Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pafian Park Hotel
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:01 pm 

We are staying at this hotel in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone has any knowledge of the hotel. We have read mixed reviews which we keep an open mind about. We are visiting with our two young sons so as long as they're kept amused then we're happy. We don't mind not being too close to anywhere but would welcome any comments. We can't wait to come and visit, our boys have got their heart set on a visit to the waterpark (they're only 4 & 6 so we're trying to steer them away from that at the moment as I believe it's quite an expensive day out!). Looking forward to any comments 8-)

Post subject: Re: Pafian Park Hotel
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:12 pm 
Top of the pops

The Pafian Park Hotel is just around the corner from where I am currently living, and my next door neighbour is night receptionist there, although he is leaving at the end of the month to return to the UK. Friends and relatives of my other next door neighbour have stayed there, and said it was perfectly adequate. Do not have any personal experience of the hotel, so cannot help you there. I am not sure if Papantonious Supermarkets are still giving the money off vouchers to the Water Park, but I have to go in there this week, so will check for you. If they are, and I spend enough money, I will get one for you. If you hire a car there are lots of beaches for you to go to - my personal favourites are Vardas Beach, Lighthouse Beach, Pafos Municipal Beach, and Riccos beach at Geroskippou - mind you I believe the pool at the Pafian Park is very good. I'll try to find out further details for you tomorrow.

Retirement - harder work than working - But much more fun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:42 pm 
Top of the pops

I've never stayed there, but I know they have lots of entertainment in the evenings and probably during the day as well. Enough to keep you all entertained.

I'm sure you will all have a lovely holiday........ :lol:

Treat others as you want to be treated

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:19 am 

Many thanks Jean and Molly for your replies.

We have read quite a few reviews on the hotel and it seems to be fine. As long as the boys are in the pool during the day and can be kept amused in between then we're happy with that.

Thanks Jean for the info about the supermarket/waterpark, we've managed to steer the boys away from waterparks in the past because they've been too young but it was a bribe that if they learnt to swim this year they could go to one - which they have so we can't use that excuse any more!!!

We're very much looking forward to coming over, we've been reading the forum since we booked and it seems such a lovely, friendly place - only 11 more sleeps and counting.

Thanks again :D

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body