Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:14 am 
Master

Stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks H/B in Jan 2012.
Rooms were nice with plenty of space and cleaned daily as were the towels also changed daily and toiletries replenished,food was excellent and well heated,nice English breakfast and good choice of evening meals and even served apple tart and custard quite often! Very friendly staff and excellent entertainment every night which included a Karaoke night that was hijacked by a certain member of this forum and his singing cronies as plants in the audience who thought they were anonymous taking up most of the singing slots which I thought was a bit unfair although I would have been the only hotel guest that actually new this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:07 am 
Rock Star

So?

Alan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Thanks for the info Highlander, have been a couple of times myself some years ago and enjoyed the Karaoke as well.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:04 pm 

Name them and shame them Highlander :lol:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:03 pm 
Master

emgeeb wrote:
So?

Alan

Why are you such a 'DICK HEAD' do us all a favor and crawl back under the stone you came out from !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:22 pm 
Regular

Highlander is obviously doing a hotel review on several hotels in Paphos.
However, the one on the Crown Resorts is outdated.

The hotel is old and worn out now. The main corridor serves as the lounge area and at
Christmas there were a few balloons sellotaped to the wall and no Christmas music playing.
The food was disgusting - there was no choice, the meat was dried up, the veg offered was
carrots and green beans only; there was no stuffing with the Christmas dinner. The deserts
were a disgrace. The restaurant was like a sauna it was so hot and the staff were miserable,
although working in those conditions, who can blame them.

The entertainment was a joke. Absolutely dreadful. What a total waste of money to stay at
this hotel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:41 pm 
Master

helpful herbie wrote:
Highlander is obviously doing a hotel review on several hotels in Paphos.
However, the one on the Crown Resorts is outdated.

The hotel is old and worn out now. The main corridor serves as the lounge area and at
Christmas there were a few balloons sellotaped to the wall and no Christmas music playing.
The food was disgusting - there was no choice, the meat was dried up, the veg offered was
carrots and green beans only; there was no stuffing with the Christmas dinner. The deserts
were a disgrace. The restaurant was like a sauna it was so hot and the staff were miserable,
although working in those conditions, who can blame them.

The entertainment was a joke. Absolutely dreadful. What a total waste of money to stay at
this hotel.

'Yes' you are correct my review of this particular hotel is almost 2 years old now,your bang up-to-date personal feedback is very much appreciated as it sadly shows just how much a once very popular hotel can fall by the wayside and go downhill so quickly!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:21 pm 
Rock Star

Highlander

You obviously had to much Haggis, neeps and tatties at Christmas not to realise that we are now into 2014 and therefore I fail to see the relevance in your posting which is based on a visit in 2012 and is completely out of date.

Alan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:59 pm 
Top of the pops

However it could be said that with the knowledge it is an old reviewing it allows other to comment on the current qualities of the property.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:22 pm 
Master

tanny wrote:
However it could be said that with the knowledge it is an old reviewing it allows other to comment on the current qualities of the property.

:goodpost :clap :clap :clap
Well said 'Tanny' never a truer word was spoken and how fitting when it has come from a 'True Scotsman' !!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:06 pm 
Master

emgeeb wrote:
Highlander

You obviously had to much Haggis, neeps and tatties at Christmas not to realise that we are now into 2014 and therefore I fail to see the relevance in your posting which is based on a visit in 2012 and is completely out of date.

Alan

Are You For Real Mate !!! I've never had the pleasure of dealing with such a 'NUMPTY' as you on the forum but as the saying goes 'Every Village Has It's Idiot' and Peyia certainly has one in you !!! Good Luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:33 am 
Rock Star

Highlander

What is the point in telling everyone what the Hotel was like 2 years ago? The Hotel has obviously deteriorated, but if we were to believe your review, it is still wonderful! Anyone reading your review and booking a holiday in the Hotel for Summer 2014, would be very disappointed.

Alan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:20 pm 
Graduate

I would like to echo the remarks made earlier by "Helpful Herbie". I stayed at the Crown Resort Horizon hotel for 5 days over last Christmas 2013. It was pretty dismal. The food was poor in my opinion, and repetative, with very small changes to the menu each day. The entertainment was perhaps the worst I have ever seen, anywhere. The restaurant staff were miserable and rude, with the exception of one waiter. There were 30 reported cases of a "stomach virus??" and 3 guests were hospitalized at the Paphos General. One being taken there by ambulance. The hotel manager repeatedly denied that is was food poisoning. I certainly wont be staying there again. I did stay there in 2007 and it was fantastic. Couldn't believe it was the same place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:08 pm 
Rock Star

Seems like I was right (again). Perhaps Highlander will apologise for his/her remarks about me.

Alan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:00 am 
Master

emgeeb wrote:
Seems like I was right (again). Perhaps Highlander will apologise for his/her remarks about me.

Alan

At the time I put up this posting it was the only one to date of this hotel which was better than nothing and as 'Tanny' rightly said "maybe it will now prompt other people to comment on it and add more updated info" and low and behold that is exactly what has happened, I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all the above posters for their valuable contributions to the post as I for one will never stay in this hotel again now, as i reiterated earlier isn't it shocking how rapidly a hotel can go down hill !!! :pow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:20 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
Anyone reading your review and booking a holiday in the Hotel for Summer 2014, would be very disappointed.

Disappointed about what specifically?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:35 am 

Topgun wrote:
Disappointed about what specifically?

Reading from the top of the thread often helps ;) but I'll simplify it for you....

Disappointed to think they were getting this:
Quote:
Rooms were nice with plenty of space and cleaned daily as were the towels also changed daily and toiletries replenished,food was excellent and well heated,nice English breakfast and good choice of evening meals and even served apple tart and custard quite often! Very friendly staff and excellent entertainment every night

But instead, finding they got this:
Quote:
I would like to echo the remarks made earlier by "Helpful Herbie". I stayed at the Crown Resort Horizon hotel for 5 days over last Christmas 2013. It was pretty dismal. The food was poor in my opinion, and repetative, with very small changes to the menu each day. The entertainment was perhaps the worst I have ever seen, anywhere. The restaurant staff were miserable and rude, with the exception of one waiter. There were 30 reported cases of a "stomach virus??" and 3 guests were hospitalized at the Paphos General. One being taken there by ambulance. The hotel manager repeatedly denied that is was food poisoning. I certainly wont be staying there again. I did stay there in 2007 and it was fantastic. Couldn't believe it was the same place.

Two very different reviews.... the first was from a couple of years or so ago and the second from Christmas 2013

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body