Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

The Paphos People Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:11 am 

Hi everyone,

We had the most beautiful Silver Tabby you've ever seen. So playful, so affectionate and loving. Sadly after having her one short week we returned to our apartment to find her struggling to breathe. After attempting mouth-to-mouth (which I'd learned on Newsround Circa. 1990) she finally passed away and my Fiancée and I were inconsolable. She was too young for her first injection and had a virus which could only have been combated with the nutrients and goodness from her mother's milk. Being an orphan she didn't have that luxury and we rest in the knowledge that in hindsight sadly, although she was highly unlikely to survive longer than she had, at least she had a week of love and affection and the two of us who loved her so much after such little time, were with her when she did pass and not simply found in the morning in the shelter with all the other kittens.

It's been a month now and we're ready to give it another go, so to speak.

Apologies in advance for having such exacting wants/needs when there's so many animals in need of a good home but on a purely selfish note, we're looking for the same breed as having looked at so many kittens since, none come close and I wouldn't want (me especially) to love the kitten any less than I could.

So with that in mind, I am looking for a female Silver Tabby kitten. Should anyone know of any which need re-homing, please could you let me know?

Thank you for your time and understanding with such a selfish plea.

Yours,
Adam
x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:53 am 
Top of the pops

Any of these any good https://sites.google.com/site/peyiaanim ... nd-kittens

Always better off having a kitten that has had the first injection, the same as a puppy as sooo many of them die after the parvo injection since they already have it and then the live virus that is injected into them just brings it out to the full illness which they more than likely would have ended up with in any case.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:33 am 
Master

Trish your link isn't working.

I think the Tala Monastery have kittens that need good homes. http://www.talamonasterycats.com/how%20to%20help.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:34 am 
Top of the pops

Sorry for you Adam - we have had 4 British Silver Tabs over the years. Very good matured and placid cats. However I would question if their coats are suitable for Cyprus and I hope that your apartment allows outside access for any cat you get.

We now have 2 Cyp cats - wild ones who chose us. Having tried both buying a kitten and allowing a young cat to choose us, the latter is far more suitable. Our cats were wild and about a year old, they don't have the regular injections as at their age it would probably be a waste of time and money and distress to the cat in taking them down to the vet. We don't put them in catteries either, as what right have we to put wild free spirited cats into prison for 3 weeks a year.

Attachment:
100A0956.JPG

Ginge taking a snooze - full of mouse and lizard :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:18 pm 

Candy wrote:
Any of these any good https://sites.google.com/site/peyiaanim ... nd-kittens

Always better off having a kitten that has had the first injection, the same as a puppy as sooo many of them die after the parvo injection since they already have it and then the live virus that is injected into them just brings it out to the full illness which they more than likely would have ended up with in any case.

This is the link you were trying to post, Trish
https://sites.google.com/site/peyiaanimalrescueclub/home/cats-and-kittens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:02 pm 

Thank you all so much, sincerely.

Trish, Rock Star and Columbia I will look at these links and see if we can find something.

Dave, I know what you mean about the coat but we loved how fluffy she was. Yes we have a very sizeable balcony and were planning on taking her for walks when she was old enough. Don't trust the drivers out here and have already had to take a full grown cat to the vets after find it outside our complex having met with a 4x4 and in such distress.

Dave I know exactly what you mean about letting the kitten choose you. That's how I've always picked pets over the years. We plan to put ourselves in a room full of Silver Tabbies given the chance!!! :bearhug

Candy I think it WAS Parvo which got her.

Thank you so much guys and I'll update how we get on!

Adam
x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:41 pm 
Top of the pops

I think I see the confusion :lol:

Silver Tabbies are a pedigree breed of cat. As pedigrees you buy them with a proven blood line. They do have quite thick coats. Here is a picture - not to be confused with the mackerel tabby or household tabby.

Attachment:
silver tab.jpeg

While not looking to be controversial, I don't agree with keeping cats in enclosed areas or taking them for walks on leads. Even domestic ones need to be wild sometimes. (I won't change your mind so am happy to disagree) :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:37 pm 
Top of the pops

If you decide one with hair may struggle in the heat then the alternatives are also cute. There is a few Sphynxes available.

This one is not for sale, but there is another available....

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:54 pm 
Top of the pops

Thanks Alison.

Oops didn't realise you wanted a pedigree kitty but wish you luck in finding her

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:25 pm 
Forum Admin

tanny wrote:
If you decide one with hair may struggle in the heat then the alternatives are also cute. There is a few Sphynxes available.

Dougie I am sorry to hear that your cat has been ill , how long has it been having
chemotherapy .. ?

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:38 pm 
Top of the pops

Youre such a horrible man, shes sitting here reading the posts with me and the tears are welling up in her eyes!!!

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:14 am 

tanny wrote:
Youre such a horrible man, shes sitting here reading the posts with me and the tears are welling up in her eyes!!!

Have I missed something? Who is a horrible man and how?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:21 am 

Polemi Dave wrote:
I think I see the confusion :lol:

Silver Tabbies are a pedigree breed of cat. As pedigrees you buy them with a proven blood line. They do have quite thick coats. Here is a picture - not to be confused with the mackerel tabby or household tabby.

Attachment:
silver tab.jpeg

While not looking to be controversial, I don't agree with keeping cats in enclosed areas or taking them for walks on leads. Even domestic ones need to be wild sometimes. (I won't change your mind so am happy to disagree) :lol:

I agree Dave and would be happy to let her out once she is old enough but in all honesty seeing the amount of hurt cats with the way they drive out here, I'd be a little concerned. I think it will be a suck it and see affair tho. Never say never.

This was our little Judy by the way:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:32 am 
Top of the pops

Looks lovely, but may I suggest you save the glasses from the laptop before they get grounded..

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:56 am 

tanny wrote:
Looks lovely, but may I suggest you save the glasses from the laptop before they get grounded..

Quite, Tanny. She did seem like she was going to be one of those cats. Very mischievous!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 pm 
Junior

tanny wrote:

I suppose someone has to love the ugly ones :crylaughin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:37 am 

kittykat wrote:
tanny wrote:

I suppose someone has to love the ugly ones :crylaughin

You've met Tanny then :smilielol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:45 pm 
Top of the pops

Oi! Oi!, thats a bit harsh on the cat...

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:55 pm 
Top of the pops

Maybe you can find a breeder who will sell you a silver tabby as I suppose you do know how valuable they are ?

There are hundreds of cute kittens crying out for a good home so why not settle for something to love that is not valuable?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:26 pm 

:agree Good post, Beverley.

We had Silver Tabbies back in UK. Lovely placid gentle cats - however, our ex-feral (my FFF - that's Fat Furry Friend in the winter and Furry Feline Friend currently :lol: ) is also very placid, lovely and gentle, with us but not with his prey :crylaughin

Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a previous life.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:15 pm 

Hi Adam

I work at the Malcolms Cat Sanctuary near Akrotiri, last week we had a mother and 5 kittens abandoned with us. The mother is a silver tabby and two kittens have been homed, but we have 3 kittens left two grey and on fuffy tabby silver hints. Also left two boys about 6/7 months again grey fluffy with silver hints beautiful cats. Look on our facebook.

Regards
Sue

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body