The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 am

UK TV Cyprus

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:37 pm 

Just had this from a friend in the UK BE CAREFUL

Attachment:
135716812_10224108548957091_5829341467915826173_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:39 pm 
Rock Star

Dave, Can I also add to this as well, 2 days ago I got a text message asking to access my Patient Portal to obtain my next medical appointment as everything is going online.

How I spotted the fraud is the way they had addressed it to me, they used my first and middle name and did not use my surname, after calls to the Lincolnshire health authority they confirmed it was fake.

The text message had a mobile number and looks genuine, what the NHS said (brief) if on your mobile phone it comes up with a 4477799922 (example) then ring the NHS patients department and they will confirm or deny that a message was sent, they also said to sign up for patient portal you must register with your GP, if you have not then it is also a sign of a scam.

They also said, whatever you do do not ring that number associated with the text, long story as to why, but it will result in massive call charges to you, another scam, if they don't get you with your log on it will get you through call charges

Due to COVID many people are using their mobiles as point of contact, this is a scammers delight.

Hope this help

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body