filled. He usually prescribes two months at a time for me, and the cost is €2 to see the doctor and that also pays for medication. I believe the charge goes to zero when you hit a certain age, but not sure what that age is, although I'm sure someone will be along to help.

I thought only some prescription seem to be covered in the cost to see the doctor. Not really worked out medication falls into which yet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:41 pm 
Top of the pops

Ali - I get all my medications, but that is possibly because I'm a pensioner and my costs get billed back to the UK. :greetings

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:46 pm 
Major

I am no expert on Cyprus matters but I understood that if you have an S1 which you would qualify for being of state pension age then you will get all medication/health care free apart from the 2 euro which you pay until you are 65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm 
Major

Just to add that our doctor here in Polemi prescribes more than one months medication at a time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:05 pm 
Master

geoffundmolly wrote:
I am no expert on Cyprus matters but I understood that if you have an S1 which you would qualify for being of state pension age then you will get all medication/health care free apart from the 2 euro which you pay until you are 65

The best way to sort this out is for the poster to go to the Pafos Citizens Support Centre - if u have an S1 they should issue u with a Medical Card as u are a UK pensioner - check it out! UK Pensioners (EU Citizens) do NOT pay the 2 euro health/medication fee.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:15 pm 
Top of the pops

UK Pensioners (EU Citizens) do NOT pay the 2 euro health/medication fee.

Erm, yes we do! I am a UK Pensioner and I pay the €2 - I think when you turn 65 maybe it is free then, but certainly until then, you pay. :greetings

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body