Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cynical withdrawal
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:28 pm 
Rock Star

Am I being cynical - Diane Abbott, the shadow home secretary, is to step down for a period from her role due to ill health, Jeremy Corbyn, has said. The shadow policing minister, Lyn Brown, will stand in.
If she is ill fair enough, but has she been moved aside because she is a disaster and a massive liability.

Post subject: Re: Cynical withdrawal
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:41 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Am I being cynical - Diane Abbott, the shadow home secretary, is to step down for a period from her role due to ill health, Jeremy Corbyn, has said. The shadow policing minister, Lyn Brown, will stand in.
If she is ill fair enough, but has she been moved aside because she is a disaster and a massive liability.

Lyn Brown ..... The MP who roughly pushed aside a blind reporter in Portcullis House ! :doh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:43 pm 
Regular

Incredible isn't it- she makes as much sense as a braying jackass in a stupid wig and when anyone points this glaringly obvious fact out people cry racist :roll: To think she could hold any office in any government is just beyond belief.

She ducked the Brexit vote as well claiming a migraine, whilst other MP's undergoing cancer treatment managed to make it. She's a complete waste of space and human organs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:44 pm 
Rock Star

A pity Boris wouldn't do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:52 pm 

She reported she hopes to be back by the 35th August :smilielol

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:16 pm 
Regular

lowvoltage wrote:

Yes, you are!!

"If she is ill fair enough" . That is good of you.

Just keep praying that you stay in good health for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:40 pm 
Idol

artlin wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

Yes, you are!!

"If she is ill fair enough" . That is good of you.

Just keep praying that you stay in good health for the foreseeable future.

Sick my a.rse - Corbyn's come to his senses (for the first time) and kicked her into the long grass until the election's over just to keep her mouth shut.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:43 pm 
Top of the pops

See my comments under the other thread "vote for me".
Very poor show having a go at Diane Abbot without knowing the facts!
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:47 pm 
Rock Star

Artlin no need for those comments, no I am not in good health I am disabled and live on serious medication.

If you read the post if she is ill fair enough and then she has my sympathy, personally if you read everyone else's replies they echo what I have said she has been taken out of the firing line because she was screwing up right left and centre, so have a go at them as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:57 pm 
Regular

geoffreys wrote:
See my comments under the other thread "vote for me".
Very poor show having a go at Diane Abbot without knowing the facts!
Geoff.

Agreed, Geoff. Very poor show indeed from everyone.

Cynical, yes. Condescending, yes.

If, as you say Lowvoltage, that you yourself are in poor health, then I cannot fathom why you would want to start this thread in the first place. Unless, of course, it was just to score a cheap point. Only you would know the answer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:16 pm 
Rock Star

Artlin, It is ok to disagree that is your prerogative as it is a free forum, but to sling disparaging remarks at me is out of order.

I do not mind you disagreeing with what I have said that is free speech and democracy but do it politely and constructively, I have never attacked you in the manner you have with me, if you want me to then no problem I can do that, I was taught by experts.
Now my post
I stand by what I said this is a genuine post the timing of her withdrawal stinks, there are many people on here agree with me to name just a couple, MAD, SFD, Coys, now if you disagree with them no problem tell them as well, do not single me out.
Finally if you have a genuine issue with this post then report me to the moderators as is your right, also Geoff bit surprised at you weighing in after what Ii have done for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:25 pm 
Regular

The election is tomorrow and she has been a liability throughout the entire campaign- she didn't even have to do anything today or tomorrow and she didn't even have to appear on the latest car crash TV interview where it was clear she knew nothing about her alleged remit as Shadow Home Secretary

Play the sick card and play the racist card and hope the incompetence factor doesn't comes into play tomorrow is the reasoning behind this and if you can't see that you don't know your arm-pit from your elbow

I defended Corbyn over his misrepresented shoot to kill statements, but you can't defend this piece of blatant chicanery unless you have a vested interest. To replace her with someone who resigned from the Shadow Cabinet because she thought Corbyn was an incompetent idiot says it all :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:35 pm 
Rock Star

If you read what Ilex has said he is bang on, also if you read and listen to the interview with Barry Gardiner (Labour) they are trying to spin it that it is a long term illness.
Q1 Long term illness why was it not spotted before when she did the police interview.
Q2 If the lady is ill why was she not pulled sooner to protect her from embarrassment
Q3 At what point did Labour realise she was ill, because does health & safety and personal welfare not play a part here.
Q4 Would you trust Labour if they treat5 their own this way what would they do to the working masses.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 pm 
Star

