Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 am

The Paphos People Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Two Cats in Peyia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 pm 

Due to me being offered a job back in the UK, I'm sadly having to offer my two cats for adoption. I don't want any money at all - I'd rather know that they are in a safe and happy home.

One Male and one Female teens, both related that I've had since they were 3weeks old (now 7months old), both great characters and both very loveable - I'm very upset over having to do this, and would like to meet you before I agree to anything. They're great cats, amazing characters, and not got a mean temper - had them near toddlers, children and other animals!

They've got a litter tray, feeding bowls, collars and so on. I've still got a lot of litter, meat and biscuits left as well, so that'd be included as well.

please email me for more details.

Post subject: Re: Two Cats in Peyia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:32 pm 
Idol

Good luck in trying to rehome your two cats. If you have a picture of them that you can post on the forum it might just help.
There are so many cats looking for homes it is not easy!

A Dog is for Life not Just for Cyprus.
(I wish more people would remember this)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:56 pm 

The one on the left is the female (Gizzy), and the right is male (Leo)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:11 pm 
Rock Star

Could you not possibly consider taking them with you? There are so many cats looking for homes here as more and more people return to the UK. You might find that one of the animal charities could help you towards the cost of taking them back - just might be worth a try?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 am 
Star

Is it possible that the two cats have,nt been kept upto date re pet passporting?

I have no intention of leaving Cyprus for many years, BUT every year before the renewal date (thats very important) I get their rabies vaccination renewed and stamped in their passport so IF the worst happens they can go back to the UK without that long period of waiting time of between 6-8 months, IF an owner has,nt done this.

I also have put aside in the UK money to do take them back, in case of any unforeseen circumstances, I could,nt and would,nt leave without them and have also in the case of our demise got nieghbours to take them on. They may be animals, they may only be cats BUT they are 'family'.

Its important to renew every year no matter what your intentions it does,nt cost the earth just a couple of nights out in renewal costs,setting up a pet passport is more costly of course but unless you never intend to return to UK I think its essential to passport them. The UK is I think the only country that requires the rabies, other EU countries require the completed passport, my vet mentions it to all new pet owners :) . Mine were both rescue's too :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:20 pm 

Hi Bossy Boots - I'm trying to take them back with me, however, I haven't got the money at the moment to be able to afford the €1600 that I've been quoted to get them to the UK, and I don't have the time for the 6-7months that are needed to get the tests done.

People and Charities I've spoken to are also a bit reluctant to offer some help, as they say that a lot of people don't stay up with payments, or don't take them at the end of the time!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:35 pm 
Top of the pops

Ive had my Molly for 3 1/2 years, shes over 10 now and also, like many of us was a rescue cat. I have no intention of going back to the UK or anywhere else BUT If I had too there is NO way I would not take her with me where ever I went, some how I would find the cash from somewhere
There are so many cats here looking for good kind homes its an impossible situation. I hope they do find a kind person to take them from you. I can afford to look after my Molly but I've have to stop myself on many occasions from having any more, then I could not give them the care they need
Good Luck

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body