Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:23 pm 
Rock Star

The Israelis are at it again.

Palestinians are protesting on their side of the border and Israeli soldiers are firing live rounds at them. Seems three dead so far, plus injuries.

Why does the world let them do this?

"Palestinians in Gaza have marched in their thousands to the Israel border at the start of a six-week-long protest.

Palestinian officials say one farmer and one protester have been killed and dozens of demonstrators wounded by Israeli gunfire.

The Israeli military reported "rioting" at six places and said it was "firing towards main instigators".

Palestinians have pitched five camps near the border for the protest, dubbed the Great March of Return."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43593594

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:47 pm 
Rock Star

BBC News update now says 5 dead and 350 wounded - all Palestinian!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:36 pm 
Rock Star

Whatever the rights or wrongs of these riots, egged on by the terrorists, it won't change anything.
When the Palestinian Authority purges Gaza of these terrorists, then and only then, will peace
talks be possible and a two-state solution arrived at.
Whatever your views of the situation fact is that Israelis are shot at almost daily by
these terrorists, and I myself have lost a close friend killed by them.
We have a right to defend ourselves against these people, who are financed and armed by Iran.
Remember Iran has stated many times it wants to wipe Israel off the map.
I tell you what, if we go so will they! Iran knows what arms we have in reserve, and they have a bigger "bang" then anything they have.
Amos Issacs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:14 pm 
Rock Star

Exodus, it's not about the rights and wrongs of what you call riots, it's about Israel's illegal occupation of other people's land.

We have been down this road before and, sadly, you cannot accept that Israel are in the wrong.

According to the BBC, Israeli soldiers have now killed 8 people!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm 
Rock Star

Now 12 killed and 750 wounded. Why are they allowed to do this?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:58 pm 
Forum Admin

Effsie wrote:

Then they cry " THE WORLD HATES US " and they wonder why ?
its not the jews land ,give it back to the rightfull owners and maybe they will get respect ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:39 am 
Rock Star

Neil wrote:
Effsie wrote:

Then they cry " THE WORLD HATES US " and they wonder why ?
its not the jews land ,give it back to the rightfull owners and maybe they will get respect ..

Neil, are you seriously suggesting that the State Of Israel should no longer exist?
Post WWII and the Holocaust it was the British who more or less were instrumental in
Re-establishing the Jewish homeland.
Note the word "RE-ESTABLISHING".
We wish to live in peace with all our neighbours, but this is difficult with Iran vowing to destroy
us, and the Hamas terrorists in Gaza attacking us almost daily and forcing the ordinary
Palestinians to riot etc.
If you turn the clock back, where would you suggest we go?
Get real please,
Thank you,
Amos.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:39 am 
Forum Admin

Quote:
Neil, are you seriously suggesting that the State Of Israel should no longer exist?
Post WWII and the Holocaust it was the British who more or less were instrumental in
Re-establishing the Jewish homeland.
Note the word "RE-ESTABLISHING".
We wish to live in peace with all our neighbours, but this is difficult with Iran vowing to destroy
us, and the Hamas terrorists in Gaza attacking us almost daily and forcing the ordinary
Palestinians to riot etc.
If you turn the clock back, where would you suggest we go?
Get real please,
Thank you,
Amos.

You are saying things I never said ,,
they just need to give back what was agreed before they started kicking the arabs off there own land
building settelments on palastine land and slowly, slowly kicking them off there own land .
Now they even want to deport black jews from isreal , they are doing the exact same thing that hitler was doing to them
trying to create there own race in isreal .
the arabs will never let it happen and they will be at war with them forever.

Give them back there land and agree to a 2 state solution and iran will calm down..

just my opinion.

And today the UN security council is holding an emergency meeting after
several shootings of youngsters for throwing stones ... :doh :doh

https://www.rt.com/news/422830-gaza-protests-un-emergency-meeting/

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:52 am 
Rock Star

Reply to Neil:
I think you are commenting on the West Bank situation, rather than Gaza.
This thread and my posts are about the riots in Gaza; we have no settlements in Gaza.
Regards Iran you are being a super optimist. They have stated many times they wish
the destruction of the Jewish State, end of. Making clear no compromises.
Amos.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:28 am 
Rock Star

I think you are avoiding the issue.

Israel has unlawfully taken, and continues to take, land from the Palestinians and has oppressed them for decades.

Israel is very heavily weaponised and is more than happy to shoot children and innocent civilians, hiding behind its "special relationship" with the USA to ensure that it doesn't get punished.

As Neil says, they need to give the land back and get rid of the settlements, then the whole region can start the process towards peace.

You need to accept that the Israelis are the bad guys and stop trying to blame everyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:14 pm 
Rock Star

Effsie wrote:
I think you are avoiding the issue.

