Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NHS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Don't suppose there are many NHS workers looking in here, but just in case - a rousing cheer to each and every one of you. Many of us here have family dependent on the NHS services and so so appreciate everything that each and every one of you do.

Thank you, thank you, thank you xxx

Post subject: Re: NHS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:12 pm 
Top of the pops

Our uk NHS
Are truly awesome and amazing

Some of the best trained drs and nurses in the world!

And I would like to applaud all of the retired NHS drs and nurses who are gearing up for what is about to happen in the uk

Yes we truly thank you all from the bottom of our hearts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:19 am 
Junior

I am not front line NHS but I am a clerical member of staff on the Intensive care unit in the UK and I am so proud of my front line colleagues, we are like a family and have shared many emotional moments over the years.
please please listen and heed the instructions by our leaders as I have seen first hand the destructions of families who cannot be with there loved ones in hospital as they also may have to self isolate, they cannot be at the bedside of the loved one as they pass away,,, this is a evil we cannot see but good does overcome evil so lets ride this storm together and come through it stronger.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:00 am 
Top of the pops

TREBOR50 wrote:
I am not front line NHS but I am a clerical member of staff on the Intensive care unit in the UK and I am so proud of my front line colleagues, we are like a family and have shared many emotional moments over the years.
please please listen and heed the instructions by our leaders as I have seen first hand the destructions of families who cannot be with there loved ones in hospital as they also may have to self isolate, they cannot be at the bedside of the loved one as they pass away,,, this is a evil we cannot see but good does overcome evil so lets ride this storm together and come through it stronger.

Thank you so much for all that you and your team do...you are all amazing

Thank you for all that you and your team do for us all

Yes all that we all need to do ...is to stay home!

Last edited by migmogs on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 pm 
Rock Star

My daughter is a nurse in Derby and her local Tesco opens its doors for NHS one hour before anyone else (other stores are doing the same), she was in there yesterday after doing a 12 hour shift to find other NHS workers from the same hospital in a group of 6 SIX chatting (they were cleaners from the hospital), they had no with no PPE and not adhering to the 2 meter rule.

My daughter was still in uniform and was wearing a mask and confronted them, very sheepish they separated, she dad I despair :banghead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:59 pm 
Master

lowvoltage -

Not criticising your daughter in any way as I know it has been hospital policy for a number of years now, but having trained in the NHS in the 1970s we were never allowed to wear our uniform off the hospital premises. We even had to have work only shoes.

Hence it was a huge shock when I returned to work in the NHS in 2001 to not only find that it was the norm for hospital staff to wear the uniform home, to the supermarket etc. but there were no facilities provided for people like me who insisted in wearing the uniform only at work (soon changed as I was given a locker in the doctor's changing room).

Infection control has always been one of the areas I have taken an active interest in, particularly in a hospital setting.

TREBOR50 -

maybe not frontline and yet an essential member of the team - we couldn't do without you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:04 pm 
Rock Star

Hi Alexis, Agree my daughter is not happy at this, just to fill you in about the facilities, Royal Derby Hospital is a new hospital opened in 2010, it has a lot of issues post opening due to poor workmanship but thankfully these have been addressed.

There are still many faults for example there is little or no parking for the staff which does cause issues, secondly which deals with your comments and in my opinion quite rightly so, this is the wearing of uniform as I will explain.

Space in the hospital is limited there is little space for lockers, what is there is only for valuables and personal belongings, in most areas nurses are in scrubs whilst they are doing daily work and are disposed of when the shift is over.

95% of nurses male & female wear there work cloths to and from work, not ideal but this is the modern way.
The point I made earlier was that as she was in uniform (wearing her coat) she was still identified as a nurse and the group never gave her any backchat, they just did what she requested and parted.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 pm 
Rock Star

This has been taken off the BBC news.

The NHS is running out of Protective clothing so much so the staff are resorting to bin bags, NHS staff have been told not to speak to the media but one brave Doctor has gone on record her name is Doctor Roberts

Dr Roberts helps her colleagues by securing bin bags on their heads.

If you want to read more about this then use the link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52145140

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:11 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
This has been taken off the BBC news.

The NHS is running out of Protective clothing so much so the staff are resorting to bin bags, NHS staff have been told not to speak to the media but one brave Doctor has gone on record her name is Doctor Roberts

Dr Roberts helps her colleagues by securing bin bags on their heads.

If you want to read more about this then use the link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52145140

If that photo was accurate ... the staff member would suffocate ! :doh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:48 pm 
Idol

With all of the immensely highly paid managers in the NHS surely one or more of them (probably a whole department) are responsible for buying in medicines, drugs, other equipment and protective clothing, so why is it that a Government Minister seems to be getting all the blame.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:52 pm 
Rock Star

Due to the virus my daughter is working flat out and can only send me texts messages, Sunday was the first day I got to speak to her, we have not spoken for nearly 2 weeks, she is working 6 days a week for 12 hour shifts with little respite.

We spoke about PPE and she said it is only a few hospitals that are struggling and that is mainly the way they use PPE, she also went on to say that in Derby they have no problem, they have a different approach on how they are used, will not bore you, she went on to say it is the media who are stirring it and as in every profession there are whingers and moaners.