Don't worry,no probs,the tories will get in tomorrow,and we,ll live again.Sorry Argentina and Mr Putin. :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 pm 
Regular

Good post Lowvoltage. I have never liked Diane Abbot or her politics but having watched her last few interviews and the way she was walking the other day I really do believe that she has a serious illness and until we know differently I don't think she should be fair game for disparaging remarks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:03 am 
Star

A bit late to tell her to withdraw, she has already done the damage, so she may well be ill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:59 am 
Idol

I just came across this article on a group page I sometimes pop in to....

Take the time to read it, it may give you a bit of food for thought. No, it's not a recipe:

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/06 ... t-content/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:10 pm 
Regular

Lowvoltage, seriously, are you for real?

You started the thread, do you recall that?

Implying that Dianne Abbot is faking an illness, without any kind of evidence, simply liabling the lady without any cause whatsoever.

Then, you get upset because someone disagrees and dislikes your comments.

Unbelievable.

Maybe, just maybe, if you were to start less threads than you currently do, maybe people would take your comments a bit more seriously.

As it is, your initial post aways comes over as if you are inviting controversy, so that you can sit back with a smug grin and watch others argue.

As for me, well, the "foe" option is my friend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:19 pm 
Regular

lowvoltage wrote:
If you read what Ilex has said he is bang on, also if you read and listen to the interview with Barry Gardiner (Labour) they are trying to spin it that it is a long term illness.
Q1 Long term illness why was it not spotted before when she did the police interview.
Q2 If the lady is ill why was she not pulled sooner to protect her from embarrassment
Q3 At what point did Labour realise she was ill, because does health & safety and personal welfare not play a part here.
Q4 Would you trust Labour if they treat5 their own this way what would they do to the working masses.

Who are these questions aimed at? Barry Gardiner? PaphosPeople? How can anyone answer such nonsense?

Why should LABOUR realise she was ill?

Q4, I really think that you have lost the plot, old timer!! Is that supposed to be a serious comment? You are making yourself look ridiculous.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:46 pm 
Rock Star

Artlin. What is your major malfunction did mother not breast feed you as a baby.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:53 pm 
Regular

If she is ill then Corbyn effectively "sacking" her now without even consulting her is the most outrageous aspect of the whole affair :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 pm 
Top of the pops

Ilex wrote:
If she is ill then Corbyn effectively "sacking" her now without even consulting her is the most outrageous aspect of the whole affair :roll:

I agree with your post, although I do not like her 'train of thought and policies' at all.
She has turned out to vote this morning, although she doesn't look A1, health-wise.
I think her appointment was way above her capabilities and the subsequent 'gaffs', and comments on them, have taken their toll on her mental health, no matter if she has any physical infirmity as well.
There is a tenet .... "Duty of care" .... which applies to employers. As her superior, Corbyn was remiss in following that, in her case !
I could notice her change in demeanour over the past couple of month's interviews, at least.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:18 pm 
Some people will believe anything.....She was pulled from the campaign because she was clueless and shown up for the clown she is...she has history for feigning illness...in fact the day she skipped the TV debate..she was later photographed out on the Tube....Fairytales R us

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:25 pm 
Regular

I'm not a fan of her's either, but she and Corbyn go back a long way and she stuck by him when pretty much everyone else was leaving him stranded.

If he put her in a job she was not capable of doing (for whatever reason) and watched her stagger from disaster to disaster before unceremonious dumping her as some sort of damage limitation exercise (as this most surely was) then there is only one villain in that piece (and it's not anyone on this or any other website)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:35 pm 
Regular

lowvoltage wrote:
Artlin. What is your major malfunction did mother not breast feed you as a baby.

Disparaging remarks, Lv? Well I never. I thought that it was wrong to make personal attacks.

Oooooo, you are so scarey.

BTW, do you have something against grammar?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:31 pm 

ARTLIN

You have a PM!!!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:52 pm 
Rock Star

Wow all this fighting and no Bassman involved. :pow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:56 pm 
Rock Star

Uncle D wrote:
A bit late to tell her to withdraw, she has already done the damage, so she may well be ill

Judging by the comments going around about her regarding her conduct during the last few the months makes you wonder how many votes she lost for Labour.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body