Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pensions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:52 pm 

Hi, just been reading all the news on tax on pensions. Anybody know about DTT's? My husband and I will be moving to Paphos next year and we are both retired. We are coming with Danish Pensions which are taxed on source, so we receive our pensions net. there is no question of not paying Danish tax as it is their rule that they have retained the right to tax all pensions, whether you live there or not. :(. My question is, if anyone knows, will we have to pay any tax at all, seems to me we shouldn't as we have already and they DO have a tax treaty. Our tax here is 38% which leaves us with about 4000 euro. We don't want to pay anymore of course, does anyone know about this situation. Also, is 4000 euro okay to live on per month.

Post subject: Re: Pensions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:35 pm 
Rock Star

I am sorry that I know nothing of your pension situation, except for the fact that €4,000 / month would seem to me more than ample.

The ordinary UK state pension would average at about €500 /month per person.

Lots of people, us included, manage on this.

Regards. Trev..

Post subject: Re: Pensions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:50 pm 
Top of the pops

haymarket wrote:
Hi, just been reading all the news on tax on pensions. Anybody know about DTT's? My husband and I will be moving to Paphos next year and we are both retired. We are coming with Danish Pensions which are taxed on source, so we receive our pensions net. there is no question of not paying Danish tax as it is their rule that they have retained the right to tax all pensions, whether you live there or not. :(. My question is, if anyone knows, will we have to pay any tax at all, seems to me we shouldn't as we have already and they DO have a tax treaty. Our tax here is 38% which leaves us with about 4000 euro. We don't want to pay anymore of course, does anyone know about this situation. Also, is 4000 euro okay to live on per month.

Hi, Maybe Carol Watkins of White & Georgiou (Who advertise here on Paphos People Business directory) could help you :-

http://www.paphospeople.com/white_georgiou.html

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body