Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VAT
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:53 am 
Star

Maybe I should have posted this under the '' Joke Section ''

When we had a company , we were constantly reminded it was a serious offence not to submit VAT returns and make payments on time .

We have for a few years now had the company legally closed and all submissions made and paid .

However it has been confirmed that the VAT have to return some money to us , as we overpaid .

How do we get this money and are we entitled to claim for late payment from their side , as our accountant has been told from their office they have no
money to pay us back at present .

Where do we stand or should we accept that this is Cyprus , they have no money and one day we may get what is ours .

Les

Post subject: Re: VAT
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:26 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
How do we get this money and are we entitled to claim for late payment from their side , as our accountant has been told from their office they have no money to pay us back at present .

I must say upfront that I have no professional knowledge of working in Cyprus, but surely the question you pose should have been (easily) answered by your accountant?
If he is at a loss, I would be inclined to (a) change your accountant (or at least get a second opinion) & if the answer remains the same, (b) then talk to a lawyer & get him/her to ask for a refund in writing.

However, this being Cyprus, the 'excuse' of "they have no money to pay us back at present" may well be the reality, or unfortunately just 'convenient' for them, or a bit of both. If you could get them to put their response in writing (admitting the amount of the refund due) would seem to be the way to go as a first step along, what may be, a long road.

Hope this turns out well for you.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body