Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am

The Paphos People Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:50 am 
Graduate

Yet another puppy found at the side of the road in Coral Bay again covered in ringworm which seems to be everywhere at the minute. I am so sorry but we have had 5 such referrals in 2 days. Believe me the last thing Parc want to do is say we cant help but this is simply awful. Really something must be done about these people who are throwing puppies out of vehicles and driving off leaving them alone and frightened. It is something I will discuss with the Municipality and the Police.
I only wish we had the resources to help but if we haven't got foster homes then they have to go to the shelters unless the person finding them is prepared to care for them until a home is found. I am sure people will wonder what use we are if we cant take them all in but believe me for everyone we cant help there are scores that we do help. We provide urgent treatment to sick and injured homeless animals, we provide veterinary care to those that we have in foster care and we trap, neuter and release over 300 cats every year. We also feed over 200 free cats in Peyia and Coral Bay each day. No we cannot help all the little ones but believe me we all do what we can. No one needs to tell me it is not enough because I, above everyone, knows that only too well. I would dearly love to do more and I feel absolutely dreadful when I cannot offer help. What do we need. More foster homes, some land where we can put shelters for cats, kittens and tiny puppies (the shelters in Paphos cope with the dogs and I know only too well we could not manage anything on this scale) and addition funds to meet the ever increasing cost of food and veterinary care. The Government have decided in their wisdom that they will no longer help with neutering cats. For the past few years they have given the animal welfare voluntary organisations a small annual donation but they are already saying it is unlikely to happen next year.
We will never be able to do enough but to save a little kitten and a puppy like these in our care at present does give us some satisfaction. Our sincere thanks to those who know how hard we work and how much we do achieve.

I have posted this on behalf of PARC and the fabulous Ruth (where I help and do what I can) ...a wonderful group of people doing all they can for the defenceless sick and abandoned animals here in Peyia and surronding areas.
Please if you could help with any of the above.
E MAIL [email protected] or Text 99961157
Thank you so much in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:58 am 
Top of the pops

:congrats :goodpost :heart

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:44 pm 
Graduate

Thank you so much for your support dear Trish x x x
Merry Christmas to you,would love to meet you one day x x x :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:34 pm 
Junior

i have so many animals myself to foster or take in more but i will be donating the whole proceeds of the Caring Canines dog show ( next october) to Parc..this will probably be in the area of 800 to 1000 euros...a drop in the ocean i know with all the costs it takes to keep going, but as they say.....every little helps......God bless you all for the fantastic work you do.....xxxx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:45 pm 
Graduate

Dear Paulakay,
That is wonderful news :) Bless you.
Thank You for Your Kind Words And Your Generousity.
Thank you for taking care of the animals in your home and doing your bit,very well done.
Merry Christmas x

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body