Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 pm 
Junior

We registered a company in 2006, but have never traded the company. My husband is retired and I am registered as self employed as a cleaner. We only registered a company because we took bad advice, our accountant said we should never have bothered as it is easier to register self employed. Last year we read about the 350 annual tax, asked our accountant about deregistering. They wanted a fee of 200 euros to prepare accounts for each year (but we have no accounts as we never traded) In the meantime, the papers reported that if a company was in-active, they would automatically be de-registered, so we left it at that. Suddenly it seems this has been revoked and we are not sure if we will be chased for back payments- we cannot afford this sort of money and are very worried. Can you offer any advice about this, whether we have to de-register or whether we may already have been as we have never traded or had any corrrespondance from anywhere.

Thank you

Kind rgds

Florentyna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:16 pm 

Hi Florentyna

I've sent you a PM.

Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a previous life.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 pm 
Major

You may be out of time for 2012 and previous years but, in general, for 'dormant' companies no fee is payable. The requirement to file still stands.

Some info Here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 pm 
Junior

Dear Florentyna,

You have to send a letter to the Registrar of Companies that the company is not active and ask from them to cancel it.

Also, if the company is registered with the tax office, then you have to inform them in writing and ask your accountant to cancel the registration with the tax office and VAT office.

Until the Registrar of Companies closes the company, you have to lodge a letter to them every year in order to avoid having to pay these fees. It takes a while to close the company.

If you wish I can help you with the letter to the Registrar of Companies to close the company and your accountant must do the application for the tax office and VAT office, if applicable.

Regards

Haris Kalogirou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:00 pm 
Junior

Hi Haris

Thank you for the info.

We are not registered with the tax office as we never traded and never intend to now. So would a letter suffce? We have never had any demands for any payments, in fact we have never had any correspondance in the registered name of the company.

Kind rgds

Florentyna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 am 
Star

Good Morning Guys

Forgive me if I am wrong , but when we wanted to close down our company , we had to have an accountant do the books for every year the company was in operation ( Trading or Not ) , and have them audited , and submitted to have our company suspended / cease trading .

We also had to provide the VAT similar details , and they found after all accounts closed they owe us ( VAT ) a few hundred Euros .

The company was formally closed and almost 8 months back and we had confirmation we are owed monies , however we had to ensure all VAT submissions and payments were made on time , they have still to issue the refund .

Any comments , and I am sure I will get the response " Sorry they dont have money " , but mine is " they have mine and its not theirs "

Thanks

Les

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body