Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 pm

The Paphos People Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: URGENT APPEAL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:17 am 
Graduate

Found a chocolate brown puppy of about 4 weeks last night on the mainroad between Avdimou and Prastion.
Anybody lost it?????

It`s a big problem for us, cause we have 5 hunting dogs (last one rescued 4 months ago) and there is absolutely no chance to care for such a little one.
Please, please, can anybody take it at least as a foster family????
Try to find out the breed - NO hunting dog- We are absolutely overtaxed!![/size][/b]
It's such a cute little girl!!
Tel: Gisela 96667206

Post subject: Re: URGENT APPEAL
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 pm 
Graduate

Managed to make some photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/117704255881664002965/ThePuppy?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKrYieO7w_XGdg&feat=directlink

Please, who can give her a FOREVER HOME????? :heart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:25 pm 
Idol

She is gorgeous, those fluffy ears are amazing!!!

I hope someone offers her a home soon!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:17 pm 
Graduate

She is really sweet, no idea what breed it is, but.....it doesn't matter so much, does it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:44 pm 

There's 1 of the photos posted for you. Sorry that's the only way I can help.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:02 pm 
Top of the pops

OMG an absolute beauty, sorry can't take her as full at the moment. Have you asked Ruth at PARC or CYDRA to help, both are brilliant rehoming organisations who might be able to help find a home for you.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:27 pm 
Graduate

Asked last year during the hunting season and they could not help......

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:53 am 
Top of the pops

Am I missing something here. in one breath you are stating that it is only just found, and in another you are stating you tried last year, make your mind up please so we can concentrate on the ones that really need help and are desperate for love and care xx

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:42 am 
Top of the pops

Trish I think they meant that last year they found stray dogs as well. Beautiful dog, hope a new home is found soon.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:21 am 
Graduate

sorry, have to explain and sorry again cause it is a long story:
We are here for 4 years now, came with one dog.
6 months later we took a companion for her home from Sirius shelter during a day, we helped there.
Hardly one year later, friends urgently asked us for help with a doggie that was straying around their house in Lemba. Neighours hat started shooting at her because she plundered the dustbins around at night. It took us nearly 3 weaks to catch the half famished and terribly frightened thing. She had 6 shots in her body. The attempt to take her to Germany failed, cause they said, she looks like a Stafford mix.
Last November my husband found a small, of course also half famished little hunting dog on the motorway to Limassol.
In April we moved to Prastion. In July I found a -about 5 month old male dog on the road to our house. I'm quite sure I saw the car speeding away...... the puppy tried to follow this car on the road.
After putting meat on it's bones, getting him chipped and vaccinated, the family who got in touch with us after a lot of adverts - and who was ''crazy about him'', told us they changed their mind.......
One week ago my husband found this puppy, about 6 weeks old, again on the main road between Avdimou and Prastion.
Now there are six at the moment, found 3 within the last year!
Related to 2 of them and another 2, we saw in the fields last year during the hunting season I phoned and begged to shelters, but always got the answer: ''We are overcrowded, go to Paphiakos.''
I can absolutely understand the problem (!!) but what shall we do? I simply lost the hope to get help from a shelter or organisation, which are full with similar destinies.
Don't want to give this really small puppy to Paphiakos.
It still needs a lot of attention to have a chance to grow up to a happy family dog.
Many people say, we are crazy, but can't help it.
Just want a loving forever home for the innocent souls, that cannot help theirselves.
More than once, we thought about leaving the country - although it is my husband's home- cause it's so hard to stand the cruelty of the people.
Hope, you understand our situation better now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:12 pm 
Top of the pops

Thank you for explaining the situation. I just thought that you had asked over the same puppy, hence my query, but you obviously have good hearts and unfortunately you will be dumped on if someone knows you are taking them in. I know everyone is in the same boat at the moment, puppies being dumped everywhere, animals who obviously had a home at one time being left or abandoned. There is no harm in trying all the organisations again - have you tried PAWS, not sure if they are up to maximum, but worth a try, give the shelter a ring and explain the situation and state you cannot keep it as it is a stray.

I wish you luck :heart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 am 
Graduate

Thank you, we try everything.
Seems to be a shephard cross......as fit as a fiddle and very playfull!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body