Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm 
Master

Hi Guys

I have spent almost 2 years in mourning and now I need to get back to what makes me tick. I spent 25 years in the Middle East starting as a PS moving up to Middle East Administrator covering 10 ME countries and all the staff plus the accounts. I have also been a Branch Manager and held Office Manager positions too. I need to find a job that gives me "the buzz" factor. One with responsibility, and it needs to get my adrenaline pumping. I work better under pressure and challenge. I have references to prove my worth. Now - is there any off-shore company out there in need of my services? If interested please PM me and I will forward you my checkable CV and references if requested. Oh I am a young 56 - tall, slim and blond - not that it should make any difference but I know that prospective bosses like to know what prospective employees look like. Up-to-date picture will also be forwarded upon request.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:45 pm 
Top of the pops

Things were looking good until this bit.

Quote:
tall, slim and blond

Im looking for a wee short dumpy broon heided glesca wumman.

Hope you get what you want.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:56 pm 
Master

Hi Tanny

Love your response and it really made me laugh. If I am not to become a bagwoman I need to get back to doing what I do best. In the ME every prospective boss wanted to see a pic and if you were not gorgeous you did not get selected for inteview! Guess I am still in the ME mode, However, I am worth an interview for any position in an office (except tea girl). I really need to get back to doing what I do best, so if you have any ideas as to how, I would really appreciate your advise.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:01 pm 
Graduate

Quote:
I need to find a job that gives me "the buzz" factor. One with responsibility, and it needs to get my adrenaline pumping. I work better under pressure and challenge

Janalld - this kind of job would be hard to find in UK so good luck with your search in Paphos! I really hope you find something (although if I were so bored etc I would apply for anything including Tea Girl!) ... you'll probably find you are over-qualified for the vacancies available - please keep us updated on your search!

~The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:22 pm 
Master

Hi Miss Marple.

I am an Aries. My mottos are "I can, I will and I am" and "Good better best, never let it rest, till your good is better, and your better best" My hubby died and left me almost pennyless despite the fact that I have worked since I was 16 and he took on the accounts when we married (on my 20th birthday). He was supposed to be dealing with our Retirement Fund. I promise you that I will find something to enable me to pay my bills and eat and something that I am good at. I am not too proud to wait at tables or pull a pint, but having a good brain I would rather find something that is my "zone" if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:19 pm 
Regular

Hi Jan,

have you tired PWC or AMDOCS in Limassol (AMDOCS is an Israeli company that deals with billing systems (telecoms) and possible other areas - not sure). There is an agency that deals with high level jobs in Cyprus http://www.cyprusrecruiter.com/ (tryng to encourage my hubby to seek and find out there - Oxford is too cold at the mo).

Hope you find something

Rita

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:59 pm 
Graduate

Hello again Janalld, I really admire your positive attitude - and I hope you find something soon. My husband and I are planning to move to Cyprus this year (as soon as our property is sold) and the thought of being left on my own there (God forbid) is quite daunting! You are an inspiration - keep smiling :D

~The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:08 pm 
Star

Hi Jan

Not sure if this is anything , but thought I would send it anyway !!

" Kindness Cyprus " are looking for a new Managing Director , you can see their add on " Anglo Info " , or you can send your CV to [email protected] .

Did you get all your house finished ???

Best Regard

Les

West Coast Services

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 pm 
Master

Hi Draffe - I should have said that I live in Tala. Thank you so much for the web address you gave me. I have been on there to have a look and will be registering with them. You are a star! Hope you can persuade hubby to start seeking as the site is really excellent. It is somewhat "nippy" here at the moment, but nowhere near the cold you are experiencing.

Hi Miss Marple - thank you for your advise and kind words. It has not been easy. The worst part is that the neighbours and people who used to be friends no longer come near and I have become the Black Widow! My parents disinherited me because I could not be at their beck and call 24/7/365, and my sister would not come out to assist (she never came to the funeral either). I spent months on my own. Finding PP was literally my life saviour as I was contemplating the worst sin. I reached out to these lovely people and they were there for me. Now I am looking forward. It is still difficult, especially financially, but I am slowly getting there.

Hi Les - and thank you for your lead, which I am also looking into. With regards to my house, the kitchen and bathroom are almost finished. The guys are wonderful perfectionists. They dug out the floor in the bathroom and fitted my original loo, they have changed the sink for one that they have built a beautiful vanity unit for which runs the full length of the room and put shelves and sliding doors on it, they have created a beautiful bath panel and fitted the shower unit and the shower sliding doors, they have rebuilt my bathroom door to accommodate the extra width of the bath, and they are going to create a false ceiling with spot lights after sorting out the extractor fan. They are also going to fit my original loo downstairs in the small toilet. Just one or two more things to do in the kitchen before that is finished including putting down the new floor tiles. God really is good and these guys were heaven sent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 pm 
Master

I forgot to mention in my above post that there is something that I have been asked if I would be interested in doing which has really excited me! Now do not go smutty on me please. I am not saying anything yet, but I do hope that it comes to fruition and if it does then I will tell you! All I will tell you at the moment is that I received a PM from a PP member! :celebrate :gossip

Luv & hugs

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body