Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brexit plans disclosed!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:43 am 
Rock Star

Teresa May to confirm on Tuesday that we will not be a part of the Single Market or Customs Union. " It will be a clean Brexit"
It is anticipated that the Pound will fall further due to this disclosure so brace yourselves!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:46 am 
Forum Admin

Bossy Boots wrote:
Teresa May to confirm on Tuesday that we will not be a part of the Single Market or Customs Union. " It will be a clean Brexit"
It is anticipated that the Pound will fall further due to this disclosure so brace yourselves!

where did you get this ? :greetings

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:53 am 
Rock Star

On the tv news Neil! This apparently is what has been disclosed from her speech on Tuesday. It also states that Britain WILL regain Border Control.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:56 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
It also states that Britain WILL regain Border Control.

Every journey starts with the first step.... :england

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:00 am 
Star

Bossy Boots wrote:
On the tv news Neil! This apparently is what has been disclosed from her speech on Tuesday. It also states that Britain WILL regain Border Control.

Does that mean we will have to start showing our passports when we enter the UK again? ;)

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:04 am 
Rock Star

Jim B wrote:
Bossy Boots wrote:

Does that mean we will have to start showing our passports when we enter the UK again? ;)

Jim

I did wonder what all the queues were all about and what those big signs saying UK BORDER CONTROL meant.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:13 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
I did wonder what all the queues were all about and what those big signs saying UK BORDER CONTROL meant.

Maybe someone is about to occupy them & exert some - starting with weeding out foreign career criminals & rapists?

Too much to hope for, probably some obscure human rights issues the lefty-luvvies will latch onto to preclude action.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:20 am 
Star

The authority has always been there to weed out undesirables; nothing to do with Left Wing Luvvies, more to do with leadership and direction which until recently was under the watch of (you've guessed it) Theresa May.

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:27 am 
Top of the pops

Please don't worry you pensioners who voted Brexit. A diamond hard brexit won't tank the value of the pound, your free heath cover will continue as before. You won't have to start renewing your immigration permit annually or buy private health insurance. Inflation in the UK won't happen it is just a conspiracy theory.

In fact guys there are no downsides to Brexit and everything is going to be just "perfect". :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:11 am 

It is quoted that Prime Minister May said She will urge the UK to leave behind words such as "Leaver and Remainer and all the accompanying insults and unite to make a success of Brexit and build a truly global Britain".

I think she mistakenly missed out the words “and PP” after UK :lol:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:45 am 
Rock Star

OK as I write this the Mid Market rate is 1.135 so what do you think it is going to do after Teresa Mays speech today?
Are we going to hear more that might result in more stability or is the Market going to be even more skittish after?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:10 am 
Top of the pops

:celeb2
Bossy Boots wrote:
OK as I write this the Mid Market rate is 1.135 so what do you think it is going to do after Teresa Mays speech today?
Are we going to hear more that might result in more stability or is the Market going to be even more skittish after?

We can watch on BBC News or Sky News at 11.45 GMT to see the Speech .... live.
Maybe, it could stop some of the arguments put forward for options !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:01 pm 
Top of the pops

Jim B wrote:
Bossy Boots wrote:

Jim

Probably yes, is that a problem to you? Pre-EU we always had to do that, it was never a problem as I recall.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:21 pm 
Star

Geoffrey's

It was meant to be tongue in cheek as the UK has always had control of it's borders contrary to the belief of many; it's just that Theresa May didn't make a very good job of it when she was Home Secretary.

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 pm 
Top of the pops

I know there's a smiley, but even so it went completely over my head, and I'm thinking so why do I have to show passports, court orders, SS permissions etc etc every time we come over!!!

:doh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:58 pm 
Rock Star

geoffreys wrote:
Jim B wrote:
Bossy Boots wrote:

Jim

Probably yes, is that a problem to you? Pre-EU we always had to do that, it was never a problem as I recall.
Geoff.

Geoff, have you not travelled out of Cyprus post EU? Of course you have to show your passport when leaving Cyprus and then show it again at UK Border Control.

Do not think that the UK will look at the cover of your passport and let you in with a wink and a nod ... passports are scanned at UK Border Control ... to identify undesirables

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 pm 
Star

George wrote:
I know there's a smiley, but even so it went completely over my head, and I'm thinking so why do I have to show passports, court orders, SS permissions etc etc every time we come over!!!

:doh

Jacs

BB posted about getting back control of the UK Borders but there has always been control of the Borders that's why we all have to show our documentation when we enter the UK. The problem is that the Border Control don't do a very good job of it (for one reason or another) and all kinds of undesirables from both inside and outside the EU enter the UK. Theresa May's brief when she was Home Secretary for six years was to reduce Immigration from both inside and outside the EU and she was a total failure on both counts; now she is Prime Minister; frightening.

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:24 pm 
Major

Bossy Boots wrote:

Up to 1.16 now...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:09 pm 
Star

Bossy Boots wrote:

As David said the exchange rate has gone up since the speech .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:43 pm 
Rock Star

Number6 wrote:
Bossy Boots wrote:

As David said the exchange rate has gone up since the speech .

Well thanks for clarifying that we can trust David's veracity.

Do you have any theory has to why the £ jumped to 1.16?

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body