Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:44 am

The Paphos People Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:49 pm 
Major

HELP NEEDED TO SAVE 3 DOGS

I have just had a telephone conversation with a lady in Kathikas who is desperately trying to save 3 hunter-type dogs. She has the basis of a run on her property that she could keep them in until she can find them new homes but she needs some help in making it habitable and secure.

Are there any carpenters or handy-man types out there who would be willing to help her? She is also willing to do some work and she does have bits and pieces of timber around but would welcome more advice and manpower.
She will also need some panels of the very strong wire mesh, staples and perhaps some corrugated iron or something similarif anyone has anything suitable lying around. Please call Kayte on 97648568

Any donations of food such as dog meat, pasta, rice etc would also be very welcome.

thanks to everyone for looking

Sue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 am 
Major

Have received this update from Kayte:

Wonderful News a phone call last night was the offer of help in a carpenter from Peyeia:-)MATERIALS ARE WHAT WE NEED... I am desperately looking for wire panels.The old Hunting dog kennel in my orchard is a frame with no wire & door. I have plastic kennels I can put inside up on palettes. But I need a safe run at the front & a door/gate on it. Anyone have any spare unwanted wood or wire panels? We are feeding the dogs which are sleeping in the porch of a wonderful guy in the village who is trying to feed them.2 we cant catch quite yet,but one is OK but scared. I cooked up for them yesterday,with anything & everything out of my store,any offers of food will be welcomed:-) Pasta, or complete food as all 3 are quite young 1-2years.The Male is the biggest of the thinnest!! ANY OFFERS OF HELP PLEASE CALL ME ON 97648568 Anytime... I am in Arodes...MANY THANKS KAYTE

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body