Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:00 pm 

English lady age 47 living in old town Paphos looking for work asap. Experience in Receptionist, customer services, car rental, travel agent, prison officer and security and retail management. I have clean driving licence but no car at the moment. References available on request.
Please contact me by phone 99043988

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:32 pm 

Still looking if you can help!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:19 pm 

Still looking for work!
Do you need a house sitter while you away for xmas? 40 euros a day for up to 5 days any longer 30 a day.
Call me 99043988

Please note I do not have car but have a clean driving licence.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Ann, I hope you find something but I know several people who house/pet sit for 10 euros a day so you may struggle to find someone to pay what you are asking.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:46 pm 
Rock Star

How much!

Toooo expensive by far even for Pefeia/Coral Bay.

Alan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:06 pm 

I can understand your comments about my pricing if I was a retired person or someone that has a regular income then yes I would settle for 10-15 euros a day if it was just house sitting. But my last job I did included all cleaning, taking dogs for walks and feeding, and cooking for husband for two weeks until he joined wife, my day started at 6 am and finished at 8pm 100 euros for first two weeks then 70 after thought they had there monies worth!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:23 pm 
Junior

Hi , can you tell me how much you would charge to just house/pet sit Mon to Fri 24th-28th. The house doesn't need cleaning and the dog has a huge garden so he doesn't need walking. The husband will be away and getting fed at the hotel with me.
Surely not 40 euro's a day ??
The house doesn't really need looking after, its mainly dog care. We dont mind if he goes to stay elewhere, he's well trained and no problem, he's just a lively little fellow as he's only 8 months old.
He gets on well with other dogs, although he's never encountered a cat so I cant vouch for him on that.
If anyone can help please contact me via PP.
Thanks x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:27 pm 
Idol

I also hope that you will find some work but I do think you are over-estimating the daily rate you can expect for house-sitting/pet-sitting, especially when a lot of forum members are pensioners and may not be able to afford €40/day. Sadly, your argument of saying you are not of retirement age will not persuade anyone to pay well over the going rate when there are plenty of people who will do this for €10/day.

Also, the fact that you state you were not adequately paid by your previous employer, I feel is not going to further your cause. Hopefully you would set a work schedule/daily rate/working hours ahead of accepting the post and you would have been within your rights to choose not to do any work over and above what you had agreed and quoted for, or renegotiate for extra requirements.

Maybe a better approach would be to advertise your house-sitting services with a contact number for people to call, explain exactly what they would require you to do, and then give them an appropriate daily rate.

I hope you will take this as constructive advice as I'm only trying to help you. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:00 pm 

Tarrah wrote:
I also hope that you will find some work but I do think you are over-estimating the daily rate you can expect for house-sitting/pet-sitting, especially when a lot of forum members are pensioners and may not be able to afford €40/day. Sadly, your argument of saying you are not of retirement age will not persuade anyone to pay well over the going rate when there are plenty of people who will do this for €10/day.

Also, the fact that you state you were not adequately paid by your previous employer, I feel is not going to further your cause. Hopefully you would set a work schedule/daily rate/working hours ahead of accepting the post and you would have been within your rights to choose not to do any work over and above what you had agreed and quoted for, or renegotiate for extra requirements.

Maybe a better approach would be to advertise your house-sitting services with a contact number for people to call, explain exactly what they would require you to do, and then give them an appropriate daily rate.

I hope you will take this as constructive advice as I'm only trying to help you. :-)

Please dont mis-understand me I was not saying I was not paid enough I just wanted to explain what my fee included at that time. I will take your advice on board. But would like to ask how much does it cost to put dogs in kennels on a daily rate is it less than 10 euros a day? I am just trying to get back on my feet and start afresh thats all!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 am 
Top of the pops

One thing I have found is that you cannot make a living out of house sitting. People either cannot or will not pay a decent daily rate to have someone live in their home,use the electricity,gas,wood,oil or whatever form of heating they have,use all facilities and eat and drink what is in the house. Most feel that they are doing you a favour allowing you to live rent and utility free in their home.
I agree that per animal per day in kennels or cattery etc is a lot more than 10 euros a day but they will argue that you will use 10 euros plus a day using their electricity etc.
You also do not have your own transport and most people do not expect you to use their car if you need to go out shopping,vet etc which is another problem you may encounter.
I speak from experience, I have even done a 2 week cat sit for a couple who never paid me a penny ( I did mention fuel costs checking on my own home daily)did not leave me enough food for a first nights meal,ran the oil down to nothing so no heating and it was freezing! and didn't even bring me a little thank you gift from the UK when they returned.Needless to say I didn't do it for them again when they asked and made sure that I didn't get caught like that again.
People who have money are remarkably tight fisted which is probably why they have it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:39 am 

ANN HENDY wrote:
Tarrah wrote:

Please dont mis-understand me I was not saying I was not paid enough I just wanted to explain what my fee included at that time. I will take your advice on board. But would like to ask how much does it cost to put dogs in kennels on a daily rate is it less than 10 euros a day? I am just trying to get back on my feet and start afresh thats all!

We have 2 dogs (one is 99% rottweiler and about the size of a small donkey, the other is about the size of a springer spaniel) and we pay 15 and 14 Euros per day for kennelling with 10% discount if they are in more than 3 days at a time. Smaller dogs will cost less.

You have to bear in mind also that these costs involve all their food and cleaning out for the time they are in kennels. For a house-sitter (and by that, I mean someone who stays at the house on a permanent basis including overnight rather than popping round a couple of times a day), the pet owner still has to provide the food for their animals on top of the fee paid to the sitter.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:30 am 
Rock Star

Ann

You have written "still looking for work" and I charge "40 Euros a day".

I think there is a connection there somewhere.

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 pm 

yes still looking for work anything considered in paphos. Cant afford to be choosy will put my hands to anything 5 euros an hour. please call me 99043988. i am not available from 24th dec till 5th jan have house sitting job which have taken on board all your advice and charging 100 euros for this job. Thank you all for your input and hopefully something full time will come up soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm 
Top of the pops

ANN HENDY wrote:
yes still looking for work anything considered in paphos. Cant afford to be choosy will put my hands to anything 5 euros an hour. please call me 99043988. i am not available from 24th dec till 5th jan have house sitting job which have taken on board all your advice and charging 100 euros for this job. Thank you all for your input and hopefully something full time will come up soon.

Glad you have got something Ann even though it is not a lot of money but at least you will be warm and dry and have some nice food. Hope your Christmas is happy and the New Year brings you a change of luck on the job front.
It is not easy over here but at least you are trying and I really hope something turns up for you soon.

Best wishes
Beverley xx

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body