Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Latest on Brexit!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:19 pm 
Regular

Well it looks as though Boris Johnson has called the EUs bluff. He has made a statement saying that the talks are effectively over and we will be leaving with an Australian type deal ( WTO I think) He said that the EU had not been negotiating seriously for some time and that at the EU summit they were demanding that we make more concessions which we are not prepared to do. The EU says that Barnier is still coming to London next week but Boris states there is no point in him coming unless they are prepared to concede on their red lines.
Interesting times ahead but I know from everyone I speak to here that we just want it done and over with - it has gone on for far too long. I do hope you all in Cyprus will be OK but I would think so!

Watch this space!!

Post subject: Re: Latest on Brexit!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:09 pm 
Master

The Brexit issue has rumbled on for so long and the Covid situation has meant negotiations have been going on very much in the background. However, having done everything required as recommended by the various government officials, I am happy to take a back seat and adapt as necessary when the changes do occur.

Post subject: Re: Latest on Brexit!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 pm 
Rock Star

Watched the Andrew Marr show today and Mr Gove made a good comment/ Question - Why does the EU allow the Canadians to trade with the EU under good trading conditions, yet they will not let the UK have the same trading regulations.

My answer to that question is, the EU are miffed with the UK, we are no longer putting into the pot, so it is toys out of the pram.

Like Boris or hate him he will have something up his sleeve, the rest of the world want us.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body