Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:14 am 
Master

For those UK citizens who love the EU and wish to remain, here are some suggestions and comments to achieve this goal. Good luck to you!

One. Apply for Belgian nationality. When granted, write to your assigned UK Inland Revenue office and ask for your National Insurance forms, Income Tax, OAP and Benefits documents to be stamped "EU Citizen." Thereby opting out of the UK system entirely, and requesting these documents be transferred to the appropriate EU office(s) in Brussels. For those in Cyprus, don't forget to take out Cypriot Citizenship if you have been a permanent resident in Cyprus for more than five years, applies to Malta as well. Now you have retained membership of the EU – but very fortunate that you will reside freely in a democratic UK but, subject to many EU terms and conditions. Nice. Oh, yes, you will be issued with an EU Birth Certificate and a passport with no reference to the UK, other than where you were born.

Two. Without the membership of the UK, the EU is forging ahead with "integration" which really means dictatorship without any vote or referendums, naturally it’s the EU! This means the mass transfer of wealth from the richer EU countries to the poorer ones. There will be soon "one size fits all" EU-wide old age pensions; don't knock it yet, they might be better than the UK one! Don't think so; Greece comes to mind; 60% reduction in their OAP.

Three. With the rapidly failing Euro, the EU will have to raise taxation of all kinds in order to try and save the doomed Eurozone. Following the USSR model, and in keeping with its "one size fits all belief," EU-wide salaries, banded according to your level of education, work or profession, will eventually replace personal taxation. This means that the EU pays you your salary with no deductions; they've already taken those, but it does mean you don't have to pay income tax. Didn't work in the Soviet Union and won't work in the EU but that will not stop them doing it. Mortgages will be a thing of the past for the majority of the EU rent and owning property is seen as very Anglo Saxon and will not be tolerated. The EU commissioners will of course buy and keep lovely little Dacha's hidden away for their wonderfully paid retirements.

Four. Your children and/or grandchildren, if they follow your example and are not registered as British at birth, will love you forever for you have now including them for eligibility for conscription into the new EU Army, Sweden is already considering it. Being an old soldier myself, I have to applaud Sweden for this.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.as ... el=6002750

However the new EU Army will not, I am assured, be used to repress their own citizens who have the temerity to challenge the Commission's diktats. So with Brexit there is no possibility in the future of German or French soldiers suppressing delinquent UK citizens, where a certain moustachioed German dictator and a French corporal didn't make it.

Five. Being EU registered with an ID card, you will have no choice should you be arrested by the state police to be held and tried under the EU's Napoleonic Law. Read up on it and you will immediately wish you retained the benefits of the British legal system that the rest of the free English speaking peoples enjoy.

As placards said in the UK during the Brexit campaign – WE LOVE THE EU. Fortunately the majority of us democratically voted to leave before the whole edifice crumbles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:26 am 
Top of the pops

:uk :agree Clive of Payia .....Perfect analysis !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:48 am 
Rock Star

With the rapidly failing Euro
Don't you mean the rapidly falling pound?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:39 am 
Rock Star

Yawn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:39 am 
Rock Star

Don't do it !!!!!!!
That despicable war criminal, the one who let 2 millions immigrants into the already overstretched UK, what is his name? You know....made millions of pounds after he resigned, caused the needless deaths of hundreds of military personnel and thousands of civilians, got a property tycoon witch of a wife, what is his name...Oh yes Tony Scumbag Blair.
Well, he has stated he may possibly return to mainstream UK politics, so of course he will go against the wishes of the majority of those who voted out and stay in the cesspit - sorry the EU for ever and ever amen. (Said that because he is a good Catholic and is working for charity at the moment, I understand, at least charity that can pay him anyways)
Just to rescue the Labour Party from the loony left wingers who have once again taken it over and are dragging it back to the 60s and 70s, he says.
So all will be well.
Just hang on for a while. :crazydance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:53 am 
Top of the pops

