Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 am

UK TV Cyprus

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stupid Brits
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:18 pm 
Rock Star

Our country must be as thick as pie meat and twice as sloppy, had a burst pipe yesterday so isolated it and went to town today ( B&Q Lincoln ) to get spares to replace it, it is sunny and 13c and the place was heaving, the roads were also busy. I had no choice but to go out others think it is a joke.

If you saw the news yesterday hundreds flocking to tourist spots, will people never learn, love the way Cyprus is dealing with this, last news I heard you only have 95 cases.

Post subject: Re: Stupid Brits
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:22 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Our country must be as thick as pie meat and twice as sloppy, had a burst pipe yesterday so isolated it and went to town today ( B&Q Lincoln ) to get spares to replace it, it is sunny and 13c and the place was heaving, the roads were also busy. I had no choice but to go out others think it is a joke.

If you saw the news yesterday hundreds flocking to tourist spots, will people never learn, love the way Cyprus is dealing with this, last news I heard you only have 95 cases.

Yes the majority yet...still don,t get it sadly

They can see what is happening in Spain and Italy

And think that this still is all a media hoax pure madness

And yes our numbers here in Cyprus are steadily climbing !

Stay safe all ...wear your masks when out and definitely wear disposable gloves!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 pm 

At the going down of the sun, we shall remember them.....REALLY

Unfortunately the ones, who survived and fought for your freedom, shall suffer not from the enemies of war, but from the ones they fought so hard to save.
ALL they are asking of YOU is not to hoard and sit on your backsides for 14 days
Hang your heads in shame
Attachment:
90599174_10157789767803381_8215043161773309952_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 pm 
Top of the pops

There are still British here being blase and reckless...my husband drove past Poliomonestero ...aand Brits where sat out together with flasks of tea/ coffee..what is this british mentality !

Our president is to give another announcement tonight at 8.30 pm ...to close and lock things down even tighter

And it IS the idiots causing this!

HUGE on the spot fines might sort them out or a spell in Nicosia prison!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 pm 

“On hearing ill rumour that Londoners may soon be urged into their lodgings by Her Majesty’s men, I looked upon the street to see a gaggle of striplings making fair merry, and no doubt spreading the plague well about. Not a care had these rogues for the health of their elders!”

Samuel Pepys Diaries - London 1664

No real change in 2020! We haven’t learnt any lessons from history - when will we ever learn?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:09 pm 
Top of the pops

Quote:
And think that this still is all a media hoax pure madness

And therein lies a lot of the answer, people are fed up of being fed false news from almost every channel and outlet they still think its a joke, those who get an idea it could be serious are too busy thinking about me me me and the people taking it seriously are locked down.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:44 pm 
Rock Star

Watched Look North Lincolnshire tonight, a elderly pensioner rants and says Do not do what Boris says, "he is not a Doctor" well this is the mentality of the Brits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:52 pm 
Rock Star

Another stupid situation arose this morning, had a knock at ,my front door, two guys wanted to know if i wanted my garden doing along with my trees as they look as they need pruning.

After I got over the shock, I asked them are they not aware of the virus? yes mate! well this is not essential work, yeah we know but we need the money, the company we used to work for have laid us off, (they are sub contractors to the council) cannot live on the pittance we will get.

Needless to say they did not get any work from me, felt sorry for them though.

People over here are desperate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:18 am 
Star

M.A.D wrote:
“On hearing ill rumour that Londoners may soon be urged into their lodgings by Her Majesty’s men, I looked upon the street to see a gaggle of striplings making fair merry, and no doubt spreading the plague well about. Not a care had these rogues for the health of their elders!”

Samuel Pepys Diaries - London 1664

No real change in 2020! We haven’t learnt any lessons from history - when will we ever learn?

I think this is a hoax , not genuine Pepys . But done with good intentions , it gets the message accross .

