Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:30 pm 
Rock Star

De Vere are quitting Cyprus.
I understand they have taken well over 6 months trying to get a license to allow them to operate legally in Cyprus. This license as not been forthcoming.

I personally are very disappointed that they are leaving as after some initial teething problems with them, they eventually came up with a very profitable investment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:50 am 

I'm not - I got so fed up of their cold calling every couple of weeks when they were running. This last few months have been a real blessing.

It got so bad I saved their number into my mobile under the name "Do Not Answer".... :tickedoff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:41 pm 
Top of the pops

Blevins Franks are a pain.Despite many calls asking them not to send me letters after 8 years when are they going to get the message?. I have no money to invest so am not interested.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:35 am 
Idol

Whenever any of this lot phone I don't give them a chance to start their spiel, just say no thanks and put the phone down then wait for next month. :celebrate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:44 am 
Junior

I'm sure the vast majority of people in Cyprus will now be breathing a sigh of relief.
One word of caution though - many of the unqualified salesman will now just try an get jobs with other financial sales firms on the island.
My own thoughts are to always ask about the professional qualifications that the adviser has, and ask how long they have worked in the industry. If in doubt ask to see their qualifications. There are a lot of cunning salespeople out there - whatever the industry.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:23 pm 

dorsetfam wrote:
I'm sure the vast majority of people in Cyprus will now be breathing a sigh of relief.
One word of caution though - many of the unqualified salesman will now just try an get jobs with other financial sales firms on the island.
My own thoughts are to always ask about the professional qualifications that the adviser has, and ask how long they have worked in the industry. If in doubt ask to see their qualifications. There are a lot of cunning salespeople out there - whatever the industry.

Very true dorsetfam and I wish more people were like you. That way it would provide more reassurance for the ordinary layman and endorse those like myself who are more than happy to produce my qualifications.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:52 pm 
Junior

Hi Brendan,
I think it is incumbent on those advisors like you and I who have studied and worked to pass professional exams (whomever we work for), to help raise the bar, so Cyprus residents are able to understand there is a difference between professional advice and a smooth talking (or heavy handed) salesman.
Lee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:37 pm 
Top of the pops

IF correct I for one will be very sorry to see them leave - the adviser I dealt with was thoroughly professional and saved me a fortune - and I only ever get one call a year just to make sure I am still happy with them and if there is anything else they can help me with.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:27 pm 

No matter the qualifications,or smooth talking or not, i think i might put more credence in the opinion of some genuinely satisfied investors.
Thom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:00 am 
Junior

You may think that DV have left Cyprus but the truth is somewhat different. The staff they left behind now operate as Alliance Partnership Ltd out of the Czech Republic. If you investigate this company you will find that it came under the umbrella of DV Holdings Ltd.

AP do not hold a licence in Cyprus so they are not allowed to have a physical presence, offices etc. Like most of the other financial companies in Cyprus they carry on illegally as the authorities have no backbone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:18 pm 
Top of the pops

So most of the financial companies in Cyprus are illegal are they? No doubt you have some evidence to support this statement. Names, for example?

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body