outasite wrote:
Don't do it !!!!!!!
That despicable war criminal, the one who let 2 millions immigrants into the already overstretched UK, what is his name? You know....made millions of pounds after he resigned, caused the needless deaths of hundreds of military personnel and thousands of civilians, got a property tycoon witch of a wife, what is his name...Oh yes Tony Scumbag Blair.
Well, he has stated he may possibly return to mainstream UK politics, so of course he will go against the wishes of the majority of those who voted out and stay in the cesspit - sorry the EU for ever and ever amen. (Said that because he is a good Catholic and is working for charity at the moment, I understand, at least charity that can pay him anyways)
Just to rescue the Labour Party from the loony left wingers who have once again taken it over and are dragging it back to the 60s and 70s, he says.
So all will be well.
Just hang on for a while. :crazydance

Waiting for KP's reply ? ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:02 pm 
Rock Star

zzzzzzz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:11 pm 
Top of the pops

kato paphos wrote:
zzzzzzz

9 minutes ! Evidently not enough 'thinking time'.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:30 pm 
Master

clive of payia wrote:
For those UK citizens who love the EU and wish to remain, here are some suggestions and comments to achieve this goal. Good luck to you!

One. Apply for Belgian nationality. When granted, write to your assigned UK Inland Revenue office and ask for your National Insurance forms, Income Tax, OAP and Benefits documents to be stamped "EU Citizen." Thereby opting out of the UK system entirely, and requesting these documents be transferred to the appropriate EU office(s) in Brussels. For those in Cyprus, don't forget to take out Cypriot Citizenship if you have been a permanent resident in Cyprus for more than five years, applies to Malta as well. Now you have retained membership of the EU – but very fortunate that you will reside freely in a democratic UK but, subject to many EU terms and conditions. Nice. Oh, yes, you will be issued with an EU Birth Certificate and a passport with no reference to the UK, other than where you were born.

Two. Without the membership of the UK, the EU is forging ahead with "integration" which really means dictatorship without any vote or referendums, naturally it’s the EU! This means the mass transfer of wealth from the richer EU countries to the poorer ones. There will be soon "one size fits all" EU-wide old age pensions; don't knock it yet, they might be better than the UK one! Don't think so; Greece comes to mind; 60% reduction in their OAP.

Three. With the rapidly failing Euro, the EU will have to raise taxation of all kinds in order to try and save the doomed Eurozone. Following the USSR model, and in keeping with its "one size fits all belief," EU-wide salaries, banded according to your level of education, work or profession, will eventually replace personal taxation. This means that the EU pays you your salary with no deductions; they've already taken those, but it does mean you don't have to pay income tax. Didn't work in the Soviet Union and won't work in the EU but that will not stop them doing it. Mortgages will be a thing of the past for the majority of the EU rent and owning property is seen as very Anglo Saxon and will not be tolerated. The EU commissioners will of course buy and keep lovely little Dacha's hidden away for their wonderfully paid retirements.

Four. Your children and/or grandchildren, if they follow your example and are not registered as British at birth, will love you forever for you have now including them for eligibility for conscription into the new EU Army, Sweden is already considering it. Being an old soldier myself, I have to applaud Sweden for this.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.as ... el=6002750

However the new EU Army will not, I am assured, be used to repress their own citizens who have the temerity to challenge the Commission's diktats. So with Brexit there is no possibility in the future of German or French soldiers suppressing delinquent UK citizens, where a certain moustachioed German dictator and a French corporal didn't make it.

Five. Being EU registered with an ID card, you will have no choice should you be arrested by the state police to be held and tried under the EU's Napoleonic Law. Read up on it and you will immediately wish you retained the benefits of the British legal system that the rest of the free English speaking peoples enjoy.

As placards said in the UK during the Brexit campaign – WE LOVE THE EU. Fortunately the majority of us democratically voted to leave before the whole edifice crumbles.

yawnn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:39 pm 
Star

So, it's no longer going to be Clive of Peyia anymore...maybe Clive of Padstow? Or Putney...or Paignton even.... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:49 pm 
Top of the pops

Lynsab wrote:
So, it's no longer going to be Clive of Peyia anymore...maybe Clive of Padstow? Or Putney...or Paignton even.... ;)

Where did you read that Clive was going to relocate ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:06 pm 
Idol

One would assume so after all that research, SFD ;)

As for me and which country I was born in really wasn't my choice was it? I don't feel the love of saying "I'm proud to be British" either. It doesn't bother me one way or the other but the more I see and hear the comments against immigrants leaves a bad taste in my mouth as a British citizen.

