Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:30 pm 
Major

Hi All,

As many already know I manage one of the larger indie blog networks online and we currently have several open positions. These all are paid positions but in all honesty no one is going to get rich of this, still I know most local communities usually members have who are interested in writing and earning a small buck on the side from writing and a topic one likes is in my opinion always welcome so I thought that I would first post this opportunity here, before posting a free job listing on the usual writing sites (we own several popular freelance writing sites, so do not reply that I am looking to save money by posting this here!).

Right at the moment we are looking for food and recipe writers. If cooking is your passion and you love sharing your knowledge with more than thousand subscribers and daily readers, this might be an interesting gig. The site is several years old and will be undergoing a transformation over the next months and become a food community (not a forum!). This site will also be the main showcase of a new recipe search engine we are releasing over the next months (hint: our recipe database will be bigger than Google's and Bing/Microsoft's and we have 9 full time developers working at this project! No need to say that we will promote this site maximally).

This is a paid opportunity and the best candidate would be available to write on a daily basis, Mon. - Friday but if you are really passionate about both cooking and writing, we can accommodate up to 3 entries/weekday and 1 on both Saturday and Sunday. The general budget available for this gig (max. 17 entries/week) is enough to easily pay my electricity, water and phone and internet bill every month and then some (and I live in a rather big house).

After 3 months the fee can be discussed and a revenue share can be added as an incentive as well but the best candidate would be someone who loves cooking and wants to share their knowledge. Complete training how to publish will be provided but it is not more difficult than writing a letter in Microsoft Word. :)

If interested, just send me a PM and more details can be provided. Please do not respond if you are not ready to contribute for at least 3 months.

Franky
Twitterz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:18 pm 
Major

This is now gone to a PP member.

If you like writing and wish to earn a buck on the side, please do not hesitate to PM me, chances we have slots open are likely.

If you are a (lurking) web designer with proven WordPress knowledge and/or an excellent grasp of modern design/CSS (or other modern development languages popular in open source softWare), do not hesitate to contact me as we have open positions right now on some very prolific blogs (multiple thousand subscribers each and long standing and known brands) since our own design and WordPress crew, me inclusive, is totally booked out for the next months and barely have time to write ourselves anymore! One blog is a top 10 blog about blogging and WordPress.

Franky
Twitterz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:08 pm 
Junior

franky wrote:
This is now gone to a PP member.

If you like writing and wish to earn a buck on the side, please do not hesitate to PM me, chances we have slots open are likely.

If you are a (lurking) web designer with proven WordPress knowledge and/or an excellent grasp of modern design/CSS (or other modern development languages popular in open source softWare), do not hesitate to contact me as we have open positions right now on some very prolific blogs (multiple thousand subscribers each and long standing and known brands) since our own design and WordPress crew, me inclusive, is totally booked out for the next months and barely have time to write ourselves anymore! One blog is a top 10 blog about blogging and WordPress.

Hi Frankie, is Rob with you having a pint :celebrate if you have anything suitable for me let me know. See you at TT.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:40 pm 

I know this is an old post but I am moving out to Droushia in May (2011) and previous experience is in IT - currently running my own blog and keen on cooking/craft/photography/travel so this was of interest to me. Are there any opportunities coming up?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:00 am 

hi i am interested in this, food is my passion. I would love to know more about it.

thks
liz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 am 
Top of the pops

Where is Franky, is it looking for Wally on those old posters at the dentist..

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 am 

He just seemed to disappear. Unfortunately never got to meet him. He went to the Sept PP do. Then he didn't turn up for the wine festival trip to Limassol. Nothing after that.
Unless Martin has kidnap him as I've not seen him much either.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body