Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm 
Top of the pops

This is where I stayed on my first visit to Cyprus, when I holidayed with 8 other friends for New Year 2003 into 2004. I had a wonderful time, we all thought the food was excellent, the staff attentive, the entertainment was pretty dire, but if you can't have a good time when there are 9 of you holidaying together, then you should stay at home. That was when I fell in love with Cyprus, so came back again in March 2004 (on my own this time) and stayed at the Ascos again. I returned to this hotel, as the travel company I used - Mercury Direct - did not charge single room supplements during the winter months. I emailed them before I travelled, and asked if it would be possible for me to have the same room as my previous visit, as I found it very comfortable, and when I arrived, that was the room I had been allocated. This visit was when I bought my apartment off plan, so holds special memories for me.

The rooms were comfortable, the beds clean, and there was a kettle provided along with the things needed to make a cup of tea or coffee, which was replenished daily.

Retirement - harder work than working - But much more fun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:52 pm 
Top of the pops

I agree Jean, we have stayed there many times, I love the layout of the hotel and grounds. Its also in a good spot for the Coral Bay 'strip'.

In fact one of the managers there is now our friend. :lol:

The one thing the hotel needs now is re-furbishing as parts of it is looking shabby.

The food and staff are excellent........... :lol:

When we moved to Cyprus permanently, we booked a two week all inclusive at this hotel, whilst we moved into our house. We just didn't use the ticket going back to the U.K......... :lol:

Treat others as you want to be treated

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body