Anyone who knows basic English history will quickly spot some red flags. The date of 1664 is a year too early for the Great Plague, which the quote appears to describe. And the phrase "Her Majesty's men" is also curious, given that Charles II was on the throne at the time. No reigning queen would assume the throne until Mary II in 1689.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 am 
Rock Star

Anyone who doubted that the cognitive powers of the average Brit today, should have watched the BBC news yesterday about some youths exercising close together as a group in an outside gym.
It took their spokesman a long time even to formulate a sentence in response to the reporters questions.
In the modern parlance - like Duh!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 am 

Even the seagulls have more sense than some of these idiots :lol:
Attachment:
33069.jpeg

Someone who HAD to go out this morning messaged me to say it was relatively quiet with the exception of a group of 4 jogger, 1 person dog walking well away from any houses + a ‘service’ in the Peyia church :tickedoff :doh

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:39 am 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
Even the seagulls have more sense than some of these idiots :lol:
Attachment:
33069.jpeg

Someone who HAD to go out this morning messaged me to say it was relatively quiet with the exception of a group of 4 jogger, 1 person dog walking well away from any houses + a ‘service’ in the Peyia church :tickedoff :doh

The few idiots are STILL not listening! :tickedoff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:11 pm 
Rock Star

Topgun

I saw it as well and totally agree with you.

Be safe

Alan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:17 pm 
Rock Star

Me and the good lady were in Morrison's Lincoln today, we were there at 8 am and there were strict controls at the doors, they now have 1 person per trolleyper store, as I am disabled I was allowed my wife to accompany me.

Both of us wore face masks (vented ones builders type) and blue Nitrile latex gloves, as we walked round we spotted only one other man wearing a mask and one lady and one man with a scarf over their faces everyone else had no protection, the odd one had gloves on.

As Lincoln is a university city there were sever Chinese students in shopping everyone of them wore PPE, one couple stopped me and thanked me for wearing PPE, I got into conversation with them, they could not understand the mentality of the English not wearing protection.

Stupid Brits or what :banghead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 am 
Top of the pops

The WHO has just changed it,s thinking
Saying that wearing masks does protect people from the virus
Both from passing it on and from getting the virus

Problems can arise from not using or disposing of your mask safely.
Because it could have the virus on it when you take it off

There is of course a huge shortage in the uk of PPE for NHS staff

Why our uk government has not requisitioned uk clothes manufacturers to make PPE masks and protective clothes for our NHS I don,t know...as a former seamstress they would be so easy to make and turn out in their millions quickly

In the war years manufacturers turned their hands to making uniforms etc

Stay safe all

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 am 
Top of the pops

Just when you think you've seen the epitome of stupidity more idiots astound you! I will persevere with my mask and gloves on my rare trips out as I'm in 2 categories on the At Risk list! There's an expat lady in Geroskipou making fabric masks I think they're 5Euros each.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:40 am 
Top of the pops

Made a rare trip out yesterday (absolute necessity - cats were hungry), and saw drivers wearing face masks. These could cause a serious accident as many were fiddling with them and from my own experience my specs kept steaming up. Is there a need for them in the car.

Other issue s I saw 3 road blocks of various uniformed men doing checks and was stopped myself, but the laid back attitude of them left me thinking it would be very easy to simply speed up and rush by!

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:38 am 
Rock Star

migmogs wrote:

It doesn't actually say that at all ... :roll:
https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -use-masks

When to use a mask

If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.

Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.

Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:23 pm 
Top of the pops

J B wrote:
migmogs wrote:

It doesn't actually say that at all ... :roll:
https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -use-masks

When to use a mask

If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.

Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.

Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.

It was from the BBC Health on line News yesterday

I will try and refind the report

Stay safe and have a great Friday all

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:46 pm 
Rock Star

Well this threads title is about stupid Brits, the next item beggars belief, there is not a lot I can say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-52227363

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:10 pm 

Also saw this one

Greater Manchester Police warning after 660 parties shut down
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-52221688

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:17 pm 

This being the Ester Weekend in the UK, maybe on Monday night, all the people who are following the advice should open their front door and windows or stand in their gardens and shout 'SELFISH MORONS’ for 1 minute in honour of those who went out over the Easter Weekend and flouted the lockdown :grin:

Morons was added as a replacement to another word that is extremely rude and started with a 'W' :greetings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:12 pm 
Rock Star

One of my friends lives in France sent me this.

French news channel BFMTV reports

Private jet carrying holidaymakers sent back to UK --- A private jet carrying holidaymakers has been sent back to the UK by French police after those on board attempted to reach a villa in Cannes during the lockdown.

Ten people were declined entry into France after arriving at Marseille airport from London :banghead

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body