PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:03 pm 
Top of the pops

CyprusGrump wrote:

Was she one of Blair's "babes"??
Geoff.

Post subject: Re: Oh, How I Larfed!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:33 pm 
Rock Star

How can you watch such a right wing biased propaganda machine like Sky News?

I was hoping she was going to slap him or do a John Knott on him ...

https://youtu.be/ln3SpXXYTHY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:41 pm 
Master

kato paphos wrote:
How can you watch such a right wing biased propaganda machine like Sky News?

I was hoping she was going to slap him or do a John Knott on him ...

https://youtu.be/ln3SpXXYTHY

"right wing" * laughs hysterically*

I don't, I found it elsewhere on the Interwebs... :roll:

She should have walked out... would have saved her embarrassment... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:10 pm 
Rock Star

Aww gee, you're such a gentleman, you felt embarrassed for her :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:11 pm 
Top of the pops

I didnt feel embarrassed for her, if shes a shadow minister she should buff up before she goes on air, simple. She was shown as not being up for the job.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:23 pm 
Rock Star

I never understand why anyone should feel embarrassed for anyone else. That's a bit Mary Whitehouse.

People can be embarrassed themselves without having the embarrassing support of people being embarrassed on their behalf.

We all make mistakes Tanny, especially under pressure.

What did you make of David Davis (on Sky News again) calling the border between Northern Ireland and "Southern Ireland" (his words) an ... "internal border"

Sack the fecking ejit is what I say

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:29 pm 
Master

kato paphos wrote:
I never understand why anyone should feel embarrassed for anyone else. That's a bit Mary Whitehouse.

People can be embarrassed themselves without having the embarrassing support of people being embarrassed on their behalf.

We all make mistakes Tanny, especially under pressure.

What did you make of David Davis (on Sky News again) calling the border between Northern Ireland and "Southern Ireland" (his words) an ... "internal border"

Sack the fecking ejit is what I say

Read again - put your readers on this time instead of your lookers... :roll:

i didn't say I felt embarassed for her I said: -

CyprusGrump wrote:
She should have walked out... would have saved her embarrassment... ;)

Emphasis added by me... ;)

So, if you think DD should be sacked, you MUST agree that Emily should be sacked too...? :grin:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:35 pm 
Rock Star

Cyprus G, am I not allowed a little poetic licence in my interpretation of what you are saying or what i believe you meant to say?

Come on, if that's the case, then that's banter out of the window.

Lighten up!

And no .. DD has a real job, he should be sacked. Emily has a non job, how can you be sacked from a non job?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:43 pm 
Master

kato paphos wrote:
Cyprus G, am I not allowed a little poetic licence in my interpretation of what you are saying or what i believe you meant to say?

Lighten up!

And no .. DD has a real job, he should be sacked. Emily has a non job, how can you be sacked from a non job?

I am so light I could float away on the slightest breeze... ;)

Does Emily receive no payment for her non-job...?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:55 pm 
Top of the pops

kato paphos wrote:

Lighten up!

I agree, poetic licence is great!! So, allow me, what you are actually saying is you believe Ms. Thornberry is completely bloody useless and should be sacked immediately from her non job? :giggle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:07 pm 
Rock Star

Tallulah Savage wrote:
kato paphos wrote:

Lighten up!

I agree, poetic licence is great!! So, allow me, what you are actually saying is you believe Ms. Thornberry is completely bloody useless and should be sacked immediately from her non job? :giggle

You've got a funny way of interpreting things :-) ... but that's banter.

What I am asking, and you can give me a straight answer if you like, what is the value of any shadow cabinet minister when they are not actually running the country? And if you can say there is a value, what salary would you put on it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:30 pm 
Top of the pops

kato paphos wrote:
Tallulah Savage wrote:
kato paphos wrote:

Lighten up!

You've got a funny way of interpreting things :-) ... but that's banter.

What I am asking, and you can give me a straight answer if you like, what is the value of any shadow cabinet minister when they are not actually running the country? And if you can say there is a value, what salary would you put on it?

Why thank you! :bear hug On a slightly more serious note, I do think shadow ministers have a job to do, part of which is to show the voters they know their job and can do it well, in the event of being elected. Rather like a beauty pageant, without the looks in many cases! They should also be holding their elected counterparts to account, and on their toes, something it seems Ms. Thornberry has fallen down on if she didn't know the name of the French FS. To use sexism as an excuse is rather* cheap and tawdry in my opinion. I have no idea on salaries, couldn't even hazard a guess.

Last edited by Tallulah Savage on Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:51 pm 
Rock Star

Mmm .. I find myself agreeing with you partly.

Yes, probably better not for Emily to have accused Murnaghan of sexism and to have left it to her supporters to do so. But the heat of the moment and all that. I certainly think he is a sexist xxxx.

As for salary, I have probably more respect for politicians and what they do than anyone on PP. And yes, being in Opposition is good preparation for getting into power in 5 years time. On that basis salary well deserved. But if getting into power looks more like 20 years than 5, I do wonder. That's me being negative.

Emily is bright, she is a good politician. Let's let her off the hook this time. And that Murnaghan is a pig :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:13 pm 
Top of the pops

kato paphos wrote:
Mmm .. I find myself agreeing with you partly.

Yes, probably better not for Emily to have accused Murnaghan of sexism and to have left it to her supporters to do so. But the heat of the moment and all that. I certainly think he is a sexist xxxx.

As for salary, I have probably more respect for politicians and what they do than anyone on PP. And yes, being in Opposition is good preparation for getting into power in 5 years time. On that basis salary well deserved. But if getting into power looks more like 20 years than 5, I do wonder. That's me being negative.

Emily is bright, she is a good politician. Let's let her off the hook this time. And that Murnaghan is a pig :-)

I have no idea if Dermot M is a pig, not really watched him very much. Not sure it's negative, they way things are going it could well be so. She lost her cool on live tv, never a good idea, and not knowing a name has now become a major issue, which it shouldn't be. IF, yes that lovely word, if she had readily admitted to not knowing or forgetting, it would be a non issue, but I do think by calling him sexist to detract from her lack of knowledge was very wrong. Sometimes attack isn't the best form of defence because she's now headline news for the wrong reasons. She threw herself onto a big fat hook and will possibly make an even bigger mess getting off it. Until the next headline comes along!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:25 am 
Master

Emily accused him of doing the same thing previously yet still appeared on the show completely unprepared... :roll:

To be fair though, she is probably far too busy sending sneering tweets about people with flags outside their houses... ;)

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body