I was an immigrant in Cyprus for 12yrs and felt safe and secure. Wondering how long that feeling will stay after Brexit?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:55 pm 
Master

All I have relocated back to the UK is my hard-earned savings and pensions and I urgently suggest others consider doing the same.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:04 pm 
Rock Star

As I live in the UK, I have all of my savings (by that I mean deposit/current accounts earning between 1.5%-6%) in a number of UK bank/building society accounts, and investments (UK equities, unit trusts and pensions) held directly in my name or with various providers.

I just wondering, if it is easy to relocate savings and pensions back to the UK, what was the reason for moving them to Cyprus in the first instance? Was it ever possible to get a better rate of return in Cyprus than you could in the UK?

If I had £100,000 spare cash say, to put into a deposit account, or invest, where could I find a home for it in Cyprus?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:34 pm 
Master

When we came out in 2002 you did indeed get a better rate of interest than the UK but declined after the Haircut. I send all our savings and pensions back to the UK along with others as so many belief that the Euro is now doomed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:04 pm 
Rock Star

clive of payia wrote:
When we came out in 2002 you did indeed get a better rate of interest than the UK but declined after the Haircut. I send all our savings and pensions back to the UK along with others as so many belief that the Euro is now doomed.

Having worked in central London for 30 years, hardly a day when by when I didn't see some one with a board on his back proclaiming "The End of The World is Nigh". Call me unforgiving if you like, but I thought every one of them was a nutter. I haven't been proved wrong so far.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:39 am 
Top of the pops

kato paphos wrote:
As I live in the UK, I have all of my savings (by that I mean deposit/current accounts earning between 1.5%-6%) in a number of UK bank/building society accounts, and investments (UK equities, unit trusts and pensions) held directly in my name or with various providers.

I just wondering, if it is easy to relocate savings and pensions back to the UK, what was the reason for moving them to Cyprus in the first instance? Was it ever possible to get a better rate of return in Cyprus than you could in the UK?

If I had £100,000 spare cash say, to put into a deposit account, or invest, where could I find a home for it in Cyprus?

Savings account with Credit West in the TRNC pays 7%.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:54 pm 
Master

Kato Paphos. In the 80's we were being told that the second superpower, the USSR, would eventually collapse. It was poo-poo'd by the experts but it happened virtually overnight. The state coffers were looted and secretly deposited "who-knows-where."

Good heavens even Goldman Sachs, the arch-manipulators of the flawed Euro predict its demise within five years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:09 pm 
Rock Star

clive of payia wrote:
Kato Paphos. In the 80's we were being told that the second superpower, the USSR, would eventually collapse. It was poo-poo'd by the experts but it happened virtually overnight. The state coffers were looted and secretly deposited "who-knows-where."

Good heavens even Goldman Sachs, the arch-manipulators of the flawed Euro predict its demise within five years.

Well, if that is the case, it seems very short sighted of Goldman Sachs to be thinking about re-locating from London to Frankfurt ....

"Banks including Goldman Sachs are considering relocating some operations away from London, as Frankfurt is seen dialing up its attempt to attract financial services firms to the city.

Goldman Sachs is drawing up plans to potentially transfer around 2,000 employees to a rival European city should the U.K. lose its passporting rights, British newspaper The Sunday Times reported this weekend.

These rights allow seamless cross-border business to take place – a benefit of being a member of the European Union single market. Maintaining these passporting privileges, or a near-equivalent, are seen as critical to the City of London retaining its financial services supremacy.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/10/goldman- ... xodus.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Every now and again Clive's head rises above the parapet, spouts some anti-EU rant, and then disappears again.

I don't think he ever posts anything positive about anything. Poor Clive.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body