All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:12 pm 
Master

Stayed there 6/6/2012 for two weeks.

Not a 4* hotel in my eyes barely 3* perhaps. (rating) - 5/10

Centraly Located on the Tomb of Kings Road. (rating) - 9/10

Large clean rooms but a little dated. (rating) - 6/10

Towels changed daily no problem and bed sheets every 3 days. (rating) - 10/10

Evening food was ok but boring and choice of basic sweets was the same every night,breakfast was awful hot dog sausages and the french toast was removed on day 3 and replaced by what could only be described as bread & butter pudding to keep the 90% Russian guests happy i can only presume. (rating) - 1/10

Evening Entertainment was very poor with the exception of the Saturday Faker (Fire) show all profesionaly executed by the English lad Tony who doubled up as entertainments manager. (rating) - 10/10

Staff were friendly enough but needed prompting. (rating) - 5/10

Would I stay there again.............definately (NO)

P.S.....................Hotel was full of Russians who acted like they hadnt seen food for months as they all piled in at 7.30pm on the dot appearing from nowhere for their evening meal like a stampead of cattle heading straight for the sweet section first in case they missed out and thereafter onto the starter and main meal serveries,they also dont know what the word queue means and just push passed or into you.
Also we didnt have any hot water in the evening for 3 days and had to have a cold shower and 1 night there wasnt even any cold water as the whole system was defunked the problem was sorted out by day 4 but the damage had already been done to put another blight on our stay here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:40 pm 
Top of the pops

Not a great experience then? Lots of feedback regarding the Russians and their need to eat everything in sight before others can get a look in. Pity as the Russians we have met in the last few months have all been delightful people.
I guess the ones getting the bad publicity are the Russian version of the beer swilling Benidorm Brits of the 70's and 80's who all seem to have come to Cyprus.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 am 
Top of the pops

Stayed at the Avlida in 98 with many of the staff Russian.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 pm 

Tell me?

Have they still got those nearly naked painted statues of the ladies wearing fig leaves with their nipples painted that prominent pinky/brown colour near to the restaurant?

I had to go on a hotel inspection there some years ago and both me and my colleague had a very hard time trying to keep a straight face while we were being shown around. :crylaughin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm 
Top of the pops

CypruswithBabies wrote:
Tell me?

Have they still got those nearly naked painted statues of the ladies wearing fig leaves with their nipples painted that prominent pinky/brown colour near to the restaurant?

I had to go on a hotel inspection there some years ago and both me and my colleague had a very hard time trying to keep a straight face while we were being shown around. :crylaughin

I'll have look in April when we're over.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body