Israel has unlawfully taken, and continues to take, land from the Palestinians and has oppressed them for decades.

Israel is very heavily weaponised and is more than happy to shoot children and innocent civilians, hiding behind its "special relationship" with the USA to ensure that it doesn't get punished.

As Neil says, they need to give the land back and get rid of the settlements, then the whole region can start the process towards peace.

You need to accept that the Israelis are the bad guys and stop trying to blame everyone else.

Never heard such rubbish.
These children etc you talk about are the ones doing the dirty work for Hamas, who are in full control of them in Gaza.
Our people are attacked by RPGs etc from Gaza almost daily. Until we built the wall we were attacked by suicide bombers as young as 12.
How would YOU feel if attacked daily like that?
And what land are you saying, exactly, you think we should give away?
Do YOU agree we have a right to exist as Israel, or not? Y/N?
I am not avoiding ANY issues, but we are not prepared to even contemplate negotiating with
terrorists like Hamas. Would you? Y/N?
Amos.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:48 pm 
Rock Star

Well, you expect them to negotiate with trigger happy killers like the Israelis.

The fact that you consider my comments rubbish just show that you refuse to accept the appalling way that the Israelis behave.

Neil made the comment that the Israelis are behaving the same way that Hitler did and, sadly, I believe that he is correct.

As I have and others have said, if Israel stopped building on land that isn't theirs and in contravention of international law, and gave back the land they have taken (you know exactly what land we are talking about, so please don't insult us all by pretending that you don't) perhaps the Palestinians wouldn't feel so aggrieved.

As I have said previously, you refuse to recognise the appalling behaviour and random killing by the Israelis. Until you do, there isn't going to be a lot of sympathy for you!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:36 pm 
Rock Star

Effsie wrote:
Well, you expect them to negotiate with trigger happy killers like the Israelis.

The fact that you consider my comments rubbish just show that you refuse to accept the appalling way that the Israelis behave.

Neil made the comment that the Israelis are behaving the same way that Hitler did and, sadly, I believe that he is correct.

As I have and others have said, if Israel stopped building on land that isn't theirs and in contravention of international law, and gave back the land they have taken (you know exactly what land we are talking about, so please don't insult us all by pretending that you don't) perhaps the Palestinians wouldn't feel so aggrieved.

As I have said previously, you refuse to recognise the appalling behaviour and random killing by the Israelis. Until you do, there isn't going to be a lot of sympathy for you!

Look the Israeli defence forces have purely being defending themselves and civilians against
unprovoked attacks from Hamas terrorists, and those Palestinians they "control".
"control" means "do as we say or you will not get any food and we might kill your family".
Any killings by Israeli forces has been to defend themselves, the public, and our country.
Hamas declared war on us, you expect us to negotiate with such animals?
You did not answer my questions, clearly because you view events thru rose-tinted spectacles, OR you are just anti-semitic.
To compare what my fellow countrymen are having to do to defend themselves and their families
with Hitler is just very offensive.
Amos.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 pm 
Rock Star

Sorry, but you ignoring the random killing of children and civilians by IDF and refusing to accept that Israel has occupied land that is not theirs is also offensive.

Plus you have lost any credibility that you might have had by trying to play the anti-semitism card.

It is pointless trying to discuss this with you as you cannot accept that Israel have done any wrong.

As an aside you claim that "any killings by Israeli forces has been to defend themselves, the public, and our country." Shall we discuss the children shot dead on the beach a few years back, or the Turkish citizens on the boat trying to deliver aid, or maybe the hospitals that were bombed?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:15 pm 
Rock Star

Effsie wrote:
Sorry, but you ignoring the random killing of children and civilians by IDF and refusing to accept that Israel has occupied land that is not theirs is also offensive.

Plus you have lost any credibility that you might have had by trying to play the anti-semitism card.

It is pointless trying to discuss this with you as you cannot accept that Israel have done any wrong.

As an aside you claim that "any killings by Israeli forces has been to defend themselves, the public, and our country." Shall we discuss the children shot dead on the beach a few years back, or the Turkish citizens on the boat trying to deliver aid, or maybe the hospitals that were bombed?

How come you never criticise the Hamas terrorists Effsie?
I have said all along (check my previous posts) that there have been faults on both sides, that both sides have blood on their hands.
The Palestinian Authority do not control Gaza, Hamas do, this is the underlying problem today.
The West Bank is another story of course, not to be confused with Gaza.
Amos.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:09 pm 
Top of the pops

exodus wrote:
The West Bank is another story of course, not to be confused with Gaza.
Amos.

Amos, you are carefully avoid mentioning Golan Heights territory... Why ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Quote:
where would you suggest we go?
clearly Zygi.

Live your dreams.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body