Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 am 
Major

In these days when our pounds do not translate into many euros and prices everywhere seem to be going up can we have a section for how to make the best use of our meagre pensions and other monies.
The forum could be a list of where to get bargains, how to deal with problems e.g. excessive bills etc., etc.
For instance at the moment we are having problems with Peyia water and overcharging by them giving under-estimated bills for nearly 3 years and then lumping a huge bill all on two months, putting us into the higher payment tariff and total 200 plus euros bill.
Linda Leblanc Peyia council elected "green party councillor" is trying to sort this out with the accounts department who are very slow in dealing.
There could also be a list of good landlords/agents for renting and or buying property and of course moans about bad ones. I would suggest the lists be accredited by Paphos People members and from personal experience only.
I am sure there would be other headings to accumulate ideas, moans and fixes under which could be of help to all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am 

Since you have suggested it, why don't you run with it?
You could head it up. We already have Forum Administrators, Moderators, Quiz Master etc so why not be the 'money matters' liason ?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body