Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Police & Crime Bill
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:09 am 
Rock Star

The sooner I can get back to Cyprus the better, the UK is on the verge of anarchy, the poor police are today's society's punch bag, they are dammed no matter what they do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56478904

Post subject: Re: Police & Crime Bill
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:43 am 
Top of the pops

You certainly can understand why people are protesting and very vigorously also. A major bill being slammed through the commons and lords during a period where it is exceptionally difficult to voice concerns and be heard. The police are their own worst enemies. They have become an almost paramilitary arm of propaganda enforcement in the UK (watch out Cyprus) and despite having several organisations that purport to represent the street policemen they don't have the balls to object.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 am 
Idol

Absolutely agree with you Tanny. In Holland during the weekend's protests the demonstrators were protected from the police by a large ring of retired soldiers and like minded nursing staff in their uniforms.
Doesn't it seem like all countries are being directed in the same way from above, not that I am a conspiracy theorist? :crylaughin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:43 pm 
Rock Star

Tanny I agree with some of what you say, but the Police are not at fault here, the Police and Crime bill was designed by MP's not the police, the police are not paramilitaries, they are doing what the MP's want by trying to maintain law and order, as I said in my post they are caught in the middle, dammed either way.

I have no objection to people protesting (PEACEFULLY) I say peacefully, when they resort to violence they lose all credibility, if you attack someone is that not assault, if you damage property is that not criminal damage, so do we let these thugs just rampage, who pays for the repairs, when officers are hurt who polices the streets.

The Police have become the nations punch bag not on, If we have no police then we would have a mob rule mentality, what is the alternative. MARTIAL LAW, you would not like that at all

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:53 pm 
Top of the pops

I think looking at today’s dreadful pictures in Bristol Low Voltage ...where a police station was attacked by mob rule and thugs ...where they injured and broke the bones of the police officers inside...and damaged the police station and police vans .....that law and order has now almost gone in the uk...by the minority

An absolute tragedy and the majority of law abiding people are absolutely angry with this mob rule anarchy, which has been going on for the last few years! Any excuse and they are out there yelling, shouting and screaming for their rights!

People should stop the blame game of MP,s, Covid 19 and excuses of dreadful behavior!
We are in the middle of a pandemic...So for now the rules have changed
Now is not the time for protests...we are trying to get the virus under control!
So that life can restart again!

We all need including the thugs and ferals of communities to do as we are told

Lock the lot of them up....harsh sentences of hard work which will help communities

Mob rule and anarchy is NOT okay or acceptable in any society!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body