Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:29 pm 
Forum Admin

Posted by Axel Foley

Athena Beach, truly awful, spent three nights there a couple of years ago and, check out staff tried to charge us for three days, "No Madame, you stayed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, three days", Madame said, " No, stayed two nights, Friday, Saturday, leaving on Sunday, two nights"........................you could not make it up !!!!

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:42 pm 

Stayed there last December. Very nice, excellent food.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:54 pm 
Major

beautiful hotel, fantastic pool and great lunch time eating. Love the gardener, a local old chap who used to bring me and my sister grapes and veg from his garden. Met nanny for a Bill star, her husband and child, so they obviously didnt think the hotel was bad. I personally feel, that compared to the animation in tunisia and turkey, cyprus hotels are absolutely rubbish.
Sharon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 pm 
Master

Ah but did you meet up with Fivos? The Philosopher, pool attendant, security officer & bowling green supervisor. He even once told us to rub Zivania into our chest each day to ward off all sorts of things

Never did try it but admit he seems very fit at his age. We have stayed each year at the hotel for the past 12 years & our experience has always been good but admit if I was being overcharged then my opinion would change

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:05 pm 
Major

Location: A place to meet people with a common interest - as long as you all RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
I see that this hotel has a very nice beach bar/pool bar area. Does anyone know if this area is open to the public? It looks like they do accept cash as there is a till. The gardens look lovely.

Most users online was 189 on 24 Feb 2009, before I banned them and deleted their posts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:14 am 
Major

I think you will find that the hotel is not all inclusive so that is why there are tills. The garden was nit for public when I was there but I bet they would allow non residents to buy a drink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:29 pm 
Major

Location: A place to meet people with a common interest - as long as you all RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
Thanks

Most users online was 189 on 24 Feb 2009, before I banned them and deleted their posts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:30 pm 
Star

Jim Zanob wrote:
I see that this hotel has a very nice beach bar/pool bar area. Does anyone know if this area is open to the public? It looks like they do accept cash as there is a till. The gardens look lovely.

Jimz ... if you were so close to see that there is a till why didn't you go up to the till and order a drink?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:42 pm 
Major

I walked past the hotel very early one morning. It wasn't open, had shutters down. I guess it does not open until after breakfast.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body