Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:22 am

UK TV Cyprus

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UK Coming
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:54 pm 
Rock Star

Hi folks tonight's news the BRITS (not the Jocks or the Welsh they are still thinking about it) yep we are coming, we can now go on holiday - Fantastic, Brilliant - parts of the EU said welcome UK and from what my friend has just told me Cyprus is going on the list of allowed destinations.

Now we will bring you the following - Noise - Pollution - Drunkenness - Litter - MONEY and guess what CORONA VIRUS Bet you are really looking forward to us coming.

And if you thought it will be all right, we have been locked up like caged animals for 3 months, some of those will have been on the crowded beaches you can guess the rest.

SEE YOU SOON :greetings :sunny :welcome

I did say be careful for what you wish for.

PS got my Ghetto blaster packed (do they still do those things) also my budgie smugglers (not something you really want to see)

Post subject: Re: UK Coming
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:48 am 
Idol

You're all very welcome - the Country needs your money and I feel safe enough not to worry! :sunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:47 am 

LV Quote:- "Hi folks tonight's news the BRITS (not the Jocks or the Welsh they are still thinking about it) "

Since you say 'not the jocks or Welsh, should it not then say 'Engerlish' instead of BRITS? :grin: :lol: :crylaughin

ps, I agree with everything else :lol:

pps, Better be careful or a certain member will think we are being racist :roll:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:40 am 
Top of the pops

Sorry to be sensible BUT I don't want them (or any tourists tbh) here this season!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:38 pm 
Rock Star

Hi Dave, My wife wants to know how you could suggest that a certain member could even consider me being a racist - her answer to you is, he doesn't like anyone so no problem simple's :crylaughin :england

Ps just tried to book a flight out and return £502 in September for one person, hell that's dear will look around

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:58 pm 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:
just tried to book a flight out and return £502 in September for one person, hell that's dear will look around

Lufthansa LCA-LHR return, mid September, from €175!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:58 am 
Rock Star

Don't expect to be welcome in Cyprus!

Peyia & Coral Bay area are already considered a 'pariah state'.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:08 am 

Topgun wrote:
Don't expect to be welcome in Cyprus!

Peyia & Coral Bay area are already considered a 'pariah state'.

Why do you say Peyia and Coral Bay are already considered a 'pariah state' Who is it that considers this?

I am on the fence with this one. The economy needs the tourists as do those employed in the ‘leisure’ industry however nearly all the recent Covid 19 cases here are from people coming into Cyprus.
I was talking to a friend yesterday who is in the leisure sector and he was telling me his ‘unemployment benefits’ are in the region of €500 per month. His rent is €300pm leaving him €200pm to cover his electricity, water and gas bills, food, insurance etc so he needs to get back to work

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:58 pm 
Rock Star

Dave - Joking apart you have hit the nail on the head, I have a couple of friends living in Cyprus and they say the same as you, a lot of good people in Cyprus are struggling.

I doubt that it is going to get any better, how on earth can you live on €200 a month, regrettably you are all between a rock and a hard place dammed either way, a lot of folk over here are on reduced wages ( 80% ) and they are moaning try living on €200 then moan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:34 pm 
Rock Star

M.A.D wrote:
I was talking to a friend yesterday who is in the leisure sector and he was telling me his ‘unemployment benefits’ are in the region of €500 per month. His rent is €300pm leaving him €200pm to cover his electricity, water and gas bills, food, insurance etc so he needs to get back to work

You also need to factor in that social insurance are still expecting people to pay their contributions which, according to my friend who works in weddings, can be more that €500 per quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:59 pm 
Star

That €500 is probably because they are self employed, i doubt that an employee would pay anywhere near that

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:24 pm 
Top of the pops

Two more cases flown in

Interesting read ...1 was some one who flew from Serbia is in class C country to Bulgaria which has just gone back to class B but was class A when they flew in...they where stopped and tested and they are positive

The 2 Nd one flew from the USA class C to a class A country ? ....flew into Cyprus and was tested on arrival ...that test proved negative...so they wandered around for 9 days then started with symptoms and have now tested positive...so where has this person been and in what areas of Cyprus for the past 9 days spreading the virus? Because it is more highly contagious in the beginning

And this is only the beginning of what is happening and is going to continue to happen

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/06/29/coro ... w-cases-6/

Yet! We need for all of these poor people who are hard workers to be able to go back to work ...they are not managing ....they are struggling

Worrying times

Last edited by migmogs on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:37 pm 
Top of the pops

Maybe Siberia, Serbia is a different place.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:50 pm 
Top of the pops

tanny wrote:

Sorry Tammy you are right
I am wrong on my geography :oops: :oops: :oops:
My apologies ...I have corrected my post
Nothing against Russia by the way ...like the uk it is because of the covid virus pandemic
Still in the C group of countries to come into Cyrus yet

Serbia is still though not classed as an A country for entry and is still a C country

So they travelled from a C category country to an A category country to gain access

Which is supposed to not happen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 am 

migmogs wrote:
tanny wrote:

So they travelled from a C category country to an A category country to gain access

Which is supposed to not happen

From a previous thread

Q2: What other documentation is necessary?
a. A ‘Cyprus Flight Pass’ will be made available on the website http://www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy, which can be accessed and filled in electronically. For traveller facilitation, copies will also be made available at airport check-in counters. A filled-in copy of the flight pass will be requested prior to boarding, and at border control at the destination.
b. The flight pass will include the following points: a) a questionnaire requesting information on a person’s travels in the 14 days prior to visiting Cyprus b) confirmation that a person has not travelled to/from or lived in a country other than those included in Category A and B, in the 14 days prior to travel c) confirmation that a person has not shown any symptoms related to COVID-19 in the 72 hours prior to travel d) confirmation that a person has not knowingly been in touch with COVID-19 patients in the 14 days prior to travel e) disclaimer that travel is taking place at a person’s own responsibility, and that the Republic of Cyprus or businesses operating within it, cannot be held liable for infection at any point during the travel process f) disclaimer that upon return to their country of origin, a person will notify the Health Authorities of Cyprus, should they display COVID-19 symptoms in the 14 days after leaving the island.

http://www.paphospeople.com/ppforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35132

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 am 
Master

Travel from Category C countries, including transit travel through these countries, is allowed only to citizens, residents, and exceptional cases after receiving prior approval by the Republic of Cyprus. Jun 18, 2020.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:47 am 
Rock Star

You also need to consider the 14 days bit.

If you, for example, travel from the UK (category C) to, say, Switzerland (category A) and stay there for two weeks before travelling on to Cyprus, you do not need to declare that your travels originated in the UK.

It only becomes an issue if you take a flight consisting of several sectors, travelling through or from category C countries, or if the whole journey is within the last 14 days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:58 pm 

Professor of Microbiology/Molecular Virology at the University of Nicosia Medical School Dr Petros Karayiannis stressed that most of the cases in recent weeks have originated in category C countries, which are on the no-fly list but have arrivals transiting category B countries.

“The cases are not on a daily basis, they come to us almost every two days and they are from the countries which we know belong outside the two categories.”

According to Karayiannis this phenomenon will continue.

“It is expected that some people who belong to category C countries will travel from airports of countries that either belong to category A or category B. They indicate their destinations on the card they fill out. Upon their arrival in Cyprus, they take a sample if they do not have a certificate”, he noted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:58 am 

Attachment:
106464117_3499511150078265_6998477683576180181_o.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body