Draw you own conclusions!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:00 pm 
Top of the pops

I am glad that your daughter and her hospital have all the PPE that they need ...bless them and bless your daughter for her work ...so brave

But I also have t9 say that my young niece works is a Phlebotomists ...and she is working with covid patients with no proper mask at all ...and this was a few days ago ...I hope her PPE is now through ...as she was terrified

And yes the media does blow things out of all proportion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:05 pm 
Idol

Old Twister wrote:
With all of the immensely highly paid managers in the NHS surely one or more of them (probably a whole department) are responsible for buying in medicines, drugs, other equipment and protective clothing, so why is it that a Government Minister seems to be getting all the blame.

https://www.facebook.com/The17.4million ... 1i&__xts__[0]=68.ARDFMI1GjANsT7qCB7BfOVIYqrv2V4hP_U9DeB3COQV6nHXfB4Fo7DqTqwmioMEM9SoEcniZzbSufUN-LZIBcMVTYtmkbd82-9qphW7nN8Sncuk_FCxKTamCnBqYWltGkDrvm9f-rxVZlgj-9rejo_tK3irx8VgXbh6l3025Lb89wI3FfV17-1Yl7OI2OEoHBN5rEgrzcUPX_5xJH47EavHM4afC1V1UOIfd55jUxe53fXxk5ugjAlGKDgnHHkj_q0gmcYARFnr-M19CQTOAtCS5GedOy-_fYw5uaLr8b1yHzVrrynWKXLv6kMsp6xsRBHYx_8aGgylxxl4

This Facebook page probably answers my earlier question.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:18 pm 
Rock Star

For those that know my Daughter is a nurse, last night I got to speak to her, she says that Derby has not got a problem with PPE and one of her friends who works in another hospital says the same, question - is it the Media who are mischief making to sell papers, she says there are moaners in her hospital, I bet you all had one or two when you was at work.

But to answer Old Twisters question - Ministers at the moment are easy targets as no one wants to point the finger at the NHS.

When this is all over it will come out who is at fault, but the Japanese have a saying -- Fix the problem, not the blame. ' Find out what's [screwed] up and fix it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:52 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Ministers at the moment are easy targets as no one wants to point the finger at the NHS.
When this is all over it will come out who is at fault, but the Japanese have a saying -- Fix the problem, not the blame. ' Find out what's [screwed] up and fix it.

The problem, as I am sure your daughter will confirm, is that the NHS is a sacred cow, but one that is barely fit for purpose. That is no reflection on the staff at the sharp end, but on the cumbersome, inefficient, bottomless money pit of an organisation and the tasks that it takes on that were never part of the concept, when it was first envisaged. The problem is that the recent deification of the NHS, thanks to the sterling efforts of some front line staff, means that the chances of the reforms needed being applied are slim to none, as the politicians will not dare to touch it, and so after the contagion has left, it will simply go back to how it was before.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:15 pm 
Rock Star

Sadly KG you are right

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:24 pm 

This has been 'doing the rounds' and has gone viral...I am not sure of the accuracy of any of it but thought I would post..comments welcome

NHS Written by Jennifer Saunders

Let’s get this in perspective the crayon eaters who are set on pulling Boris down.
Firstly THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT ORDER EQUIPMENT for the NHS, they supply the money. The lazy arm-pit MANAGERS of the NHS are the procurement sources.
It's not the government that deals with the logistics for the NHS, it's yes you've guessed it the NHS, more giraffe poor NHS management (government sorted that by giving them the Army).
Two years ago there was a major exercise about the country being prepared for a possible pandemic, the government did NOT run that exercise, the NHS did, which they used their fantastic line "we can flex" so they were supposedly in a good place, add to that now Brexit with all the stockpiles that we had, they sat there and told the government we are OK. Did the MANAGERS then pre-empt the 4 weeks pipeline ordering (thats how long it takes container ship to come from......CHINA)....
oh how did we end up in that situation, well you stopped ordering from local sources, mistake all the eggs in one basket, who did that, not the government the NHS procurement.
With the care homes now screaming out for PPE shouting at the government, oh wait the majority of care home are PRIVATE business's, 84% to be exact. It is not the responsibility of the government to order PPE for the private care homes, the others are COUNCIL led therefore which ever banner they are under it is down to them. There are all these people hiding behind the government when in reality it is those MANAGERS who have fubar up. Not to worry though all our sterling journalists and crayon munching Joe public who believe the tripe they publish, to bash the government, one because they didn't vote for Brexit and two because the toxic crayons have got to them.

The real Joe public know our media are doodoo in almost every quarter and the muppets that chuck the stones from the side-lines, you know the ones that are armchair virologist/strategy professionals who could do oh so much better....NOT.
The government has made mistakes, but not as many as the media would have you believe, instead of trying to pull this country together it seeks to divide, we don't need this at this crucial time, stop reading the gutter press, the armchair freaks STFU we need to get through this and your incessant squeaking is nothing but oxygen waste.
Let’s get through this and beat this, as it is not over yet, not by a long chalk.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:38 pm 
Top of the pops

My thoughts exactly, M.A.D..
Finger-pointers and disgruntled lefty journalists ... We don't need such idle troublemakers.
We need solutions and the ability to help, wherever we can ... without carping ! :greetings

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body