The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paphos Aloe Hotel Review
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:44 am 
Major

Aloe Hotel Paphos:
Stayed there several times.
The hotel is spacious in the public areas but is past its prime and desperately needs refurbishing and updating.
Staff are mostly helpful and polite.
There is entertainment at night in the bar,in the form of Kareoke and bingo,sometimes singers.
They do not believe in putting the air con on in the dining room and so is very humid sometimes, good food and varied, waiter service is a bit hit and miss and there seems to be an attitude some days.
Breakfast is badly organised with queuing for tea and coffee and soft drinks from machines, noisy waiters clattering plates and clearing tables close to diners.
On one of our stays we complained about a noisy room and the receptionist tried very hard to find us a quieter one but eventually we opted for the original,as the alternatives were noisier,one next to a lift where you could hear the lift motor all of the time, which was near the delivery entrance for hotel food and drink and so the noisy drivers woke us every morning at about 6:30am both by their vehicle noise and calling out at the top of their voices to each other.
We had noisy neighbours and they were very quick to sort this out,same with noise from the roof signs squeeking, in fact most maintainence issues dealt with quickly.
Rooms are small and not much space to hang your clothes,make-up mirror and shaving mirror in bathroom are inadequately lit.
Suffers, as all hotels do, with noisy slamming of room doors late nigh and early mornings. It should be possible to make a hotel room door that closes quietly! Hope all this helps.

Post subject: Re: Paphos Hotel Review
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 am 
Top of the pops

Having read that report I must ask ...... why do you stay there ?
Gary :doh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 am 

windowsxp10 wrote:
Aloe Hotel Paphos:
Stayed there several times.The hotel is spacious in the public areas but is past its prime and desperately needs refurbishing and updating.
Staff are mostly helpful and polite.
There is entertainment at night in the bar,in the form of Kareoke and bingo,sometimes singers.
They do not believe in putting the air con on in the dining room and so is very humid sometimes, good food and varied, waiter service is a bit hit and miss and there seems to be an attitude some days.
Breakfast is badly organised with queuing for tea and coffee and soft drinks from machines, noisy waiters clattering plates and clearing tables close to diners.
On one of our stays we complained about a noisy room and the receptionist tried very hard to find us a quieter one but eventually we opted for the original,as the alternatives were noisier,one next to a lift where you could hear the lift motor all of the time, which was near the delivery entrance for hotel food and drink and so the noisy drivers woke us every morning at about 6:30am both by their vehicle noise and calling out at the top of their voices to each other.
We had noisy neighbours and they were very quick to sort this out,same with noise from the roof signs squeeking, in fact most maintainence issues dealt with quickly.
Rooms are small and not much space to hang your clothes,make-up mirror and shaving mirror in bathroom are inadequately lit.
Suffers, as all hotels do, with noisy slamming of room doors late nigh and early mornings. It should be possible to make a hotel room door that closes quietly! Hope all this helps.

Must agree with Gary, you seem to be a glutton for punishment. "Stayed there several times!!" Why keep going back? :!:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:43 am 

Hi All

i have also stayed at the Aloe hotel several times and i would have to agree that it is in need of a update. but the reason i kept going back was that the pool area is fantastic and it is very close to the freindship bar which was the friendliest bar i have been in for a long time and the owner always remembers you when you come back

Gary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Hey, I stayed there too, about 5 years ago. The room was nice and the rest of the hotel was 3 star apart from the pool which was nice but we wouldn't set our alarm clock so didn't get to use it.
Fortunately the beach is just over the road. Don't know where the Friendship bar is but have used Yemens a lot.
Like I say more 3 star so we didn't go back !
Gary

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body