Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 pm

The Paphos People Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:30 am 
Top of the pops

During the visit to Dr Aris yesterday (for dogs not me), he pointed out that the ownership booklets issued by The dogs home and another vet are NOT useable for travel purposes from the Island and that all dogs should have the blue covered European Pets Passport, especially for going to the UK.

Why in this case do some organisations issue documents which are inappropriate for the purpose which then (at a cost and hassle) need to be replaced?

Has anyone else experienced this? What documents do your animals travel on?

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:37 pm 
Idol

All animals are given a ''Health Book'' (white) in which vaccinations, worming etc. are recorded unless the owner requires a Pet Passport (blue) which enables the animal to be exported.
If there is a chance that you will want to return to the UK with your animal then the process of obtaining a Pet Passport should be started seven months before the animal is exported. All my dogs have a Pet Passport so that if I wish to export them at short notice they are ready to go.
If your animal is staying on the island then all you will need is a Health Book which is what a lot of the Cypriots have.
The only document your animal can travel to the UK on is the blue Pet Passport.

A Dog is for Life not Just for Cyprus.
(I wish more people would remember this)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:46 pm 
Top of the pops

I do not think any of the shelters give Pet Passport documents out and it is always just the local Health Book, although I might be wrong, but obviously these cost money and lots of people have no intention of leaving here, but circumstances change hence anyone who truly loves their dog should start the process as soon as possible (after 3 months with a puppy) and remember to keep the inoculations up regularly or the blood test results are no longer valid.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body